Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
CalgaryDon

Marley Watkins

Recommended Posts

Pahahaha that interview 

Can't work out if I love him or hate him

"What do you remember about winning the scottish Cup?"

Answer- "winning the cup"

Bizarrely though he remembered scott browns name when recalling scoring against us years ago

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, ericblack4boss said:

Apperently thick as shit Yogi Hughes liked him. 

Hardly a wonder both seem to be of similar intelligence 

Watkins has only scored shree goals in shree seasons. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He looks like a physical type. Tall and apparently lightening fast. Could be our Simon Church 2.0.

He's available on a free at the end of the season so if he is any good he might be a permanent feature for us. 

I'm looking forward to seeing him play tomorrow and hope he can put in a good performance.

Edited by CalgaryDon

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bristol City fan here who also watches lots of the SPFL on the box. I think Marley will be a good signing. He is quick, can play anywhere across the forward line, decent in the air, physical and plays for the jersey. He has been unlucky at City that he has been competing with 5m + strikers like Nakhi Wells, Bobby Reid and Famara Diedhou over past 3 years. Given that most defences in the SPFL will be below Championship standard I think he can be a decent performer. Hope so as I've always had a soft spot for AFC.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ericblack4boss said:

Apperently thick as shit Yogi Hughes liked him. 

Hardly a wonder both seem to be of similar intelligence 

According to Wikipedia his Grandfather was an accomplished poet who knocked about with Dylan Thomas.

 

His name does sound like a Rastafarian paedo though. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Millertime said:

Simon Church wasn't tall OR fast?

No, but he did sign for us on loan.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Grays Babylon 1875 said:

According to Wikipedia his Grandfather was an accomplished poet who knocked about with Dylan Thomas.

 

His name does sound like a Rastafarian paedo though. 

Fucking hell - Vernon Watkins was his grandad?
In the context of that braindead interview, that is freakin bizarre news.
Mibbe he just affects verbal retardation out of modesty. lol.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, CalgaryDon said:

He looks like a physical type. Tall and apparently lightening fast. Could be our Simon Church 2.0.

He's available on a free at the end of the season so if he is any good he might be a permanent feature for us. 

I'm looking forward to seeing him play tomorrow and hope he can put in a good performance.

Simon Church wasn't tall OR fast?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SGlosReds said:

Bristol City fan here who also watches lots of the SPFL on the box. I think Marley will be a good signing. He is quick, can play anywhere across the forward line, decent in the air, physical and plays for the jersey. He has been unlucky at City that he has been competing with 5m + strikers like Nakhi Wells, Bobby Reid and Famara Diedhou over past 3 years. Given that most defences in the SPFL will be below Championship standard I think he can be a decent performer. Hope so as I've always had a soft spot for AFC.

Ive a  Bristol City supporter pal described Watkins as an enigma

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Millertime said:

Simon Church wasn't tall OR fast?

My post wasn't intending to imply Simon Church was Tall or fast.

Rather highlighting Simon Church was on loan during our last striker injury crisis. He's also welsh and comes from the English Championship. I'm hoping he can replicate Church's goalscoring form while on loan to Aberdeen.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, ericblack4boss said:

Ive a  Bristol City supporter pal described Watkins as an enigma

I suspect come January we will be describing him as an enema

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Ten Caat said:

I suspect come January we will be describing him as an enema

Ducked it. 

 

Edited by G31DON

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Ten Caat said:

I suspect come January we will be describing him as an enema

Lucky he’s here only short term then!, we’ll be able to flush him out our squad 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

anither journeymin tae add tae the list.. hows mcinesss scouts so shyte.. ez contacts must b shyte but e keeps buyin fae doon there n its blind luck if thir ony gade..pityfil

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Arabian Knight said:

anither journeymin tae add tae the list.. hows mcinesss scouts so shyte.. ez contacts must b shyte but e keeps buyin fae doon there n its blind luck if thir ony gade..pityfil

Kieran Freeman-Southampton u21

Troy brown-Exeter 

Rakish Bingham-Doncaster 

Ryan Edwards-Blackpool 

your most recent signings and there aw fae down there!,and journeyman.

must have the same scouts

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, SGlosReds said:

Bristol City fan here who also watches lots of the SPFL on the box. I think Marley will be a good signing. He is quick, can play anywhere across the forward line, decent in the air, physical and plays for the jersey. He has been unlucky at City that he has been competing with 5m + strikers like Nakhi Wells, Bobby Reid and Famara Diedhou over past 3 years. Given that most defences in the SPFL will be below Championship standard I think he can be a decent performer. Hope so as I've always had a soft spot for AFC.

And Wes Burns?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, CalgaryDon said:

Just watched his introductory interview.

He has some of the strangest mannerisms (constantly licking his lips) and he actually does sound a bit like Frank Spencer. Loves to start a sentence with yeah.

It was as if someone slipped him a couple of ludes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, SGlosReds said:

Bristol City fan here who also watches lots of the SPFL on the box. I think Marley will be a good signing. He is quick, can play anywhere across the forward line, decent in the air, physical and plays for the jersey. He has been unlucky at City that he has been competing with 5m + strikers like Nakhi Wells, Bobby Reid and Famara Diedhou over past 3 years. Given that most defences in the SPFL will be below Championship standard I think he can be a decent performer. Hope so as I've always had a soft spot for AFC.

If you read comments from various Norwich fans on Twitter, to put it mildly, they’re not so diplomatic & complimentary. 
I suppose zero goals on 24 games would have that effect?

I do wish the lad well.

i just don’t think he’s what we need at all.

We need an out & out centre forward. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, ericblack4boss said:

Ive a  Bristol City supporter pal described Watkins as an enigma

Yes he splits opinion, but all agree he gives 100% for the jersey.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Just Dandy said:

Fucking hell - Vernon Watkins was his grandad?
In the context of that braindead interview, that is freakin bizarre news.
Mibbe he just affects verbal retardation out of modesty. lol.png

If you watch interviews with most rap artists they come across as total mong boys, but if you sit them in a room with a blunt, a pen and paper, and later on a microphone then magic happens....  the artistry flows..

Hopefully for you lot old "Bob" turns out to be more Slim Shady than Vanilla Ice. 

 

 

Bounce Bounce come on bounce. 💃🏿

Edited by Grays Babylon 1875

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, perthshirered said:

And Wes Burns?

I liked Wes Burns, quick and a goal threat. Just lacking the quality to make it at Championship level. Having a decent career in the lower leagues.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

If you read comments from various Norwich fans on Twitter, to put it mildly, they’re not so diplomatic & complimentary. 
I suppose zero goals on 24 games would have that effect?

I do wish the lad well.

i just don’t think he’s what we need at all.

We need an out & out centre forward. 

Yes Norwich fans hated him, we heard all that when we signed him. However, Barnsley fans loved him. Sometimes players click at a certain club. I just have a feeling Marley will do really well for you, I hope so anyway. Winning goal at Ibrox anyone??

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Tall strikers? Never liked. Until YouTube video was put up thought his name implied he was a black guy.

 

Good luck though 👍

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Don't like McInnes' strategy of going back in for players who've turned us down... hasn't worked out well in the past.  Hopefully this time is different.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Scotty_Toronto said:

It was as if someone slipped him a couple of ludes.

Was bizarre that interview... I can't work out if he isn't arsed about playing for Aberdeen, or just couldn't be arsed with the interview... or just very tired!  Did not seem happy!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...