Marley Watkins

One minute  the squad looks decent but the more you peel it back its not that great

Easy decisions to be made

Out by May 2021  if not sooner

Devlin let's face it he will never play again for us again 

Shay has been a great servant but his calling as a plumber beckons

Can but pray that the inept and hopeless Main is punted

Edmondson back to  Leeds  asap 

Get Marley back as soon as possible what ever it takes

Big Sam there is a lot of noise about him moving on but will it happen are illustrious  manager certainty  is not putting him the shop window every much.

Seems are manager is trying to save face with Main talking him up  and mentioning contract extentions etc.

Let's face Main is just another  of DMs failed signings  but he to stubborn to admit it

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, ABERDEENROWIE1903 said:

One minute  the squad looks decent but the more you peel it back its not that great

Easy decisions to be made

Out by May 2021  if not sooner

Devlin let's face it he will never play again for us again 

Shay has been a great servant but his calling as a plumber beckons

Can but pray that the inept and hopeless Main is punted

Edmondson back to  Leeds  asap 

Get Marley back as soon as possible what ever it takes

Big Sam there is a lot of noise about him moving on but will it happen are illustrious  manager certainty  is not putting him the shop window every much.

Seems are manager is trying to save face with Main talking him up  and mentioning contract extentions etc.

Let's face Main is just another  of DMs failed signings  but he to stubborn to admit it

Aberdeens problem was always strikers then we got Rooney and after that Cosgrove. But the problem is that in finding Cosgrove, McInnes seems to have thought to himself that's the goalscorer sorted, now I can go and sign a different type of striker (i.e. One that does something other than score). 

But when cosgrove gets injured or his form dips, just exactly what the fuck do we do.   Other clubs don't shy away from having more than one striker who can score, so why the fuck do we? 

31 minutes ago, Ernie McCracken said:

Aberdeens problem was always strikers then we got Rooney and after that Cosgrove. But the problem is that in finding Cosgrove, McInnes seems to have thought to himself that's the goalscorer sorted, now I can go and sign a different type of striker (i.e. One that does something other than score). 

But when cosgrove gets injured or his form dips, just exactly what the fuck do we do.   Other clubs don't shy away from having more than one striker who can score, so why the fuck do we? 

It's a bit like the chicken and egg syndrome. Sure we could carry another couple of pure goalscorers in the Cosgrove and Rooney mould (by that I mean pure finishers....contribute very little or nothing else to the cause).

But....firstly our budget was limited at the best of times

Secondly...these definitely aren't the best of times

Thirdly....you can have an infinite number of pure goalscorers. But they are totally pointless unless the rest of the team are setting them up with chances to finish.

So....where do you spread your resources? What is more important.....players who can supply the chances or players who can finish them off? 

EDIT.....and obviously don't forget at the opposite end of the park you need a selection of players who can be relied upon to to stop the opposition from having their finisher do to us what we want ours to do to them.

For years the club has paid  transfer fees and wages for inept so called forwards

Their now seems s to be a whole breed of footballer, these players  who are neither an all out striker or a contributer  to the team 

They just seem to run about like headless chickens  or hold th ball up afraid to shoot or take on or defenders. I am not sure what there role is and any potential  skill and attributes  are coached  out of them from a young age

Where are the likes of Joe Harpers, Duncan Shearer, Hans Gillhaues  sheer strikes when you need them.

I am glad I actually had an opportunity  to see these guys on the field of play and in a red shirt.

Cannot say any of are current so called strikers can or could lace their boots

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
19 hours ago, Ten Caat said:

It's a bit like the chicken and egg syndrome. Sure we could carry another couple of pure goalscorers in the Cosgrove and Rooney mould (by that I mean pure finishers....contribute very little or nothing else to the cause).

But....firstly our budget was limited at the best of times

Secondly...these definitely aren't the best of times

Thirdly....you can have an infinite number of pure goalscorers. But they are totally pointless unless the rest of the team are setting them up with chances to finish.

So....where do you spread your resources? What is more important.....players who can supply the chances or players who can finish them off? 

EDIT.....and obviously don't forget at the opposite end of the park you need a selection of players who can be relied upon to to stop the opposition from having their finisher do to us what we want ours to do to them.

You make it sound like it’s a tough job

Millertime is right. There aren't many teams in the spl who have more than one decent striker. 

It's more the type of striker we have that's the issue for me. We had Cosgrove and a lesser version of Cosgrove in Main and he felt that we needed to bring in someone like Edmondson who is a lesser version again. 

