Ross Mccrorie

6 hours ago, Sonoftherock said:

I haven't read anything from the club, or loaded up RedTV yet.... any news on where McInnes sees him playing?

If it's midfield, one bonus is that we're are going to be a horrible team to play against.  You'll know that you've been in a game coming up against Ferguson and McCrorie.  There will be a few teams who won't fancy coming up here on a cold winters evening, knowing they're about to have the shit kicked out of them.

... but where does it leave the plethora of other central midfielders?

I'd imagine it means we will be looking to move at least one of them on. Some sevconians are convinced that a move for Ferguson is tied in with the deal and will be happening in the very near future. I'm not convinced about that. 

Over at Hivs.net......they think McGeouch could now be made available. That one would make sense to me given that it seems clear that Ojo was/is the preferred starter and now McCrorie is with us he surely falls even further behind in the pecking order. And of course, Dylan was one of the 8 eejits. I couldn't for the life of me understand why we had signed him in January (Ojo had been injured a while but there was no indication that it was going to be an ongoing problem or even a career ender). I think if Hibs (hahahaha) or any other team offered £500k it would be a good bit of business all round.

9 hours ago, CalgaryDon said:

If he avoids injury McCrorie is going to one of McInnes best signings to date. He is going to be a dominant presence for us. Good in the air, physical, has a nasty streak and would be a good choice for captaincy in the future. He's a winner. Really pleased by this signing.

He won't be protected as he was at SevCo.

Expect him to get a card count like Shinnie had early doors

14 minutes ago, Ten Caat said:

I'd imagine it means we will be looking to move at least one of them on. Some sevconians are convinced that a move for Ferguson is tied in with the deal and will be happening in the very near future. I'm not convinced about that. 

Over at Hivs.net......they think McGeouch could now be made available. That one would make sense to me given that it seems clear that Ojo was/is the preferred starter and now McCrorie is with us he surely falls even further behind in the pecking order. And of course, Dylan was one of the 8 eejits. I couldn't for the life of me understand why we had signed him in January (Ojo had been injured a while but there was no indication that it was going to be an ongoing problem or even a career ender). I think if Hibs (hahahaha) or any other team offered £500k it would be a good bit of business all round.

I'd imagine after that abortion of a performance by Ojo v the huns he'll be behind just about every central midfielder we have.

McGeough was coming onto a game prior to the season shutting down, (best player on the park in the last game).

Hibs can have Ojo for 250k imo. 

• Upvote 3
Just now, Betty Swallicks said:

I'd imagine after that abortion of a performance by Ojo v the huns he'll be behind just about every central midfielder we have.

McGeough was coming onto a game prior to the season shutting down, (best player on the park in the last game).

I'd see if they'd accept £150k to take him first, £250k a bit much

1 minute ago, Betty Swallicks said:

Ojo would be the odd one out for me... tidy enough on his day, but goes missing some times and has no heart.  We won't win anything with players like Ojo in our engine room.

I think McCrorie will be used in various positions in the short term because of his versatility.

Once things have settled down he'll be playing central midfield so it leaves us with a completely mad list of centre mids.

Ferguson, McCrorie, Ojo, Bryson, McGeouch, Campbell and Virtanen.

In addition to that we'd have Hayes, Hoban, Wright and Hedges who would possibly shunt in there mid match occasionally.

We've also now got 6 options for centre back all of a sudden so we are going to see several players moved on during September.

Great signing I've always been very impressed by McCrorie I'm surprised the huns have let him go. Future Scotland international player for sure. I remember he scored against us in a 1-1 draw up here a few years ago. He's very strong, versatile and is a good footballer.

Be interesting if in the short term McInnes plays him in defence or central midfield . I think medium to long term he'll be played in central midfield. 

• Upvote 1
20 minutes ago, Betty Swallicks said:

Aye, I'd not be bothered to see Ojo go.

Hasn't done anything to convince me that there's a player that's going to influence games. 

McGeough we know enough about from his time at Hibs and what he's capable of to make a difference in the Scottish game. 

We were already midfield heavy prior to this signing. I'm delighted he has signed but McInnes isn't going to be able to keep everyone happy. Lets be honest Ferguson, McCrorie, Ojo, Bryson, McGeouch, Campbell would all start for everyone outside of The Rangers and Celtic. I'm not sure what our best three is?

