Aberdeen v Hamilton

9 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

I agree it's a waste of his talent but the few times Logan played there I thought he really struggled.  And that was before his decline. 

Ideally Hoban could go out there but we've only 2 centre halfs just now. 

Maybe a chance to promote the boy from the reserves.  Though I've never seen him play so have no idea if he's capable of stepping up. 

I’d agree about Jack MacKenzie but I think McInnes will want as much experience on the pitch as possible in the circumstances, so I think he’ll go with Logan at LB.

I think McInnes doesn’t trust Logan much at right back nowadays , let alone at left back. I’ll be surprised if Campbell doesn’t start at left back.

If Shay is on from the start , I think it’d only be at RB , possibly with Hernandez pushed forward a bit into right midfield

28 minutes ago, King Street Loon said:

For the record I would advocate playing Mackenzie too. A start against Hamilton would be a good test for him.

But we all know Mcinnes probably wouldn't do that with a full strength squad to choose from, so he certainly won't do it with depleted numbers.

As good a time as any to give the lad a chance.

He’s certainly not going to blood him at Parkhead against Forrest. 
Give the lad a go on Wednesday, not as if the crowd will get on his back.

My X1; 4-4-1-1

Lewis

Hernandez Taylor Hoban MacKenzie

Hedges Ferguson Campbell Wright

McGinn

Edmondson

subs; Cerny, Logan, Ojo, McLennan, Ruth, Gallagher, Ross, Virtanen & a centre half from reserves 

2-1 Dons 

3 hours ago, DelMonte said:

Fat cunt Boyd on saying that it's unfair on St Johnstone cause they'll play a full Aberdeen team. 

The players will be back training the day before so no chance they'll play. 

What a tw@t.

The Hun Kent should have been suspended for the season opener following his sending off in France.

Nothing about sporting integrity there Fat Boy Boyd?

I see this as an opportunity for some youth to come in and cement their place in the starting lineup. I'm looking forward to Hedges and Wright getting a start and Campbell to prove why he should be starting weekly. Just want more energy from the team and a feel the youngsters will provide that. After last weeks dismal performance I wanted half the team dropped and thankfully thats happening.

McInnes desperately needs to change his formation and starting line up. I've been one of his strongest backers on here and even I'm fed up with it now. I wish he'd play two up top. McGinn would do a job alongside Edmondson.

3-0 Aberdeen (Taylor and Edmondson x2)

1 hour ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

As good a time as any to give the lad a chance.

Give the lad a go on Wednesday, not as if the crowd will get on his back.

My X1; 4-4-1-1

Lewis

McGinn

Edmondson

subs; Cerny, Logan, Ojo, McLennan, Ruth, Gallagher, Ross, Virtanen & a centre half from reserves 

2-1 Dons 

I do like that team, but not sure Mcinnes will pick it he will probably get Logan and Ojo in

1 hour ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

Think Campbell's first and second games were both against Celtic. Granted he might not have been isolated in one on one situations like a full back might get into more often but that's still in at the deep end. 

12 hours ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

Lewis

McGinn

Edmondson

Looks good to me.

Probably helped by, or directly due to, the absence of that fraud Ojo.

From  what I've seen, Campbell is not only a better option than that gype, but also gives us more than either Bryson or McGeough have managed to muster for AFC up til now.

11 hours ago, slippers said:

Makes a complete mockery of our philosophy if no youth get a chance over the next few weeks! Mckenzie has to start but you just know he won’t! DM will shoe horn players into positions 100% 

Pretty sure the stats showed our average first team was the Youngest in the league bar Hamilton last season.