Sign in to follow this  
sooth_stander

Jim Goodwin

In fairness, Goodwin looks like he will develop into a decent manager. If McInnes were to leave I'd want either Steve Robinson or Jack Ross. 

A number of players claim Steve Robinson is the best manager they've ever worked with. He also (like Ross) has an eye for a player.

32 minutes ago, CalgaryDon said:

A number of players claim Steve Robinson is the best manager they've ever worked with. 

Players used to say that about McInnes. 

18 hours ago, CalgaryDon said:

In fairness, Goodwin looks like he will develop into a decent manager. If McInnes were to leave I'd want either Steve Robinson or Jack Ross. 

A number of players claim Steve Robinson is the best manager they've ever worked with. He also (like Ross) has an eye for a player.

Doubtful that Ross would dump Hibs for us though, yeah? Not sure Robinson would jump ship either

19 minutes ago, sooth_stander said:

Doubtful that Ross would dump Hibs for us though, yeah? Not sure Robinson would jump ship either

It would be a sidestep for Ross if he were to join us.

I think Robinson could potentially be persuaded but I'd agree its doubtful. His next move will either be a decent sized club in England or the NI job.

Goodwin seems to be doing a decent job with St Mirren. But the limit of their ambition is to avoid relegation. And maybe try to fluke a cup given a (bizarrely) easy draw. Would I want him as a replacement for DM though? No thanks. Needs to prove himself at a bit higher level, actually replacing Robinson at 'Well when some team inevitably poaches him  (hopefully us) and keeping them top 6 would be a good start.

As for Ross....as it stands it would be a sidewards move for him coming to Aberdeen. Hopefully when all this covid shite blows over and the new stadium conundrum is finally sorted one way or another...…..Cormack will give DM's replacement a budget that comfortably blows the Edinburgh sides and the DABS out of the water and makes us undisputedly the 3rd biggest and best financed club in Scotland. Or am I suffering a severe case of wishful thinking??

Jack Ross? Hibs have got off to a decent start points wise but from having watched their recent games v Utd and Motherwell, they are a long ball team with zero pace (other than Boyle)

He’s has two windows to mould his own team yet has resorted to route 1 

If we can’t beat Hibs this season then something is far wrong (or worse than we already think it is)

Edited by sooth_stander