Ross Mccrorie

Guest milne_afc

Deano is basically our Fonz. 

Leather jaiket, 20 rothmans and partial to a snifter of the gentleman powder. 

Just needs to find a ruthless streak and start causing injuries. 

14 hours ago, fine-n-dandy said:

That’s just it though. I really wasn’t 

also the attempt at proving me wrong was factually incorrect as far as games/starts & minutes went.

Maynard was played far far more than his play merited & he was given game time ahead of others more deserving.

mcinnes was desperate not to be embarrassed by signing him so gave him every chance he could, same as he does with Main but at least Main finally had a couple of ok games

Every Chance he could?  - He made 4 starts. 

Stop being a mindless idiot. 

Case Closed. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

This is probably controversial, but I think the huns are an excellent place to source players atm.

They currently have this weird ability to make good players seem shit.

Look at that Nigerian guy Umar Sadiq. Could barely get a game there in 2018, they were all saying he was a donkey. Went to Partizan Belgrade and he's been absolutely tearing it up ever since. Now rumoured to be headed for Man United.

Gerrard was saying at one point McCrorie would be a future Rangers captain. Then his career totally nosedived. I think there just a toxic atmosphere there that infects some players, and there is a real opportunity for clubs willing to liberate their psychological casualties.

I'm predicting McCrorie is going to be a real hit for us.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 7
56 minutes ago, Just Dandy said:

This is probably controversial, but I think the huns are an excellent place to source players atm.

Look at that Nigerian guy Umar Sadiq. Could barely get a game there in 2018, they were all saying he was a donkey. Went to Partizan Belgrade and he's been absolutely tearing it up ever since. Now rumoured to be headed for Man United.

Gerrard was saying at one point McCrorie would be a future Rangers captain. Then his career totally nosedived. I think there just a toxic atmosphere there that infects some players, and there is a real opportunity for clubs willing to liberate their psychological casualties.

They have an even more toxic fanbase than we do. The huns always demand “quality” signings every transfer window and few players generally play more than a season or two before they are binned. Look how they’ve turned on Ryhun Jack, “Tav” etc.

McRorie has to play midfield IMO. Ferguson needs to be given license to play, he has great technique and is a strong runner, should have two behind him that give him the freedom to get into the box and get on the end of things. 

Dean Campbell is a technically gifted player IMO, but has looked suspect in recent games. It makes sense to stick him on loan somewhere where he'll play every week and get to develop his game. He's not going to get the game time needed at Aberdeen to fulfil his potential I don't think, I'm sure he'd get a game at most championship clubs. Our midfield is bloated anyway and this makes the most sense. 

6 hours ago, Just Dandy said:

I watched a game where that sadiq boy played for them, was it against us? I canna mind. 

He put in a performance akin to a chibok schoolgirl. 

"Steven Gerrard saw the player’s future in midfield, branding the decision to play him at the back as ‘careless’ [Scottish Sun].

Yet, he looked comfortable in possession and dealt with the Saints’ odd foray forward, helping to secure his team a clean sheet, with Ryan Hedges netting a deflected 82nd-minute winner.

It’s interesting to see that Caixinha, McInnes and Kenny Jackett – who used McCrorie predominantly at right-back during his time on loan at Portsmouth last season – all believe he is better suited to a role in defence than midfield."

• Upvote 1
  • 4 weeks later...

I hope that Aberdeen's deal for young McRorie is set in stone and not one that the huns can turn round and say 'no no, you only had him on loan for the season and we are about to sell him once his loan deal finishes'! He has turned out to be a great signing for us and if anyone should make money out of him its us.

(Not that I want him sold)

McCrorie has been an excellent addition to the squad. Looks like a great bit of business for the club. 

I also feel Watkins has done a great job since joining as well. Holds the ball up well. Just need to see goals now as well. 

Hayes also makes a massive difference to our game. He leads by example on the field. You can just see he loves playing football with his enthusiasm for the game. 

If you add the improvement in Wright and Hedges with the solid defending of Hoban it's no wonder we are a far better team to watch at the moment. I know Hoban has had his injury worries but I would be delighted to see him commit his future to the club. 

I also think that Cosgrove missing has meant a change in playing style. We are still guilty of playing long balls at times but not nearly as much as before. What a difference yesterday when we kept the ball on the deck. Some lovely passages of play. 

All in all the squad looks good. I'm not saying that we don't revert to type at times and try and hold onto games but if they continue playing the ball where possible on the ground and confidence continues to build in the squad it could be an enjoyable season. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

If Kent got last month's player of the month award (couldn't really argue against it), then McCrorie will surely be a stick-on for this month's. Also will surely be promoted into the Scotland senior set-up, given how poorly the present incumbents played against Israel and Czechia.

Every time I see his goal against Killie it just gets better and better. The  whole move in itself was sublime but the finish was even better. I suspect that had Main or Cosgrove been on the end of Wright's pass/cross the end result would have finished with the ball 10 rows back in the Merkland. 

3 hours ago, pocrawred said:

I hope that Aberdeen's deal for young McRorie is set in stone and not one that the huns can turn round and say 'no no, you only had him on loan for the season and we are about to sell him once his loan deal finishes'! He has turned out to be a great signing for us and if anyone should make money out of him its us.

(Not that I want him sold)

I believe the deal is set in stone but I would imagine the huns insisted on a clause that they get a hefty percentage of any future sale.

Guest milne_afc

If he's as good as is being made out here, he's going to need a song. 

Too many good players have been underappreciated in the song department and subsequently left the club because of it. 

32 minutes ago, milne_afc said:

If he's as good as is being made out here, he's going to need a song. 

Too many good players have been underappreciated in the song department and subsequently left the club because of it. 

Ha could be a thread on it’s own.

Mixu Pattaelian what a fucking signing is still my favourite.

No idea how to spell his name