Aberdeen v Hamilton

14 minutes ago, Ten Caat said:

Aye every chance of that now. Becoming quite clear that footballers do not have the intelligence, nor the motivation to comply with the rules put in place to allow it to take place. Apparently there's a news agency in Edinburgh who have evidence of players from other clubs doing the same as what our lot did a week past Saturday. They've just been fortunate that none of them tested positive. Once our second wave hits in the winter the game's a bogey. Still bizarre that the SPFL haven't clarified at what point the league becomes "awardable". 50% complete? After 2 full rounds?

Sevco will be praying for it  to happen before New Year

I genuinely don’t believe the season will be played out.

We have fuckwit footballers who don’t have the brains &/or the discipline to abide by the rules laid down (whether you agree with the rules or not is absolutely irrelevant).

Added to the fact we have a cautious & twitchy government, I just don’t see how it’ll finish, especially as there’s every scientific reason to believe we’ll get a second wave in Autumn/Winter.

As you said, at what point do we say “null & void”, or “placings stand as they are”?

Surely if it’s prior to Xmas we null & void. 

5 minutes ago, Studebaker-90 said:

Forgive me but is “second wave” not just media spun hyperbole? How do we know that what we experienced in March/April wasn’t the “second wave” based on the first cases in Europe being around December 2019. 

A second wave in Europe maybe. But we've not really experienced a "second wave" yet. Based on the graphs. We're kinda riding some smaller waves at the moment. 

We're always going to see ups and downs though, that's perfectly normal. It's how we deal with it at the time is what will define how much damage it does. i.e. not going out in massive groups of people, and definitely not flying to a country on the "this is a shit show, keep out" list and then not quarantining when you get back! 

It isn't. In many ways, Covid 19 acts very much like influenza. Which always has a spike in cases in winter months and which can be rationalised ( it doesn't go away during the better weather...people do get it in July just in far lower numbers) And the flu on average kills between 20000-25000 every year in the UK in spite of a vaccine being available. (the flu vaccine isn't particularly effective...needs to be given every year and it's partial guesswork on 2 of the 3 inactivated virus components that are included in it)

Coronavirus is killing about 4-5 times as many as ordinary flu. And most of those are either elderly or have long term co-existant conditions like diabetes or COPD that puts them at far greater risk. However the big difference is it is much more transmissible....far more people are getting it, albeit that in the vast majority of them, it does prove to be a minor illness. But in  true influenza, the virus mutates so slowly and antibodies persist long enough that if you catch it, you won't get it again for at least 8-10 years. The evidence we have so far is that covid 19 antibodies are very short lived, possibly as short as 3-6 months. That is the big problem...people catching it again and again, impacting the country financially as vast numbers take time off sick on a regular basis.  Of course there's no proven vaccine for it as yet. Trials are underway and may be promising but there's just no guarantees it will ever prove to be effective or financially viable. Even if it is, the likely outcome is that it will be a yearly inoculation for targeted groups only and will still kill as many as flu does. each year.

I also don't buy the thinking that wintertime will see a surge in cases, given we're repeatedly told its not 'the flu' so not a seasonal virus. It seems to be doing fine in all climates just now. Actual flu might be more of an issue.

Back on topic though, hopefully the game goes ahead. Unless theres a good reason not to (ie. another case) the Celtic fuck-up should be an issue for their tie, not ours.

Guest the shepherd
17 minutes ago, Studebaker-90 said:

Forgive me but is “second wave” not just media spun hyperbole? How do we know that what we experienced in March/April wasn’t the “second wave” based on the first cases in Europe being around December 2019. 

Spot on min. We have had countless "second waves" since being aware Coronavirus was heading to our shores. I am sick of hearing from all the fucking know-alls who have become qualified medical experts and clairvoyants overnight if we even dare challenge all of the unfounded rhetoric we have been subjected to since lockdown. 

1 hour ago, Millertime said:

Thats how daft the rules are though 

IF this virus is as catchy as they say, then if india has to quarantine in case she has it, then ash would likely get it to then spread to our players

She might even be the fucking reason 2 have it

1 hour ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Opening a can of worms there! 

Surely DM would have been most at risk then ;)

24 minutes ago, thedandydon said:

I also don't buy the thinking that wintertime will see a surge in cases, given we're repeatedly told its not 'the flu' so not a seasonal virus. It seems to be doing fine in all climates just now. Actual flu might be more of an issue.

Logic dictates that the increase in folk sneezing, coughing, etc which happens in winter, would have a direct knock-on effect with an airborne virus like covid. What im saying is, of course it will be worse in the winter. 

32 minutes ago, Simply Red said:

Logic dictates that the increase in folk sneezing, coughing, etc which happens in winter, would have a direct knock-on effect with an airborne virus like covid. What im saying is, of course it will be worse in the winter. 

Perhaps, but I don't think flu typically spreads like wildfire in the Easter months either and warmer weather tends to see it slow down (not the case with Covid, see Florida) so quite different in that regard. As someone mentioned it could well have been circulating this past winter but no-one knows for sure. Loads of folk I know (including myself) had coughs that took an age to shake off but wont know either way as we're doing fuck all antibody testing. equally it could just have been a bad cold, who knows. Its all guesswork at the moment.

Probably good for us in reality. Worry about lack of minutes in the legs for Euro game though.

The SPFL need to make a new set of stringent rules for every player. They’re professionals so they will just have to deal with living in a bunker for the next 9 months except for training and matches. 

7 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

No it isn’t.

you didn’t listen to her follow up

”I wouldn’t expect Celtic or Aberdeen to be playing in the next week” 

Aye, then says she has nae ordered that they be postponed.
SPFL should tell her to get to fuck.
Either she cancels it or she disnae.
Nae ony o this hinting / suggesting pish.

I've no issue with Scottish football being given a kicking, 

You reap what you fucking sow,  your arrogance, self importance, belligerence, conceitedness, the belief that your status earns you certain privileges, you are above the law and better than the common man the same common man that hand feeds you. 

You have proven over the last 4 month the game is a stinking sesspit, devoid of humility, decency and any scrap of respect. 

Apart from that Scottish football is great

• Downvote 1
4 minutes ago, muttonhumper said:

Aye, then says she has nae ordered that they be postponed.
SPFL should tell her to get to fuck.
Either she cancels it or she disnae.
Nae ony o this hinting / suggesting pish.

The SPFL will toe the line.

if in the unlikely event playing the games lead to an outbreak of COVID, they’ll be hammered & we’d definitely see the game shut down for the foreseeable. 

2 minutes ago, ericblack4boss said:

I've no issue with Scottish football being given a kicking, 

You reap what you fucking sow,  your arrogance, self importance, belligerence, conceitedness, the belief that your status earns you certain privileges, you are above the law and better than the common man the same common man that hand feeds you. 

You have proven over the last 4 month the game is a stinking sesspit, devoid of humility, decency and any scrap of respect. 

Apart from that Scottish football is great

The last 4 months?

Way WAY longer than that.

Rangers/EBT years...

2012 etc

18 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

No it isn’t.

you didn’t listen to her follow up

”I wouldn’t expect Celtic or Aberdeen to be playing in the next week” 

She didn’t mention it at all until the questions were put to the floor and every question was about football for first 5 minutes.