Aberdeen 6 - 0 Runavik

7 minutes ago, CalgaryDon said:

I can't understand the abuse he's received. He barely played. He was our star man against Hibs before the season finished. He looked good against Livi and yet again looked quality today.

Same applies to Hedges. I've been calling for him to play since he was dropped last season. He's our best winger.

Ojo is next up to prove his quality. I'll admit he was utterly brutal in the first two games of the season. 

We've got a good team.

To be fair Hedges was rotten last season & didn’t deserve to play.

He seems to have a better attitude this season, so hopefully he keeps it up.

He’ll get his chance as Hayes & Kennedy will be out for a while now. 

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

Possibly.

My only comment about that is any time Scott Wright comes up against a decent team, he’s ineffective & usually subbed off.

Maybe he’s a “flat track bully”?

I also think he’s better in the “10” position as opposed to out wide, but I think Ferguson might play there on Sunday. 

I've always thought playing the number 10 position was Wrights best role. Whenever he plays wide he's less effective 

3 minutes ago, Durrant Dived said:

Hedges creating/scoring through the middle would like to see him have a shot in #10 role

With Hayes and Kennedy out I'd keep him on the wing. He's doing it on the wing why change that.

In Wright we may have found that attacking mid/#10 role we've been desperate for since Christie left. Again he's involved in the goals.

Wright and hedges seem to play off each other really well.

• Upvote 1
8 hours ago, afc1903mad said:

just a wee bit of perspective.

We were not the highest seed this round, yet we achieved the best result of the round

Bit more perspective. In the last 7 seasons we've progressed through every round we've been seeded (8/8) - no slip ups.

We're 2/8 for rounds where we're unseeded though.

• Upvote 1

Ach they were a poor side but we did what was required.  Poor as they were none of us fancied us to score 6 before the game. 

Good for Hayes to get his first goal since coming back, what a beauty it was too.  Hedges must get a confidence booster from his treble.  Main back and got his goal, Watkins got another game under his belt so plenty of pluses regardless of the opposition. 

• Like 1
19 minutes ago, Ramandu said:

Bit more perspective. In the last 7 seasons we've progressed through every round we've been seeded (8/8) - no slip ups.

We're 2/8 for rounds where we're unseeded though.

This season is probably our best opportunity to get through. Hopefully another favourable draw in the next round.

Is there any opportunity of us being seeded for Q3?

1 hour ago, Lencarl said:

After the great performance yesterday McInnes said to Sky:

"We know we are not going to win the tournament but getting to the group stage would feel like a win all round."

I do wish he would stop with these comments.

Better to say nothing at all.

Is there anything really wrong with his comments? I saw folk on twitter saying Ferguson wouldn't have said this but that's because the format was different and we actually thought we could compete.

To get to the group stages would be a brilliant achievement. Financially it would cover a massive hole I imagine.

• Upvote 1
1 minute ago, RUL said:

This season is probably our best opportunity to get through. Hopefully another favourable draw in the next round.

Is there any opportunity of us being seeded for Q3?

Nope. The Q2 draw's on Monday and the Q3 draw's on Tuesday, so it's the same teams in the hat for both rounds.

9 hours ago, afc1903mad said:

just a wee bit of perspective.

We were not the highest seed this round, yet we achieved the best result of the round

No we didn't. We were playing part time footballers at home. Coleraine knocking out Maribor in Slovenia.....a part time team knocking out a full time side away from home.....is a far bigger achievement.

That said it was good to see us keep on attacking after we went 2-0 up. 

• Upvote 2
2 minutes ago, Ten Caat said:

No we didn't. We were playing part time footballers at home. Coleraine knocking out Maribor in Slovenia.....a part time team knocking out a full time side away from home.....is a far bigger achievement.

That said it was good to see us keep on attacking after we went 2-0 up. 

Aye hopefully he'll let them off the leash a wee bit more often if we go a couple of goals up again.  Being less cagey at home to the likes of St Mirren and Hamilton at least. 

We were unlucky to face Kairat when they were unknowns but yes we should have beat them.

One tie we don't get enough credit for beating is Skjendija. They have been very decent the last 5 years.

I think we can be quietly confident of doing something in the europa this year. I think half our problem with the second leg of Qr3 the last few years has been the mental and physical fatigue of it being a sixth thursday in a row of these games.

If we get another gimmee in round 2 then i'd be hopeful we could be ready to spring a surprise in round 3. Then you just never know.

Let's see what the draws bring on Monday and Tuesday.

Monday list is as follows

POTENTIAL OPPONENTS QR2

FK Kukësi * Alb 5.500
Servette FC Genève * Sui 5.280
Aris Thessaloniki Gre 5.260
OFI Heraklion Gre 5.260
FK Ventspils * Lat 5.250
Olimpija Ljubljana * Slo 5.250
Lincoln Red Imps *p Gib 5.250
TSC Backa Topola * Srb 5.100
Kalju Nomme * Est 5.000
NK Osijek Cro 4.975
IFK Göteborg Swe 4.550
Hammarby IF * Swe 4.550
Bodø/Glimt * Nor 4.350
Viking Stavanger Nor 4.350
Progrès Niederkorn * Lux 4.250
FK Riteriai * Lit 4.250
CSKA Sofia * Bul 4.000
Honvéd Budapest * Hun 4.000
Maccabi Haifa * Isr 3.925
Kaysar Kyzylorda Kaz 3.850
Neftchi Baku * Azb 3.750
Shamrock Rovers * Irl 3.750
B36 Torshavn *p Far 3.750
Lokomotiv Plovdiv Bul 3.475
FC Botosani * Rom 3.340
Piast Gliwice * Pol 3.325
Hibernians FC * Mlt 3.250
DAC Dunajska Streda * Svk 3.175
KF Laçi * Alb 2.750
Teuta Durrës * Alb 1.475
Renova Dzepciste * Mac 1.475
FK Borac Banja Luka * Bos 1.375
Sfântul Gheorghe * Mol 1.350
Coleraine *p Nir 1.250
Bala Town * Wal 1.250
Lokomotivi Tbilisi * Geo 1.150
2 hours ago, Lencarl said:

After the great performance yesterday McInnes said to Sky:

"We know we are not going to win the tournament but getting to the group stage would feel like a win all round."

I do wish he would stop with these comments.

Better to say nothing at all.

He gets asked questions by the media, nothing wrong with that reply.

Unless you think he should be saying we are going to win the Europa league? Why stop there, might as well say we are going to win the treble.