2 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

How gritted are his teeth 

I think to be fair he's actually surprised that we were so good. 

Other than a couple of wee mistakes here & there as you would expect with a team trying to gel that was a really impressive showing. Second half especially. 
just a penalty victory but very very happy with that game all around. 
top job by Mcinnes. Credit when due

I think with us playing with Watkins instead of Cosgrove it encourages us to play much better football

Improving with every game. Could do without the international break. 

Credit to McInnes tactically today. Thought he got it spot on & the players played the system perfectly. Looking like a strong squad. 

An excellent performance. We have some very good footballers. Hopefully we can continue that kind of form going forward. 

There was a nice balance to the side too. McCrorie in midfield really allowed both Ferguson and Wright (who faded 2nd half tbf) to push on and try and make things happen. Another good performance by Hedges also. Watkins worked so hard up front and his movement really troubled Hibs. The front players interchanged really well. 

Zero complaints at that performance. It should've been a more comfortable win. 

Some decent football played today, using the pace and skill of some players instead of hopeful punts from the back.

McRorie is going to be a star. Nice to see Hoban doing well.This season could end up being really good. We have a decent squad and as long as we play a passing game things can only keep improving.

6 minutes ago, Sheepo said:

I think with us playing with Watkins instead of Cosgrove it encourages us to play much better football

Possibly but would like to see an on form Cosgrove in amongst that side we witnessed today as well. 
cannot remember the last time I was so impressed with a 1-0 Penalty victory. 
real good team effort that.

No thanks to Cosgrove coming back.  Time to move on. 

It's clear we need more mobile front players than him. 

Edited by aberdeen1970

13 minutes ago, Sheepo said:

Massive reduction in 70 yard hoofs with Taylor sitting where his passes end up. 

23 minutes ago, perthshirered said:

Hoban is different class, settles down everyone around him and he will be massive if he stays fit. 

This.

we need to sign him up on a long term contract now - he is far too good of a player for us.

Tanner was fair bumming up Doig for them. File under Paul McGinn - shite.....much like Hibs in general. 

Mccrorie and Ferguson were class. Watkins with another good shift but everyone on the whole were good. 

4 minutes ago, ferlaytio said:

Think we’ve finally found our formation. Excellent performance today. 

Probably need to trim the squad a bit now. No need for x2 RB’s and Campbell out on loan to Montrose/Elgin and Anderson to Dumfermline. 

Montrose/Elgin? Sure he could play championship too.

Mccrorie was excellent. Really like Watkins too, he offers us more than the usual hoof shite. Good he can play in behind with a bit of pace but can also put himself about in the air and hold up. Would be a good signing permanently when his contract expires next summer.

Played a lot of great stuff today, after the usual sluggish start. Hedges in the middle of everything good about us.

Disappointed that we couldn’t get that 2nd goal that we definitely deserved but a fantastic 3 points

3-4-3 seems to be the way ahead for us?

Not feeling the love for Scott Wright today however, in contrast to what others are saying. Maybe he does other stuff that I don’t see? I thought he was our weak link today - I think Kennedy might be better suited to that advanced role, with either Ronnie or Logan taking up the wide right role.

Edited by sooth_stander

On 8/28/2020 at 10:19 PM, Grays Babylon 1875 said:

1) Jack Ross has the measure of Mcinnes I feel.

2) Boyle always scores against Aberdeen.

1) Doesn’t look like it. Looked more like Ross getting a lesson today. They said that was Hibs first defeat since we beat you in March.

2) Another game where he doesn’t. He was so deep we should thank him for the pen ;)

Think we’ve finally found our formation. Excellent performance today. 

Probably need to trim the squad a bit now. No need for x2 RB’s and Campbell out on loan to Montrose/Elgin and Anderson to Dunfermline. 

Edited by ferlaytio

No Grays Babylon? Sure he told us Jack Ross has McInnes’s number tactically? Really should stay off that heroin mate.

"Martin Boyle always scores against Aberdeen"  iirc

LOL

Some wild statements from the boy the last few days 

9 minutes ago, afc1903mad said:

1) Doesn’t look like it. Looked more like Ross getting a lesson today. They said that was Hibs first defeat since we beat you in March.

2) Another game where he doesn’t. He was so deep we should thank him for the pen ;)

Unbeaten march sounds good until you realise that they have only played 5 games since then.

Very pleased with where we're headed atm.

This is the best squad we've had going back some seasons.

When we have the likes of McGinn, McGeouch and the Main man coming off the bench, there's reason for optimism - especially now with the increased subs allowance.

McCrorie is phenomenal. He's a big time player. Hands down McInnes best signing - he's better then the McLeans and Shinnies. Look at the influence and boost in performances he has had on those around him. Ferguson has improved drastically since playing alongside him. Ferguson was class today. Good penalty too. Are they potentially the best CM partnership in Scotland?

Watkins makes such a difference. Rooney and Cosgrove were good at what they do but we've all been crying out for a forward with movement and speed. Watkins just constantly chased and closed down. Cosgrove needs to add that to his game. I thought Main did ok when he came on. Roughed up and disrupted the Hibs play.

Hoban every week is a stand out. Doidge looked mince against him. Hoban on a free transfer is as good a signing as McCrorie.

I'd happily see Cosgrove (our 20+ goalscoring striker) sold if someone is willing to buy him.

Everyone played their part. It was a very good team performance.

What a difference when we play the ball to feet and pass in front on players to run on to. 

1 hour ago, Ten Caat said:

God having a sly wee dig at McInnes' past tactics on Radio Shortbread

What was he saying?

On 8/28/2020 at 10:19 PM, Grays Babylon 1875 said:

I will fuck my mother shitdick. 

Expecting a shite game but expecting a win for Hibs.  Won't be easy but we're on a roll and gave Aberdeen a sound spanking in this fixture last year.

Jack Ross has the measure of Mcinnes I feel.

2-0 Hibs.

Boyle & Doidge. 

Boyle always scores against Aberdeen.

Kain summin min? You start all Aberdeen match threads from now on ya Trumpet 🤣🤣🤣

6 minutes ago, Dons21 said:

No Grays Babylon? Sure he told us Jack Ross has McInnes’s number tactically? Really should stay off that heroin mate.

I'll be on it tonight pal, after watching that shite.

Fair play.  Aberdeen doing what they do.  Nick a goal and go all Verteidigungskrieg.

That fucking penalty that the squirrel gave away though - Gads !!

Enjoy your night lads. 👊🏼