Ross Mccrorie

Just now, Ernie McCracken said:

In McInnes early years, one of McInnes best traits was quickly identifying when a signing hadn't and wasn't going to work out, rather than futily persevering with them in the hope they would come good. 

Zola and Wylde are 2 I can think of off the top of my head.  Can you imagine if McInnes had decided to stick with Zola instead of signing Rooney!!! 

Yea absolutely they were both punted very quickly. Paul Quinn was another that signed for 2 years and last 6 months.

There have been plenty others too.

There is certainly a role in the squad for one of McGeouch or Ojo. It's having both that doesn't make much sense.

We dont even have the perfect blend of midfielders even though we have loads.

In the 4231 one should be sitting (Ojo? McGeouch? McCrorie? Campbell?), one should be getting up and down (ideally I'd see this being Ferguson) and one should be comfortable as an 8 or 10 depending on the match/score.

We are totally missing the last one. I don't think it's Bryson or Ferguson. 

30 minutes ago, Tord31 said:

In the 4231 one should be sitting (Ojo? McGeouch? McCrorie? Campbell?), one should be getting up and down (ideally I'd see this being Ferguson) and one should be comfortable as an 8 or 10 depending on the match/score.

I’d say McCrorie & one of McGeouch/Campbell sitting with Ferguson being box to box 

Neither McGeouch or Campbell have had a consistent run & one of them needs that. 

25 minutes ago, Tord31 said:

On paper I don't think its as bad as you make out.

Bryson when signed appear to be a midfielder who burst forward and contributed a lot in an attacking sense. Ferguson as many have said has this in him as well, he has often had to sit deep to cover injuries (the load we had in midfield last season for example) and other issues. He could move forward.

Even McGeouch wasn't necessarily a defensive midfielder in his time with Hibs.

33 minutes ago, Tord31 said:

Its not a 4-2-3-1 if only one is sitting though.

I see SevCo were criticised for playing two defensive midfielders against Livi for it not being creative enough

Ideally, being offensive, we should play a 4-1-3-2 formation, with the two full backs encouraged to push on and overlap the wide midfielders with the defensive midfielder able to drop back into a back three for cover.

The two upfront can be deployed one in the no10 role, behind the main striker and be asked to drop and fill in midfield when not in possession to make it a 4-5-1, but as soon as we have possession, the onus is to get back into the attacking 4-1-3-2 layout.

• Upvote 1
54 minutes ago, Tord31 said:

Agree it should be 2 of Ferguson, McCrorie, Campbell, Ojo or McGeough that should play.  If he tries to shoehorn 3 of them into the team it's gonna be brutal. 

The other should be from Bryson, Mcginn or Wright, and let's be honest Bryson didn't really impress last time out. 

35 minutes ago, Millertime said:

That interview he gave is incredible 

Can't help but love him and his eagerness is amazing 

Just shows you, despite what we think re mcinnes,  he certainly has pull with the players 

He's hardly going to say that it's distinctly average to be here and that Cormack Park, whilst a decent facility, doesn't have a swimming pool like his old team's training ground does

Start referring to the team he has just left as "sevco" might also get a few of the more doubtful supporters onside

• Upvote 1
7 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

I’d like two up front.

I can’t see McInnes going 4-4-2, so work on a 3-5-2?

Lewis 

Taylor Hoban McKenna

Hernandez Ferguson McCrorie McGeouch Hayes

McGinn Cosgrove 

Maybe Deano instead of McGeouch.

Happy with that . Lot of height in that side too , should be good at set pieces . Ferguson the 1 in a 3- 4- 1-2 

49 minutes ago, afc1903mad said:

Its not a 4-2-3-1 if only one is sitting though.

I see SevCo were criticised for playing two defensive midfielders against Livi for it not being creative enough

Ideally, being offensive, we should play a 4-1-3-2 formation, with the two full backs encouraged to push on and overlap the wide midfielders with the defensive midfielder able to drop back into a back three for cover.

The two upfront can be deployed one in the no10 role, behind the main striker and be asked to drop and fill in midfield when not in possession to make it a 4-5-1, but as soon as we have possession, the onus is to get back into the attacking 4-1-3-2 layout.

I’d like two up front.

I can’t see McInnes going 4-4-2, so work on a 3-5-2?

Lewis 

Taylor Hoban McKenna

Hernandez Ferguson McCrorie McGeouch Hayes

McGinn Cosgrove 

Maybe Deano instead of McGeouch.

48 minutes ago, Millertime said:

That interview he gave is incredible 

Can't help but love him and his eagerness is amazing 

Just shows you, despite what we think re mcinnes,  he certainly has pull with the players 

It’s cringey as fuck. “Massive club” & “Gaffer” two of the most rancid and overused phrases in new signing interviews. The boy asking the questions needs punting as well. 

• Upvote 1
14 minutes ago, 1903Fitba said:

It’s cringey as fuck. “Massive club” & “Gaffer” two of the most rancid and overused phrases in new signing interviews. The boy asking the questions needs punting as well. 

At least the subscribers here don't refer to McInnes as "the gaffer". It's partly hilarious and partly extremely nauseating to see the faux genuflection on swallow swallow where Slippy is referred to as that. (although even more hilarious in the wake of dropped points/cup elimination when it's open season on the poor fucker and demands for his sacking take over for a few days)

Anyone else think he’ll be used more as a ball playing centre half. When he first came through at rangers he was described by caixinha as a centre half, was only when murty came in that he played in centre mid. Also played at right back most of last season with Portsmouth so not sure if they saw him suitable for centre mid. 6“3 so got certainly got the height for it as well. McKenna’s exit only being a matter of time and devlin permanently injured/out of contract soon , Hoban (if he stays fit) and McCrorie could be the centre half pairing going forward potentially.

5 minutes ago, Dave Bus said:

Anyone else think he’ll be used more as a ball playing centre half. When he first came through at rangers he was described by caixinha as a centre half, was only when murty came in that he played in centre mid. Also played at right back most of last season with Portsmouth so not sure if they saw him suitable for centre mid. 6“3 so got certainly got the height for it as well. McKenna’s exit only being a matter of time and devlin permanently injured/out of contract soon , Hoban (if he stays fit) and McCrorie could be the centre half pairing going forward potentially.

No.

Read an article where both player & DM apparently see him as a central midfielder. 
Maybe if there are injuries but predominantly in midfield. 

6 hours ago, Ernie McCracken said:

In McInnes early years, one of McInnes best traits was quickly identifying when a signing hadn't and wasn't going to work out, rather than futily persevering with them in the hope they would come good. 

Zola and Wylde are 2 I can think of off the top of my head.  Can you imagine if McInnes had decided to stick with Zola instead of signing Rooney!!! 

That is probably the most ridiculous assessment Of McInnes I have ever on here.

clangers, Maynard can easily counter your examples in his favour for your point.

7 minutes ago, fine-n-dandy said:

clangers, Maynard can easily counter your examples in his favour for your point.

Clangers was more so an inability to find a keeper who was any better. He did eventually move him on under contract

• Downvote 1
8 minutes ago, fine-n-dandy said:

The same Nicky Maynard who was only here a season? Aye that totally counters his argument that McInnes is quick to identify when a signing didn't work out.  ?‍♂️