Scotland vs Israel & Czechs

8 minutes ago, Chewie37 said:

Easy solution, pretend Clarke has tested positive for Covid, place him in isolation then have Gemmill or some other similar patsy take the reins, then its their fault if we lose and a great piece of "Team Scotland" pulling together for Clarke in terrible circumstances if we win........

And a full cap for 3 or 4 young Dons players into the bargain. 

• Upvote 1
18 hours ago, strachanmcgheegoal said:

And the person who’s position the goal came through doesn’t even get a mention...

Exactly.

How is McGregor getting easily brushed away, Jack failing to put a foot in, and McTominay standing like a pylon on McKenna who had his hand on the the shoulder of the man he was marking (or is he supposed to go with the runner too because his teammates switched off at the throw in?)

6 hours ago, Proud Dandy said:

Think it is worth trying Tierney at right back for a few games. He’s got to be better than the shite we have to choose from, and means only one player out of position rather than playing half the team out of position McInnes style.

This seems obvious to me and I think that Clarke (to my mind) would have done that if not for fear of giving away 'information' of how he'll set up for the play-off.

We missed KT barrelling down the right and we missed Robertson barrelling down the left.

And we certainly don't need 2 players (Jack and McGregor) playing so deep.

That just forces McKenna even further back.

Definitely a back 4 for the play-off.  

20 hours ago, Ten Caat said:

There was a suggestion made yesterday on Radio Shortbread that the Czechs should ask one of their club sides to provide all the players....Sigma Olomouc were suggested. Seemed a reasonable suggestion at first. But then it dawned on me (and I haven't fact checked this, purely surmising) that they probably had at least 2 or 3 players in the original squad anyway. Plus are likely to have one or 2 foreign nationals in their first team on top of this.

Whatever happens, it's now almost a no-win situation for Scotland. Win the match and they will get told by all and sundry that it is a hollow victory given what happened to the Czechs and whatever solution they came up with to get the game on. Fail to win (and it will be magnified a hundred times if they lose) and there will be calls for Clarke to resign/get the bullet and every single player castigated as a disgrace, unfit to wear the jersey ever again. Of course utter hyperbole as the Czechs  could probably field 3 sides all equally capable of taking care of Scotland at home.

I doubt anyone in Scotland will care about the circumstances surrounding the, if it happens, win. We've been shafted more times than we've had good luck, so we're due a bit. 

It depends on your expectations I suppose. I rarely expect Scotland to have a routine victory as you can count them on one hand over the last 10 years. Even games against the so called minnows have been hard fought for as far back as I can remember. 

I've not expected Scotland to qualify for play offs let alone final tournaments for a long time so finishing 3rd in a group feels like a normal expectation to me these days.