St. Johnstone 0 - 1 Aberdeen

28 minutes ago, Parklife said:

This the team then? 

Lewis

Hernandez  Taylor.  Hoban.  Hayes 

Campbell. Barron. 

Mclennan. McGinn. Hedges. 

Edmondson 

I'd have MacKenzie in at left back with Barron on the bench and replaced with Hayes. That side might just stand a chance of taking something from the game as long as we don't suffer 3 or 4 injuries during that match. Obviously Cerny and Logan join Barron on the bench and Michael Ruth will be there too. Fuck knows who else though thereafter. GWT could be drafted in (presumably you don't have to self isolate for a suspected case of the clap). Angus the Bull is probably good to go too. 

Just pray that the scaffolding/Loctite superglue3/whatever else is holding Hoban's knee together holds out for 3 games.

I get that people are angry, but pubs were open for business and lots of people took the opportunity.

It's not as if these players snuck into a lock in during the period the pubs were supposed to be closed.

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, Ten Caat said:

Just pray that the scaffolding/Loctite superglue3/whatever else is holding Hoban's knee together holds out for 3 games.

Edit. Hamilton game at home

He'll likely have to play as long as he can last on sat after more than a year out. Then 4 days later hes gonna have to do it again and then again a few days later

Edited by Ernie McCracken

If Hoban isn't fit to play games, is question why we've given him a contract now rather than wait until he's ready.

The bit that grates me is the pure stupidity to go out in such a number.  If any of them contracted the virus, then this was clearly going to happen.  If they'd each gone out with family or other friends, then fair enough.  That was surely drummed in to them, and they obviously showed it blatant disregard.  Or if it wasn't drummed in to them, then the club as a whole have something to answer.

Had the players actually been prohibited from going out to the pub drinking?  If not, I don't see an issue regarding the players - other than an unwise decision both in terms of going out drinking during a pandemic and after a limp home defeat to the Huns. 

If the players hadn't been explicitly banned , then this falls on the club IMO, for not setting some ground rules.  However, if they've broken any rules, then certainly throw the book at them.

Need some clarification from the club here. 

13 minutes ago, Woody21 said:

Having slept on last night's news now even more angry.

The majority of the population, and most Dons fans, have had to make huge sacrifices these last few months, including a return to lockdown measures in the last day or so.

Some folk have died, some folk will have medical issues for the rest of their lives and some folk have lost their jobs.

In amongst the crisis fans have stood up and supported the club financially.

The reward from the selfish and privileged eight was to ignore the guidelines and the fans and to contribute to the further spread of the virus and cause more problems all round.

I, personally, would accept us struggling this season as long as the eight eventually are shown the Pittodrie exit!!

What a strange opinion.

I'll be honest if we beat St Johnstone and Hamilton I couldn't care less.

6 minutes ago, V for Vendetta said:

If Hoban isn't fit to play games, is question why we've given him a contract now rather than wait until he's ready.

One assumes it was emergency cover in case someone came in for McKenna at the end of the month. Doubt it was with a view to 3 straight games in a weakened side 10 day later.

2 minutes ago, V for Vendetta said:

I suspect he's probably ok for 45-60 minutes by now and so was seen as decent bench cover with Devlin out (now on 2 separate counts). He would probably been fully fit within 2 or 3 weeks further training. But the big unknown is, as I've already alluded....just how will his knees stand up to proper competitive football and 3 games in the space of a week?

7 minutes ago, Foster14 said:

The bit that grates me is the pure stupidity to go out in such a number.  If any of them contracted the virus, then this was clearly going to happen.  If they'd each gone out with family or other friends, then fair enough.  That was surely drummed in to them, and they obviously showed it blatant disregard.  Or if it wasn't drummed in to them, then the club as a whole have something to answer.

Agree with that.

3 minutes ago, RUL said:

What a strange opinion.

I'll be honest if we beat St Johnstone and Hamilton I couldn't care less.

What's strange about my opinion?

2 minutes ago, Ten Caat said:

I suspect he's probably ok for 45-60 minutes by now and so was seen as decent bench cover with Devlin out (now on 2 separate counts). He would probably been fully fit within 2 or 3 weeks further training. But the big unknown is, as I've already alluded....just how will his knees stand up to proper competitive football and 3 games in the space of a week?

3 minutes ago, strachanmcgheegoal said:

One assumes it was emergency cover in case someone came in for McKenna at the end of the month. Doubt it was with a view to 3 straight games in a weakened side 10 day later.

Yeah I get that he was just meant to be extra cover but if weve given him a contract I'd expect him to have some level of fitness.

Not necessarily enough to play 3 games in 10 days mind you.

We'll just need to blood another youngster at CB then.

