Aberdeen Eight

12 minutes ago, Millertime said:

You're one of the worst 

"Ooooh they will make an example out of us, they all against us, waaaaaah"

Be quiet, this isn't audience participation, im telling it like it is then moving onto the next shite posted by your idiotic ilk

Ok I tried being polite. 

Now I’ll say what I really think.

Fuck off you horrible, obnoxious & semi-literate cunt. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 14
  • Downvote 2

13 minutes ago, Millertime said:

You're one of the worst 

"Ooooh they will make an example out of us, they all against us, waaaaaah"

Be quiet, this isn't audience participation, im telling it like it is then moving onto the next shite posted by your idiotic ilk

What the fuck are you an about this time MT? 

Do you not think there is a west coast bias?

Tbf they couldn’t really hammer them that hard as there was no rules about not going out, just that they exceeded the ‘household numbers’ congregating together when out. They fkd up indeed but not to the extreme of the celtic twat. He was clearly going to get hammered.

still.  Very pleasantly surprised all things considered, just hope a couple of them can have a very positive contribution to beating hibs on Sunday now. 

5 hours ago, Just Dandy said:

This is a good result for us - but tbh a stupid decision from the SFA.

Sad fact is, a significant number of pro footballers are twats. And at least some of those twats will interpret suspended bans as meaning, "It's OK to break the lockdown rules once, as long as you don't do it twice in six months."

I'd say the chances of this season being suspended for COVID reasons just rose about 300%.

My feeling is that those footballers who went out and got away with it are thanking their lucky stars and are grateful that they weren't crucified in the press like our players were.

2 hours ago, Scotty_Toronto said:

My feeling is that those footballers who went out and got away with it are thanking their lucky stars and are grateful that they weren't crucified in the press like our players were.

Yeah I'm not sure any player is thinking about heading out anytime soon. 

Nothing to do with Aberdeen Eight but:

SFA and SPFL confirm three supporter test events could be held on weekend of September 12.

Celtic and The Rangers will be two of them but no mention of the 3rd.

Aberdeen play Kilmarnock at home that day.

Would be good if 1000 Don fans get a seat at Pittodrie.

14 hours ago, Just Dandy said:

This is a good result for us - but tbh a stupid decision from the SFA.

Sad fact is, a significant number of pro footballers are twats. And at least some of those twats will interpret suspended bans as meaning, "It's OK to break the lockdown rules once, as long as you don't do it twice in six months."

I'd say the chances of this season being suspended for COVID reasons just rose about 300%.

I'm not so sure.

The two players catching the virus were extremely unlucky with regards to Aberdeen being a Covid cluster hotspot, with no-one knowing at the time.

Had they tested negative, the club would have been unlikely to know and the rest of the footballing society wouldn't have had the Managers & Captains meeting, which would have spelled out in no uncertain terms what would have happened if there were further breaches.

The silver lining to this dark cloud (which is thankfully passing by now) is that everyone who was being complacent has just had a massive reinjection of cautiousness.

So I think this may have helped the top flight reinforce the requirements.

The punishment was retrospective, with regards to the breaches by the Aberdeen player not directly related to football activities. There was no precedent set and neither do I think this sets the precedent going forward.

The punishment I think was fair and the suspended sentence means that we can get back to playing football woth the whole top flight knowing that there can be no further breaches else they risk total shutdown. If that happens, any punishment would have to come into effect once football restarted and the book should be thrown to the culprits

The concern for me would be more for the lower leagues, who seem to be relaxing the testing requirements and are a flux of players who intermingle in areas outside sport in their normal day jobs, therefore are not as much a protected bubble as the top flight teams.

I'd be more inclined to think we will see an outbreak in lower league teams, shutting down their leagues and protecting the top flight

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, Lencarl said:

SFA and SPFL confirm three supporter test events could be held on weekend of September 12.

I’d read it was St Mirren at home to someone 

1 hour ago, Lencarl said:

I'm not long in from a ridiculously packed out Lidl. They had to close the fucking doors for 20 minutes to stop more folk entering. 5 minutes to get a few basic groceries and 25 minutes in a queue for the tills that stretched the entire length of the store. Social distancing? I was close enough to get a couple of women pregnant.

5000 fans in any SPL stadium, not just Pittodrie would have been far more socially distanced. 

2 hours ago, Lencarl said:

Id like the BOC to all get tickets then not turn up 

• Upvote 1