Aberdeen FC confirm Jimmy Thelin appointment ✍️ ×

Aberdeen v Hamilton

Can't wait for all this to blow over and we can go back to Hearts being the butt of the jokes and anger, rather than us. 

Anyways, we should still have enough to beat Hamilton and i'm hoping this is a blessing in disguise and giving others a chance to prove their worth.  After that performance on last week, I don't think many will be too displeased at seeing some of those 8 being removed from the starting 11! 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, CityCentre said:

The St Johnstone game should never have been called off either, it was just a chance for Sturgeon to grandstand and throw her weight around.

All in, I think she has done a decent job, but it was a marked difference in her response to when her Chief Medical Officer Catherine Calderwood broke the rules early doors in lockdown

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 2

NATIONAL clinical director Jason Leitch has said that he cannot confirm that Aberdeen's Premiership match with Hamilton on Wednesday will go ahead.

Leitch has been briefing the managers and captains of all Scottish Premiership clubs at 5pm this evening at the end of a week which saw eight Aberdeen stars forced to quarantine after a night out in the city which is now under lockdown measures.

Speaking on the Go Radio show, Leitch said the Zoom Call had gone well but he couldn't guarantee yet that Wednesday's Pittodrie showdown against the Accies would be going ahead.

"It certainly is NOT confirmed. Everybody is hopeful.

"Everybody is hopeful that Aberdeen city will get through this outbreak and get out the other end of it.

"But we have some important decisions to make on Wednesday for the population at large

And depending on that, it will have an influence on the game and what can happen around that.

"Because this game is in Aberdeen, not an away game.

"The wish is that elite football, like all elite sports, gets back as quick as they possibly can. But they have also got a responsibility. With privilege comes responsibility and that is what we have been getting across to clubs.

"For the first time I think, all captains and all managers have been in the one place at the one time, so it is a pretty unique moment, expressing the seriousness with which we are all taking this.

"The SPFL convened this and I and a couple of others from the Government went on and it was constructive and friendly but you won't be surprised to hear that I was pretty robust and assertive.

"Because I am a football fan and I don't want that return to be put at risk.

"Nor do I want people abused or vilified in any way - people make mistakes so let's move on from that.

"But this might have been a moment in time where football players realise we are not messing around here.

"750,000 people have died from this virus globally so you trifle with this virus at your peril."

As for a swift return of football in front of crowds, Leitch said the Aberdeen row hasn't done that idea any favours.

"I don't think this has helped but this wasn't a fan problem.

"We are worried about indoor hospitality, we have got an outbreak now in Aberdeen which is 167 people."

"The broader question on the guidance as to whether players should go out at all.

"I think there is an argument that elite sports people should go beyond the guidelines, not think they are just behaving like the general public."

Rod Petrie, Chair of the Joint Response Group, said: “The JRG is thankful to Professor Leitch, as well as the managers and captains of Scottish Premiership clubs, for facilitating a video call to reinforce the message that Scottish football is serious in its commitment to helping the country emerge from the COVID crisis as safely as possible.
“The events of last week were deeply regrettable but the JRG commends the immediate response by the Aberdeen owner, David Cormack, and the manager, Derek McInnes, in dealing with the matter and providing government with the necessary confidence that there will be no repeat."

9 minutes ago, daytripping said:

NATIONAL clinical director Jason Leitch has said that he cannot confirm that Aberdeen's Premiership match with Hamilton on Wednesday will go ahead.

Leitch has been briefing the managers and captains of all Scottish Premiership clubs at 5pm this evening at the end of a week which saw eight Aberdeen stars forced to quarantine after a night out in the city which is now under lockdown measures.

Speaking on the Go Radio show, Leitch said the Zoom Call had gone well but he couldn't guarantee yet that Wednesday's Pittodrie showdown against the Accies would be going ahead.

"It certainly is NOT confirmed. Everybody is hopeful.

"Everybody is hopeful that Aberdeen city will get through this outbreak and get out the other end of it.

"But we have some important decisions to make on Wednesday for the population at large

And depending on that, it will have an influence on the game and what can happen around that.

"Because this game is in Aberdeen, not an away game.

"The wish is that elite football, like all elite sports, gets back as quick as they possibly can. But they have also got a responsibility. With privilege comes responsibility and that is what we have been getting across to clubs.

"For the first time I think, all captains and all managers have been in the one place at the one time, so it is a pretty unique moment, expressing the seriousness with which we are all taking this.

"The SPFL convened this and I and a couple of others from the Government went on and it was constructive and friendly but you won't be surprised to hear that I was pretty robust and assertive.

"Because I am a football fan and I don't want that return to be put at risk.

"Nor do I want people abused or vilified in any way - people make mistakes so let's move on from that.

"But this might have been a moment in time where football players realise we are not messing around here.

"750,000 people have died from this virus globally so you trifle with this virus at your peril."

As for a swift return of football in front of crowds, Leitch said the Aberdeen row hasn't done that idea any favours.

"I don't think this has helped but this wasn't a fan problem.

"We are worried about indoor hospitality, we have got an outbreak now in Aberdeen which is 167 people."

"The broader question on the guidance as to whether players should go out at all.

"I think there is an argument that elite sports people should go beyond the guidelines, not think they are just behaving like the general public."