Considine will be back at some point as well?

How embarrassing...that's all I have to say on the matter.

The JRG protocols have been breached, 

Now if thee players were unaware of the rules then  the club is complicent and responsible, if the players did know and just decided to totally ignore them then they deserve all thats coming to them. 

Its the perceived arrogance and they are better than everyone else attitude that is grating

Strange lack of sympathy for two of our players who have caught a life threatening disease. No one knows the long term implications of this. Studies have shown that you can get long term lung damage or heart problems and yet some people want them sacked? 

A few of you need to have a long think about this. 

3 minutes ago, V for Vendetta said:

Yeah I get that he was just meant to be extra cover but if weve given him a contract I'd expect him to have some level of fitness.

Not necessarily enough to play 3 games in 10 days mind you.

We'll just need to blood another youngster at CB then.

Considine will be back at some point as well?

3 in 7 days.

Considine suspended for St J/ Hamilton. Back for Celtic (assuming he doesn't suffer an injury in training which would just be our luck rigt now). But even then, will probably be needed for left back duties. 

I'd happily see all 8 involved sacked,along with the manager who is meant to keep everyone in check.

Fuck them.

1 minute ago, Geoff_Tipps said:

I'd happily see all 8 involved sacked,along with the manager who is meant to keep everyone in check.

Fuck them.

Sacked two seriously ill people while they are suffering from the disease? 

Heartless

1 minute ago, manboobs109 said:

Strange lack of sympathy for two of our players who have caught a life threatening disease. No one knows the long term implications of this. Studies have shown that you can get long term lung damage or heart problems and yet some people want them sacked? 

They seemed to show little concern themselves if it was caught by themselves ignoring the guidance, the guidance is there for thier own and everyonw else's safety. 

The sfa doctor John McLean was on a while back and the measures required were mind-boggling and him and the clubs have worked so hard on this, and let's not forget football was given special treatment, but these players have stuck the two fingers up to all involved.

Total  arseholity personified 

5 minutes ago, manboobs109 said:

They won't be much good to us if that is the long term implications so would make sense to use an excuse to sack them and save ourselves some money.

3 minutes ago, manboobs109 said:

Sacked two seriously ill people while they are suffering from the disease? 

Heartless

Asymptomatic

Posted (edited)
33 minutes ago, Sonoftherock said:

Had the players actually been prohibited from going out to the pub drinking?  If not, I don't see an issue regarding the players - other than an unwise decision both in terms of going out drinking during a pandemic and after a limp home defeat to the Huns. 

If the players hadn't been explicitly banned , then this falls on the club IMO, for not setting some ground rules.  However, if they've broken any rules, then certainly throw the book at them.

Need some clarification from the club here. 

That’s just it.  The health thing aside (and I don’t want Ollie to think I’m under playing that, I’m as concerned as any parent), and the “had played shite looking completely if predictably underwhelming against the hun” thing, surely the risk of 6-8 first teamers out together is obvious.  If I’m a waitress next week at the Ardo say (or wherever Celtic stay) do I not say I served at a table containing Edouard, McGregor the centre half boy, thon prick Ajer and definitely that cunt Rogic and now I’m feeling a bit flu-ey?

edit just remembered it’s away but you get the gist.

Edited by strachanmcgheegoal

Just now, manboobs109 said:

Do we know for certain they weren't allowed to go out? 

Yes. They breached the protocols for Scottish Football as agreed with Scottish Govt. 

What we don't know is whether the club explicity highlighted their obligations to them. 

One way or another its a falling of the players or the club. 

1 hour ago, Parklife said:

This the team then? 

Lewis

Hernandez  Taylor.  Hoban.  Hayes 

Campbell. Barron. 

Mclennan. McGinn. Hedges. 

Edmondson 

Logan at LB I reckon. 

Its obviously a bit of a shitter for us but probably need to understand the facts before getting fired into the players involved. Admittedly, it doesn’t look great if indeed all 8 were out in the town regardless if they were being sensible with their choice of beverage. Not sure why the club are protecting the players by not naming names though, think the owe it to us to make us aware what the squad will look like on Sat.

6 minutes ago, King Street Loon said:

Logan at LB I reckon. 

There is no way he won't play Logan in this one and it will be at left back, you cant waste a player of Jonny's experience at left back in this situation, the likes of Barron and Ruth will be on the bench with Mackenzie and Ramsay. The big concern for me is Hoban and Wright having to play possibly a lot of minutes off the back of long term injuries

11 minutes ago, manboobs109 said:

Do we know for certain they weren't allowed to go out? 

You moved to trolling here now? Everyone is ignored your first 3 attempts yet you're continuing and getting even more pathetic with every post. 

Fuck off