Aberdeen 1 - 0 Kilmarnock

Hard to predict a team when 7 or 8 are away playing shitey international football.

You’d think he’d stick with 3 at the back & a 3-4-2-1, especially as a Killie played two up front & won 4-0 so likely to stick with that.

Lewis

Hoban McKenna Considine 

Kennedy McCrorie Ferguson Hayes

Hedges Wright

Watkins

subs: Cerny, Logan, Taylor, McGeouch, Bryson, Ojo, Main, McGinn, Anderson

strong squad.

You have Campbell, McLennan, Devlin, Cosgrove all out of the 20. 

2-1 Dons

Ferguson (pen) & Hedges

Brophy for Killie 

10 hours ago, CityCentre said:

The Dons Train rolls on.

Proposed team:

Joe Lewis

Hernandez Hoban McKenna Hayes

McRorie Ferguson

Hedges McGinn Watkins

Main

Lets see some more goals.

With us being the home side I want to see us set up to attack. 

Joe Lewis

Hoban    Taylor   McKenna

Kennedy                                               Hayes

McRorie   Ferguson

Hedges                                          McGinn

Watkins

• Downvote 1
On 9/1/2020 at 2:44 PM, WesthillWanderersFC said:

Hard to predict a team when 7 or 8 are away playing shitey international football.

You’d think he’d stick with 3 at the back & a 3-4-2-1, especially as a Killie played two up front & won 4-0 so likely to stick with that.

Lewis

Hoban McKenna Considine 

Kennedy McCrorie Ferguson Hayes

Hedges Wright

Watkins

subs: Cerny, Logan, Taylor, McGeouch, Bryson, Ojo, Main, McGinn, Anderson

strong squad.

You have Campbell, McLennan, Devlin, Cosgrove all out of the 20. 

2-1 Dons

Ferguson (pen) & Hedges

Brophy for Killie 

You forgot to mention Hernandez as well. 

Like you say a very strong squad which I'm sure will be trimmed a bit by the end of the transfer window.

I think we will beat Killie 2-1. Always a tough game against them but we do seem to have the indian sign over Killie.

20 minutes ago, Shinniesta said:

Like you say a very strong squad which I'm sure will be trimmed a bit by the end of the transfer window.

I think we will beat Killie 2-1. Always a tough game against them but we do seem to have the indian sign over Killie.

The only way we might try & keep everyone is in the very unlikely event we’re in the Europa group stages.

Not sure when the play off match is? Is it Thu 1 Oct? 
Window shuts on Oct 5th apparently, so a few days to offload, or loan out a few.

All probably irrelevant though, sadly.

There are 3 or 4 we could comfortably do without or loan out to get games. 

8 hours ago, Shinniesta said:

Yeah, it's the strongest squad we've had in terms of number for many years.  Can't remember us having so many first team players on the books.  Unfortunately half of them are all CM's!

It's impossible that there will not be a significant number of departures before the transfer window shuts.  Will be interesting to see who's shown the door though!  

If the pool needs to trimmed 

Who would be first to punt

I am happy to go first Ojo  brings  nothing to the team ..... let him find another club, unlikey anyone would pay a fee during these Covid times

Devlin ....just release him unlikely  he would ever play again  for the first team. 

Transfer opportunities .. cash in on  McKenna if anyone would take him .

I would still like Sam Cosgrove to stay

20 minutes ago, ABERDEENROWIE1903 said:

If the pool needs to trimmed 

Who would be first to punt

I am happy to go first Ojo  brings  nothing to the team ..... let him find another club, unlikey anyone would pay a fee during these Covid times

Devlin ....just release him unlikely  he would ever play again  for the first team. 

Transfer opportunities .. cash in on  McKenna if anyone would take him .

I would still like Sam Cosgrove to stay

The first thing will be whether McKenna and/or Cosgrove are getting sold. 

That'll determine how skint we are.

If we get one of them away we'll probably be quite flush and mcinnes can keep a big squad if he wants. 

Aye the first to go I think will be Anderson. Can't see him getting a new contract offer next summer, needs to put himself in the shop window. Campbell also needs to go and get himself games on a regular basis, difference is that he most definitely does have  a future with us. If McKenna isn't sold this window then I wouldn't be averse to allowing Devlin to leave. The only problem would be his wages.....I suspect we would have to subsidise them to the tune of 50-75%. Oh hang on there's a second problem...his fitness. Who the hell is going to want him when the evidence of the past 2 years is that he is likely to be unavailable for around 45% of games? I suspect the plan with Logan when we signed Hernandez was to allow him to leave for free if he could fix himself up with a new team this summer as a reward for his service. But there are obviously huge question marks about whether Hernandez is going to cut the mustard with us already. So Logan probably stays too.

• Downvote 1
On ‎9‎/‎1‎/‎2020 at 2:06 PM, CityCentre said:

I want to see Ronald Hernandez in a team that actually plays football and not just lumps it up the park.

What Hernandez have you watched since he arrived at Aberdeen? The one I watch is one of the biggest culprits of lumping the ball up the park.

58 minutes ago, Tord31 said:

The first thing will be whether McKenna and/or Cosgrove are getting sold. 

That'll determine how skint we are.

If we get one of them away we'll probably be quite flush and mcinnes can keep a big squad if he wants. 

McKenna looks much more engaged this season in the games he's been back, very solid. Would be disappointed to lose him.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

I think we will try to sell Mckenna this window if we cant I would move Devlin on. Bryson for me can go but cant see who would take him. Can see Anderson and Ross going on loan. Mcinnes seemed to indicate he was very happy with the big squad in his latest interview with a lot of games to come. I think the fear of more injuries will make moving players out more limited than we think