Rod Petrie, Chair of the Joint Response Group, said: “The JRG is thankful to Professor Leitch, as well as the managers and captains of Scottish Premiership clubs, for facilitating a video call to reinforce the message that Scottish football is serious in its commitment to helping the country emerge from the COVID crisis as safely as possible.
“The events of last week were deeply regrettable but the JRG commends the immediate response by the Aberdeen owner, David Cormack, and the manager, Derek McInnes, in dealing with the matter and providing government with the necessary confidence that there will be no repeat."

This guy is an absolute plum, the dentist is certainly enjoying his 15 minutes of fame

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1
1 minute ago, daytripping said:

Saying it's a Wednesday call as well, wise up min, decision is already made. No way announces an easing of lockdown even though we've seen no covid hospital admissions in Aberdeen, it will be a good few weeks yet and the match off. 

SPFL don't need the governments permission to postpone the game. 

If they don't think the uncertainty is a good thing they can postpone the game. 

But just like the weather they will likely give the game every chance to go ahead. 

It's not as if the govt have promised the game can go ahead and are planning to renege. The SPFL know the situation and have   decided to wait and see.

2 minutes ago, Ernie McCracken said:

SPFL don't need the governments permission to postpone the game. 

If they don't think the uncertainty is a good thing they can postpone the game. 

But just like the weather they will likely give the game every chance to go ahead. 

It's not as if the govt have promised the game can go ahead and are planning to renege. The SPFL know the situation and have   decided to wait and see.

The SPFL will want to play the game, same as the ST Johnstone game, this will a government call, we know not for health reasons. 

1 minute ago, daytripping said:

The SPFL will want to play the game, same as the ST Johnstone game, this will a government call, we know not for health reasons. 

Really? Not for health reasons? Locking down a city is hardly something new - it's based on a increase in coronavirus cases. 

You might argue that's no reason to lockdown. Fair enough, but just as Aberdeen has been locked down by the SNP, cities in England have also been locked down by the ENP. So I don't see how it is deemed political. 

5 minutes ago, Ernie McCracken said:

Really? Not for health reasons? Locking down a city is hardly something new - it's based on a increase in coronavirus cases. 

You might argue that's no reason to lockdown. Fair enough, but just as Aberdeen has been locked down by the SNP, cities in England have also been locked down by the ENP. So I don't see how it is deemed political. 

Both teams will have many covid tests over the last few weeks, Aberdeen even more so since last weekend, it won't be played in front of crowds. Elsewhere in Europe teams have had positive tests and the games went ahead. Of course it's political and the grandstanding that's coming with it is getting far more obvious, the daily nicola show was used as a platform for apologies to school kids today, it really shouldn't be allowed, no party in a democratic system has ever milked the national state media platform like she's doing. Wednesday will again be herr sturgo doing what's best for the nation....allow a football game in a lockdowned city!!!! are you mad, I'm cautious Nicola, I cry at queues, vote for independence. She's appealing to her cult and babs off facers. 

I bet schools are more important than Football matches gets a roll out. She won't cancel the tim game though, her core support.

Why can't the cult see what's happening??

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 3
Just now, Ernie McCracken said:

I think he meant this

"I don't think this has helped but this wasn't a fan problem.

"We are worried about indoor hospitality, we have got an outbreak now in Aberdeen which is 167 people."

He was talking about 'the Aberdeen row', meaning the players testing positive.  That's what I took from it anyway. Why is hospitality in a stadium different to any other hospitality in a bar or restaurant?  It's not like  the fans were getting back into grounds anytime soon anyway,  the lockdown in Aberdeen will be relaxed long before that happens. 

10 minutes ago, Ernie McCracken said:

I think he meant this

"I don't think this has helped but this wasn't a fan problem.

"We are worried about indoor hospitality, we have got an outbreak now in Aberdeen which is 167 people."

What happened to flattening the curve to help the NHS?  There was a doctor on Radio Scotland today pleading with people to start contacting their GP again as hospitals were quiet and admissions were way under what they should be. The fear of god has been put into people, hardly anyone is dying from the virus or getting seriously ill, it's now a political thing. She needs to fuck off and get off the tv, her PM did it Months ago.

• Upvote 1
6 minutes ago, daytripping said:

Both teams will have many covid tests over the last few weeks, Aberdeen even more so since last weekend, it won't be played in front of crowds. Elsewhere in Europe teams have had positive tests and the games went ahead. Of course it's political and the grandstanding that's coming with it is getting far more obvious, the daily nicola show was used as a platform for apologies to school kids today, it really shouldn't be allowed, no party in a democratic system has ever milked the national state media platform like she's doing. Wednesday will again be herr sturgo doing what's best for the nation....allow a football game in a lockdowned city!!!! are you mad, I'm cautious Nicola, I cry at queues, vote for independence. She's appealing to her cult and babs off facers. 

I bet schools are more important than Football matches gets a roll out. She won't cancel the tim game though, her core support.

Why can't the cult see what's happening??

OK. You describe Scotland as a region and proudly declare that our leader is the person who is the  head of the Conservatives (effectily the English National Party who cultivate and promote English nationalism throughout England, Wales and Scotland). 

In the same way you think Nicola has an agenda, you can see why I might think your point isn't unbiased.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 4
  • Downvote 2