We need more forward players with pace and energy rather than these immobile guys cluttering up the squad. We're really slow from middle to front just now which just makes us predictable and easy to defend against. 

Hedges being the exception. 

It's really strange hearing folk saying that creative attacking players aren't a priority. That's exactly the priority as that's where the team is falling down. 

5 hours ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Millertime is right. There aren't many teams in the spl who have more than one decent striker. 

It's more the type of striker we have that's the issue for me. We had Cosgrove and a lesser version of Cosgrove in Main and he felt that we needed to bring in someone like Edmondson who is a lesser version again. 

We need more forward players with pace and energy rather than these immobile guys cluttering up the squad. We're really slow from middle to front just now which just makes us predictable and easy to defend against. 

Hedges being the exception. 

It's really strange hearing folk saying that creative attacking players aren't a priority. That's exactly the priority as that's where the team is falling down. 

If Hedges had slipped the ball through to Edmundson on the right rather than Cosgrove on the left, I would have fancied Edmundson to have scored which would have put us 3-1 up.

‘There’s definitely potential in Edmundson, we’ve not seen the best of him yet as he comes back from being out injured

4 minutes ago, afc1903mad said:

If Hedges had slipped the ball through to Edmundson on the right rather than Cosgrove on the left, I would have fancied Edmundson to have scored which would have put us 3-1 up.

‘There’s definitely potential in Edmundson, we’ve not seen the best of him yet as he comes back from being out injured

You’d have fancied Edmondson to score.

I’d have fancied him to either fall over or kick the ball too far ahead of him.

He’s rotten - 2nd touch is usually a tackle to try & retrieve the ball he’s mis-controlled.

To put it into perspective, he’s worse than Main. 

• Upvote 2
8 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

You’d have fancied Edmondson to score.

I’d have fancied him to either fall over or kick the ball too far ahead of him.

He’s rotten - 2nd touch is usually a tackle to try & retrieve the ball he’s mis-controlled.

To put it into perspective, he’s worse than Main. 

Today you tried to mock me for slating the ref and then eventually came round to my way of thinking.

‘I think he is potentially better than Main

8 hours ago, Millertime said:

Paaaaahahaha 

Thats a cracker

Aye but if if if

He would have been sent clean through and it had a similarity to the Hamilton game where he ran through and finished.

‘Hedges took the wrong option though. Ross McCrorie passionately expressed his disappointment (or you could say lamented ?) at the time.

‘oh and to save you the bother “FART”

2 minutes ago, rocket_scientist said:

This "ruining" of threads is a fallacy. As a bickerer myself, I can attest to getting PM's in appreciation of bickering, a "vipers nest" as an award-winning poster calls this place.

I love using "award-winning" as I've recently adopted. It's a shallow way to add veritas to an argument but it's still true nevertheless.

Those who complain about the "bickerwing" (TM Rik Mayall) are weak. They should quit their fucking moaning and shoot themselves (or stab, whatever their preference). Nobody forces them to read it. It's not like there's anything richly informative or entertaining that is getting missed or drowned out, half the cunts on here being total fuck-ups. 

Exactly why the footy mad stand free site has went to pot.

All the decent posters driven away and left with just the negativity and bickering posters

3 minutes ago, rocket_scientist said:

You're misrepresenting what I posted. As per. This is because you aren't a football man, a mere boy who doesn't understand and thinks more of himself than anyone else thinks of him, indisputably after calling yourself a dickhead and admitting to being "a bit of a wanker".

Given the monstrosity of that purple jumper, you can never slag anyone and be ageist ever again, although wise men know the value of experience and only children like you would be so stupid. That jumper was so bad, I'll never be old enough to be seen dead in it.

Remember when you challenged me at golf, a sport you're really shit at? That's how so far your own arse you are Pierre. Did your time in France shape your love of shit musicals? How come you NEVER reveal any music preferences? And no art on your walls? And choosing to drive a Lexus? You're one boring drizzling blank-firing homosexual.

Good chest control seems to be a skill you don't see so much these days but it's essential in a good target man. 

Anyone half decent at it can use it to make a pass to pretty good effect.  Dykes and Nisbet both use it well. 

When we were kids we were drilled in it just like any other technique, passing, tackling, shooting etc. 

I think it will make a comeback though since they seem determined to outlaw heading. 

Mane's chest control for the goal was off the charts but you can see by how much he uses it in general play that it was drilled into him as a youngster