Aberdeen 2 - 1 Livingston

I thought Wright did well on Thursday, but first half Today he struggled a bit mainly because the ball was going over his head a lot. Once he scored his quality goal his confidence levels totally raised and he had a couple of nice touches before being subbed, but as soon as he saw the board go up his head went down immediately, Considine certainly thought it was harsh taking him off, but it is typical Mcinnes game management pish bringing on a slightly more defensive player at 2-0

22 minutes ago, Sheepo said:

I thought Wright did well on Thursday, but first half Today he struggled a bit mainly because the ball was going over his head a lot. Once he scored his quality goal his confidence levels totally raised and he had a couple of nice touches before being subbed, but as soon as he saw the board go up his head went down immediately, Considine certainly thought it was harsh taking him off, but it is typical Mcinnes game management pish bringing on a slightly more defensive player at 2-0

Don’t agree.

There were plenty times he mis-controlled the ball when in a decent position.

Took his goal well though 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

Wright coming off isnt the issue.

The issue is that he was replaced by a defensive midfielder.  And  pushing Ferguson up field out of the midfield two. 

At 2-0 up with the opposition hanging on with half an hour still to go. 

Thereby letting them back into the game with plenty of time left. 

He got away with it though. This time. 

• Upvote 5
1 hour ago, CalgaryDon said:

Both Mckenna and Anderson have both been out the past 2 weeks with the illness. 

And would not have been allowed anywhere near the rest of the squad until they tested negative

He's probably had a dose of the shits at HT. Can happen to anyone at any time

7 minutes ago, CalgaryDon said:

I clearly misinterpreted what was said.

I was listening to the BBC and heard he had gone off with illness at halftime which was followed up immediately with he had been out the past two weeks as he was self-isolating. I wrongly assumed it may have been related symptoms.

So you're admitting you're full of shit? About time.

• Downvote 1
1 hour ago, Ten Caat said:

And would not have been allowed anywhere near the rest of the squad until they tested negative

He's probably had a dose of the shits at HT. Can happen to anyone at any time

48 minutes ago, starryfish said:

McKenna was sick at half time 

I was listening to the BBC and heard he had gone off with illness at halftime which was followed up immediately with he had been out the past two weeks as he was self-isolating. I wrongly assumed it may have been related symptoms.

23 minutes ago, CalgaryDon said:

You clearly sensationlised a crock of shit, get over it.

• Downvote 1
1 hour ago, CalgaryDon said:

Aye, well you should have got your facts straight.

Bloody Canadians

My main problem with McInnes negativity is that it has a negative effect on the players' mentality.

Every time we go ahead and he takes off attacking playeers for more defensive players, he's telling them, "I don't totally trust you. We've probably been a bit lucky to score here, and now we should quit while we're ahead. End of the game can't come soon enough."

Whereas if he urged them forward, and we racked up a 5-0 win, it could give the whole club a boost for weeks to come.

I feel he underestimates the value of positive psychology. It's frustrating.

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 1

Good win I didn't expect 6/6 points this week considering our lack of competitive games and missing players.

We actually have a pretty strong squad although I expect a couple players to leave before the end of the the window with McKenna likely being one of them.

Fuck knows what our strongest 11 is now. We certainly have plenty of options when  everyone is available though it could be quite some time before we get to that point with the upcoming suspensions.

• Upvote 1

The boy that clattered Logan should've been off,  pathetic refereeing but not surprising against us.  Refs must hate us.  I said as soon as Wright got replaced by McGeouch we'd concede and end up hanging on,  so predictable from McInnes.  Ojo played well after coming on,  night and day compared to his atrocious display against St. Johnstone.  

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1
6 hours ago, Tord31 said:

Pleased with another win.

Pleased that we saw some better football

It's clear the players want to play a better style football.

That's Considine and Ferguson both saying as much yesterday that they dislike the negativity enforced on the team by the manager.

He really is such a boring fuck.

If he could let the players express themselves and play with more freedom in a more positive style, that squad would be capable of doing something this season.

As it is though, we all know he won't, so they won't.

Unless he can be budged from his outlook, but he does seem entrenched in it.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1
11 hours ago, Millertime said:

Be quiet

It wasnt the game going over his head, he had plenty of opportunities on the ball 

He did have a few poor pieces of control in the first half, however, you can't argue he was trying to make things happen creatively the few chances he did get. His goal was sublime and precisely what he's capable of, he's much better down the middle being involved, kind of like what Peter Pawlett was for us but I think Wright is a more gifted player. 

11 hours ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Wright coming off isnt the issue.

The issue is that he was replaced by a defensive midfielder.  And  pushing Ferguson up field out of the midfield two. 

At 2-0 up with the opposition hanging on with half an hour still to go. 

Thereby letting them back into the game with plenty of time left. 

He got away with it though. This time. 

Yeah. 

McLennan did alright down the middle on Thursday, don't know why he wasn't given another go there yesterday. 

3 hours ago, muttonhumper said:

It's clear the players want to play a better style football.

That's Considine and Ferguson both saying as much yesterday that they dislike the negativity enforced on the team by the manager.

He really is such a boring fuck.

If he could let the players express themselves and play with more freedom in a more positive style, that squad would be capable of doing something this season.

As it is though, we all know he won't, so they won't.

Unless he can be budged from his outlook, but he does seem entrenched in it.

There was a big thing made of entertainment, attack-minded football etc on the club website about 4-6 weeks ago.

I’d like to think if performances after the international break don’t reflect that, then a gentle reminder might be given by Dave Cormack in the direction of McInnes.

The first 15-20 minutes of the 2nd half yesterday gave us a glimpse of what we could be like if the players were allowed to.

McInnes then couldn’t help himself & reverted to type by making a negative substitution. 
Fair enough do that with 10 minutes to go, but not 30 like yesterday. 

Livi were there for a 3 or 4 nil hiding the way it was going, we then hand them the initiative & end up not exactly hanging on, but looking for the full time whistle 

Sadly, he’ll never change. 

• Upvote 1