I'd probably argue its McCrorie, Ferguson and McGeough although I think Campbell is going to develop into a star for us and won't be long before he has to start. Bryson has been anonymous, Ojo for all his nice touches doesn't influence games and seems to hide away from tackles. McGeough was starting to look really good. Would be really disappointed if he left.

3 minutes ago, CalgaryDon said:

We were already midfield heavy prior to this signing. I'm delighted he has signed but McInnes isn't going to be able to keep everyone happy. Lets be honest Ferguson, McCrorie, Ojo, Bryson, McGeouch, Campbell would all start for everyone outside of The Rangers and Celtic. I'm not sure what our best three is?

I'd probably argue its McCrorie, Ferguson and McGeough although I think Campbell is going to develop into a star for us and won't be long before he has to start. Bryson has been anonymous, Ojo for all his nice touches doesn't influence games and seems to hide away from tackles. McGeough was starting to look really good. Would be really disappointed if he left.

We need to have a big squad to challenge the arse cheeks . Punt Bryson though , no loss

I wouldn't miss either Ojo or McGeouch. Ojo can be ok sometimes but too many performances like against the huns where he looked like he'd never seen a football before, positioning was all over the place and didn't show himself for the ball anywhere near enough. McGeouch I've never been enamoured by, spent too much of his career half fit and at 27 has only had one really decent season in the top league with hibs, rest has been average or lower level. Both can do one 

49 minutes ago, Betty Swallicks said:

Agreed.

Get him to fuck.

Abysmal player.

• Upvote 1

Campbell could do with a loan spell if he's not getting time here. He's a very capable player and he'd really benefit from playing first team football.

I've not been impressed by Ojo since he signed. He's maybe had a couple of decent games, but i'm just not seeing it.

McGeough has flashes of what he's capable of, very tidy with the ball, but then so is Campbell and he's more consistent. 

Bryson is like an old charger you keep in the drawer. You're not really sure if you need it, but you don't want to bin it incase you do find a need for it. 

1 minute ago, Ernie McCracken said:

In McInnes early years, one of McInnes best traits was quickly identifying when a signing hadn't and wasn't going to work out, rather than futily persevering with them in the hope they would come good. 

Zola and Wylde are 2 I can think of off the top of my head.  Can you imagine if McInnes had decided to stick with Zola instead of signing Rooney!!! 

I think he's still a bit ruthless like that. He quickly replaced both Forrester and that other one he signed that I can't remember! 

21 minutes ago, StandFree1982 said:

Ferguson > Campbell > McGeough > Ojo > Bryson is the order i'd pick the CM's (prior to McRorie). I'd get rid of both Bryson and Ojo.

Could Campbell benefit from a loan spell? 

I'd be looking to shift Bryson. I won't write Ojo off yet despite how bad he was against the huns. Mcgeough was a strange signing given number of midfielders and not seen enough of him to comment. 

51 minutes ago, King Street Loon said:

Aye, I'd not be bothered to see Ojo go.

Hasn't done anything to convince me that there's a player that's going to influence games. 

McGeough we know enough about from his time at Hibs and what he's capable of to make a difference in the Scottish game. 

Except how to spell his name....

There's a lot of competition for the midfield slots which could be a good thing but given our precarious finances you'd have to imagine that we'd be looking to thin out the numbers a bit. The fact we've brought in McCrorie suggests we are actively looking to do this and all depends on potential suitors but McGeough, Ojo, Bryson, Hedges, Wright most likely candidates. Ferguson will command a high asking price and we have had some enquiries that make us confident of recouping a decent wedge should a firm offer come in, although naturally i'd like to keep hold of him for a while longer. Campbell, Kennedy, Hayes, McGinn probably safe bets to stay.

5 minutes ago, Tord31 said:

it's crazy early to be writing off players we signed 6-12 months ago on long deals. 

We are probably going to need to loan out either McGeouch or Ojo for this season.

Punt Bryson to Killie permanent deal.

Loan Virtanen out to a full time championship side.

In McInnes early years, one of McInnes best traits was quickly identifying when a signing hadn't and wasn't going to work out, rather than futily persevering with them in the hope they would come good. 

Zola and Wylde are 2 I can think of off the top of my head.  Can you imagine if McInnes had decided to stick with Zola instead of signing Rooney!!!