Tord31

St. Johnstone 0 - 1 Aberdeen

5 minutes ago, starryfish said:

Sanctions forthcoming for our 8 players tomorrow from SPFL/SFA guess we could be without all of them for a good few weeks yet.

Can have no complaints about that.

16 minutes ago, Ten Caat said:

Can have no complaints about that.

Are the huns facing charges for playing a friendly match before their test results were received? 

16 minutes ago, NEM said:

Are the huns facing charges for playing a friendly match before their test results were received? 

Huns can do what they like for friendly games.  The rules don't apply to them.  Tests, red cards... Nothing to see here. 

Looking forward to Griffiths and Bolingoli getting the same charges...

17 minutes ago, Andy_123 said:

Looking forward to Griffiths and Bolingoli getting the same charges...

Tbh what bolingoli did was far worse that our players.  He has been deliberately premeditated and deceitful. 

1 hour ago, NEM said:

Conviently swept under the carpet that

6 hours ago, slippers said:

There is unconfirmed rumours that’s it’s spreading out to various places in the shire too. 

Fucking dirty toonser, spreading their disease, 

They should be made to wear a fucking bell 

Punishments will just entice clubs into hiding these things. Or is it to be trial via social media?

So the SPFL hadn't  thought of sanctions for players breaking the rules until 10 players broke these rules. They are then forced to create sanctions nearly 2 weeks after the players broke the rules, the said players will no doubt get banned and fined using sanctions that didn't exist when they actually broke the rules. Sounds like a typically Scottish football shambles.

4 hours ago, starryfish said:

Sanctions forthcoming for our 8 players tomorrow from SPFL/SFA guess we could be without all of them for a good few weeks yet.

You think?

I doubt they'll retrospectively apply them.

Rules and punishments should apply from the day that they are made , backdating them is not standard practice. SPFL is a very unprofessional body and really not fit for purpose from what I see . Votes by what's app etc. Clowns to a man. 

13 minutes ago, BitWait said:

Rules and punishments should apply from the day that they are made , backdating them is not standard practice. SPFL is a very unprofessional body and really not fit for purpose from what I see . Votes by what's app etc. Clowns to a man. 

They'll probably use a disrepute charge since its a bit of a catch all. 

8 hours ago, Sheepo said:

So the SPFL hadn't  thought of sanctions for players breaking the rules until 10 players broke these rules. They are then forced to create sanctions nearly 2 weeks after the players broke the rules, the said players will no doubt get banned and fined using sanctions that didn't exist when they actually broke the rules. Sounds like a typically Scottish football shambles.

Very good point. 

Plus bar breaking social distancing rules on group size, what actual rule did the players break? 

The club have already indicated they'll accept any punishment but seems bizarre they can retrospectively apply punishment. 

The players actions caused a game to be postponed. There will certainly be a SFA/SPFL regulation that allows them to take action against a player who causes postponement of a match. Bringing game into disrepute or some catch-all.

There won't be any new rules created today. What they will do is clarify which existing rule this falls under and make it a specifically known punishment for this type of offence - i.e setting a precedent. 

46 minutes ago, Donnet said:

The players actions caused a game to be postponed. There will certainly be a SFA/SPFL regulation that allows them to take action against a player who causes postponement of a match. Bringing game into disrepute or some catch-all.

There won't be any new rules created today. What they will do is clarify which existing rule this falls under and make it a specifically known punishment for this type of offence - i.e setting a precedent. 

Aye, I wouldn’t expect the 6 of the 8 that are fit, to be available for a game or two.

Total guesswork but a 2 game ban maybe.

Miss the St Johnstone game (which would be justice for St J) & Livingston at home on the Sunday. 

1 hour ago, Donnet said:

The players actions caused nothing of the sort. The club was willing to play the game but the Scottish Government interfered when they had no reason to.

29 minutes ago, RUL said:

The players actions caused nothing of the sort. The club was willing to play the game but the Scottish Government interfered when they had no reason to.

I agree that the Scottish Government shat it and abandoned the agreed protocols for positive tests at the first hurdle but the players' actions caused the Scottish Government to make that decision so that will still be the view of the SFA/SPFL

it'll be interesting to see what sort of retrospective punishments are given out then?

I'd see the fact Bolingoli made it on to the pitch as 5x worse than what any of our players did

1 hour ago, Tord31 said:

it'll be interesting to see what sort of retrospective punishments are given out then?

I'd see the fact Bolingoli made it on to the pitch as 5x worse than what any of our players did

Thing with Bolingoli is that Celtic are actively trying to move him on which is the wise thing to do soit won't affect them to the degree it will us

Posted (edited)

2 game bans with 1 suspended for bringing the game in to disrepute is my prediction then for our lads and Griffiths.

5 game ban for BB with 2 suspended

Edited by Tord31

3 minutes ago, Donnet said:

So would our guys have if 2 of them hadn't tested positive. Not as if they came in the next morning owning up to their error. 

It was a perfect storm for them really. 

2 test positive and were photographed in the same pub on the same weekend that had photos going viral for lack of distancing. After a defeat to the Hun. At the same time as numbers spike again in Aberdeen. 

The photos would still have came out of them in the bar but probably wouldn't have attracted the same national attention.  Would have been dealt with in house. 

1 hour ago, Tord31 said:

So would our guys have if 2 of them hadn't tested positive. Not as if they came in the next morning owning up to their error. 

2 hours ago, RUL said:

Cause and effect. The players actions gave the government the excuse to politely insist the game....and subsequent ones...were postponed. If they find themselves banned for a game or two then I don't believe we can (or will) make any complaint/appeal against the decision. 

10 minutes ago, Donnet said:

They wouldnt have been breaking national guidelines by not admitting to being out. No requirement for isolation unless there was a positive test or advised via track and trace. Which is what happened. 

Bolingoli flaunted a nationwide rule by not isolating when returning from a country on the isolation list. Very different scenarios and had they not tested positive for the virus there would have been nothing wrong with them playing in the st johnstone game. 

What is published in the SPFL rules we dont know so nobody on here can comment on that. 

So on top off the fines the club have handed out to the Covid 8 after the clubs internal enquiry. The SPFL can hand out further disciplinary measures? 

Powerful statement I thought from club.