Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
OddJob

Amazon Flex job

Recommended Posts

Still not having much luck getting a job after being made redundant last  month so in the meantime looking into earning a few quid delivering parcels with my own car but its looking tricky trying to get insurance to cover for doing this. Is it business insurance I would need or commercial insurance? Any places worth checking out for a quote?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sorry to hear that. 
 

I wouldn’t even bother nae chance you will get done. And if you do just lie and say you didn’t know. Nobody will be chasing you just now.

Hope you get something.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Fridge said:

Sorry to hear that. 
 

I wouldn’t even bother nae chance you will get done. And if you do just lie and say you didn’t know. Nobody will be chasing you just now.

Hope you get something.

 

 

Fucked if somebody tans all the parcel's though

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Fridge adding the legalities of the Road Traffic Act to his field of expertise now.

Fridge is it ok to have a few cans and  then get behind the wheel during a lockdown?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I looked into it but it looks like a lot of fucking about for not that much money. If you're serious it'd be worth registering as self employed, getting quotes for insurance(cheapest option adding to your existing cover most likely) then approaching DPD, Yodel etc and offering to work as a subcontractor. They do use them but prefer to recruit people on those exclusive contracts so they can stitch them up for insurance, van rental etc. 

Takeaway deliveries are much easier, less hassle and better money but worse hours. Just eat and the likes have fucked that up though. A day phoning round takeaways and the various restaurants and pubs that have started doing deliveries might give you an idea if that's viable. Insurance is cheaper as you aren't carrying anything of great value. 

More chance of getting your hole doing takeaways too. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Only an offence if you get caught Hanzo.

Same as paying for parking. Happily not pay £2 for parking for 10 seconds nipping into a shop and take the £40 quid fine every 10 years if the wardens catch you  (which you just deny and get off with)
 

Dangerous parking can fuck off. Nipping into the school to pick up the kids parking  in a perfectly safe place which happens to need a tarriff can gtf.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Sooper-hanz said:

Fridge adding the legalities of the Road Traffic Act to his field of expertise now.

Fridge is it ok to have a few cans and  then get behind the wheel during a lockdown?

A real pillar of the hat imo. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Fridge said:

Only an offence if you get caught Hanzo.

Same as paying for parking. Happily not pay £2 for parking for 10 seconds nipping into a shop and take the £40 quid fine every 10 years if the wardens catch you  (which you just deny and get off with)
 

Dangerous parking can fuck off. Nipping into the school to pick up the kids parking  in a perfectly safe place which happens to need a tarriff can gtf.

If remotely near a business just say you were delivering goods for sale. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...