Aberdeen Eight

35 minutes ago, thurso said:

Altho I don’t think they should be banned I think they will get a 4 game ban. I’m still not sure what sfa rules they actually broke tho, the out for dinner with max of 3 households was government guidelines not law and nothing to do with the sfa.

Actully I’d give them a one game ban for playing so shit against the rangers and loosing and then going out in public for dinner 

The corrupt arseholes will say it falls under the wishy washy “bringing the game into disrepute” offence.

17 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

The corrupt arseholes will say it falls under the wishy washy “bringing the game into disrepute” offence.

Probably but it’s like saying that sliding tackle you did was good at the time but we’ve changed the rules since so it’s now a red card and we are going to ban you 

I know this is just the hearing for the players and the club will be having a separate charge for breach of the SFA Covid rules but it will be interesting to see how the punishment compares with that of Hearts when taking the SPFL to court.

They were fined the paltry sum of £2500 for dragging their dispute through the courts, a flagrant breach of rules done knowingly and still disputing the outcome of the judgment - if that’s not bringing the game into disrepute I don’t know what is.

Unfortunately we all know today is less about the extent that our players broke any COVID regulations and all about the football authorities being seen to take action in the eyes of the Scottish Government to demonstrate its house is in order.

The Hateful Eight will be fall guys - and we will just suck it up...I do think we should take the Hearts approach though and tell them to fucking poke it.

11 minutes ago, Dons21 said:

When do we expect an announcement on this? 

If you look on the sfa website and scroll down a good bit you will se a section for suspensions and disciplinary outcomes. I imagine it will show up there first. I last checked it 20 minutes ago but just says about the charges faced by our 8 and Bolingoli

21 minutes ago, CalgaryDon said:

Considering both Hearts and Partick sued the league, caused disrepute and the SFA only fined both clubs £2,500 each I think they may be more lenient then we think.

This potential ban could derail our season which I don't think the SFA wants to do.

Would love to think that’s the SFA thought process & hope your right on the leniency. Personally don’t think they will give two hoots about derailing our season as we are not one of the cheeks. 

56 minutes ago, CalgaryDon said:

Considering both Hearts and Partick sued the league, caused disrepute and the SFA only fined both clubs £2,500 each I think they may be more lenient then we think.

This potential ban could derail our season which I don't think the SFA wants to do.

The SFA don’t give a toss about Aberdeen.

Vested interests all over the place in the SFA & SPFL.

Of course it’s in their interests to 

1) appear to be coming down hard on us in the eyes of the Government 

2) To fuck over our season.

As I said earlier, we are an easy target & the SFA/SPFL would shite a brick having to sanction either of the Tims or the scum.

22 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

The SFA don’t give a toss about Aberdeen.

Vested interests all over the place in the SFA & SPFL.

Of course it’s in their interests to 

1) appear to coming down hard on us in the eyes of the Government 

2) To fuck over our season.

As I said earlier, we are an easy target & the SFA/SPFL would shite a brick having to sanction either of the Tims or the scum.

But a perfect get out by being able to hammer Bolingoli hard. Even though the boy will never play for Celtic again anyway. It’s a win-win for the SFA. 

• Like 1
1 minute ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

In typicalily bureaucratic SPFL fashion, apparently all 8 cases have to be heard & dealt with individually even though all 8 cases are identical. 

That’s why Scottish football is in the state it is run by a bunch of central belt Plonkers with aprons round their waist and one trouser leg rolled up singing how olds yer grannie.    

• Upvote 1
10 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

In typicalily bureaucratic SPFL fashion, apparently all 8 cases have to be heard & dealt with individually even though all 8 cases are identical. 

Not identical.

The one that booked it gets an extra game ban. The oldest one also gets an extra game ban as he should have known better.