Sign in to follow this  
daytripping

Treadmill

Doubt there's already a topic on this so will put it out to the fine hat community on here. Daughters treadmill has stopped working, any experts on them or electrical stuff? I've taken off the cover, not a lot to the workings to look at, can't see any obvious signs of burn outs or anything. If you can't help would you know of anyone who could?

She's a student and ovs budget is tight but doesn't want to bin it and buy another if it's an easy fix. 

My capabilities begin and end in checking the fuse in the plug. Assume you've done that? 

29 minutes ago, daytripping said:

Doubt there's already a topic on this so will put it out to the fine hat community on here. Daughters treadmill has stopped working, any experts on them or electrical stuff? I've taken off the cover, not a lot to the workings to look at, can't see any obvious signs of burn outs or anything. If you can't help would you know of anyone who could?

She's a student and ovs budget is tight but doesn't want to bin it and buy another if it's an easy fix. 

If you send me her phone number and address i'll pop round and give it a once over.

43 minutes ago, Parklife said:

My capabilities begin and end in checking the fuse in the plug. Assume you've done that? 

Good shout Parkie, sounds unlikely these days, doesn't seem to be a thing that happens as much as it used to but will give it a go. 

I would have thought with the all the North sea tigers on here electrical circuits and motors would be a second nature thing to some, few quid in the hipper and my never ending gratitude in it for someone if it's not a fuse.

19 minutes ago, dazzy_deff said:

If you send me her phone number and address i'll pop round and give it a once over.

It's my house, pm me if you want to have a look at it. Appreciated.

5 minutes ago, Grays Babylon 1875 said:

There's a fair few videos on YouTube with boys who talk a good game about treadmill repairs.

Take a look.

Cheers min, never crossed my mind, will give it a look tomorrow in works time.

Probably a wire that's came free what with all the vibration and all.  Is your daughter a bit of a porker, Dayts?

57 minutes ago, dazzy_deff said:

finbarr-saunders-viz-400x400.jpg

8 minutes ago, Sooper-hanz said:

Probably a wire that's came free what with all the vibration and all.  Is your daughter a bit of a porker, Dayts?

Yeah I thought that too, big chubster hammering the thing, always going to shake something loose, no wires free.

She's not a porker, just someone who likes keeping fit, doesn't like outside jogging, guess the reason treadmills were invented.

Not sure the home treadmills are any great shakes , Dayts. They're not built to last. You're probably talking a good couple of grand to get a decent one.

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, daytripping said:

Cheers min, never crossed my mind, will give it a look tomorrow in works time.

No sweat pal.

Try to make a mental note for future solutions to problems with YouTube.

It's a great resource for troubleshooting - has everything from your grannies piles to mobile phone gremlins to hangover cures, and that inevitable errant nieces abortion.

👊🏼

Edited by Grays Babylon 1875

4 hours ago, Grays Babylon 1875 said:

No sweat pal.

Try to make a mental note for future solutions to problems with YouTube.

It's a great resource for troubleshooting - has everything from your grannies piles to mobile phone gremlins to hangover cures, and that inevitable errant nieces abortion.

👊🏼

Ah,  is that what YouTube is for?  I couldn't figure it out. 

A lot of these treadmills have a factory reset built in but you have to run backwards on it at pace for a few miles. 

Definitely one of the most depressing places to be particularly as we tip headlong into recession.  The white goods skip at the recycling centre.

Still better than fly tipping though kids!

2 hours ago, strachanmcgheegoal said:

Definitely one of the most depressing places to be particularly as we tip headlong into recession.  The white goods skip at the recycling centre.

Still better than fly tipping though kids!

How come?

On 8/12/2020 at 1:45 AM, maryhilldon said:

Ah,  is that what YouTube is for?  I couldn't figure it out. 

I was talking to the doctor.

Not the disease.

No offence. 

On 8/14/2020 at 2:50 AM, reekie_dock said:

Hit it we a sledge hammer 

May aswell fire in with the Love  Peter Gabriel before Hanz does.

On 8/12/2020 at 7:20 AM, Simply Red said:

A lot of these treadmills have a factory reset built in but you have to run backwards on it at pace for a few miles. 

Lol.