Ross Mccrorie

4 minutes ago, fine-n-dandy said:

The very same yes.

the one he played relentlessly even though a blind man could see that he was never going to score.

mcinnes has persisted with many shite players in a desperate attempt to prove they were ‘good’ signings.

but just because he offloaded a couple of shite ones early enough that doesn’t excuse that trait

Relentlessly aye?  Are you SURE you've got the correct Maynard? 

Surely you don't mean the one who made just 4 First Team starts for the Dons? 

5 minutes ago, StandFree1982 said:

The same Nicky Maynard who was only here a season? Aye that totally counters his argument that McInnes is quick to identify when a signing didn't work out.  ?‍♂️

The very same yes.

the one he played relentlessly even though a blind man could see that he was never going to score.

mcinnes has persisted with many shite players in a desperate attempt to prove they were ‘good’ signings.

but just because he offloaded a couple of shite ones early enough that doesn’t excuse that trait

maybe if he fks Main off I would start to agree with your sentiments but in general he would far rather stubbornly persist with a player to prove he is right

2 minutes ago, Millertime said:

Anderson still fantastic m8?

Never ever said he was but I have always maintained he has never been given a fair crack of whip.

just as with Shankland when you actually look at the circumstances of their game time.

Anderson will be a great player for someone but McInnes has no faith or clue how to use him best it seems.

even v Huns he was hung out on his own to dry with zero service.

we only actually attempted to play a game v them in later in game after he was taken off

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2
11 minutes ago, fine-n-dandy said:

Never ever said he was but I have always maintained he has never been given a fair crack of whip.

just as with Shankland when you actually look at the circumstances of their game time.

Anderson will be a great player for someone but McInnes has no faith or clue how to use him best it seems.

even v Huns he was hung out on his own to dry with zero service.

we only actually attempted to play a game v them in later in game after he was taken off

Anderson will be a great player for someone...

someone out with the Scottish Premiership unfortunately. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1
1 minute ago, StandFree1982 said:

Yup.

He managed 2 games with more than 35 minutes, the rest average around 20 minutes.  

But you're right, an average of 20 ish minutes is definitely the definition of "being played relentlessly"  ?

Played ahead of others when it was clear he couldn’t score in a barrel of Millertimes because McInnes was desperate for him not to be the complete failure he was.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2
14 minutes ago, StandFree1982 said:

Yup.

He managed 2 games with more than 35 minutes, the rest average around 20 minutes.  

But you're right, an average of 20 ish minutes is definitely the definition of "being played relentlessly"  ?

3 starts actually plus a number of 20- 30 min appearances 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

I think what stands out most for me is he’s still young and wants to play football instead of happy to pick up a good wage and a few appearances at the huns. This is  not someone trying to get their career back on track after an injury, like so many of our players. Obviously something at our club has convinced him this is the best move for him.

Delighted that any decent player sees Aberdeen like that tbh.

• Upvote 1
16 minutes ago, Big Hat Logan said:

I think what stands out most for me is he’s still young and wants to play football instead of happy to pick up a good wage and a few appearances at the huns. This is  not someone trying to get their career back on track after an injury, like so many of our players. Obviously something at our club has convinced him this is the best move for him.

Delighted that any decent player sees Aberdeen like that tbh.

Getting a regular game for arguably the 3rd best team in the league for a young scottish player has to be a no-brainer.

29 minutes ago, Ten Caat said:

Millermong is likely too young to remember Scotland v Saudi Arabia in the 1989 final. I was 22 at the time and every single one of those cheatin' hoors were older than me

Did they not all get into a 21 & over night club in Glasgow post match that night, or is that urban myth?

i remember they all looked muscle bound with facial hair... against our skinny wee, plooky faced weasels that were actually 16.

We ran over the top of them first half, then the fact they were all in their 20’s took over in terms of strength & stamina.

1 minute ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

Did they not all get into a 21 & over night club in Glasgow post match that night, or is that urban myth?

i remember they all looked muscle bound with facial hair... against our skinny wee, plooky faced weasels that were actually 16.

We ran over the top of them first half, then the fact they were all in their 20’s took over in terms of strength & stamina.

No it's absolutely true. Fuck knows why there wasn't a FIFA investigation