Aberdeen 1 - 0 Kilmarnock

3 hours ago, Millertime said:

Yep all went quiet on his transfer front 

If selected tonight (and thats not definite as I think Tierney might start left centre back) then he needs a barnstorming performance 

I think I'd pick Tierney tbh.

but anyway, McKenna needs to get his shit together if he wants any kind of move this window and even then it won't be for the big fee we hoped

2 hours ago, V for Vendetta said:

I'm not convinced that suits the players Scotland have.

our best full backs (both left sided sadly) are both suited as attacking full backs that overlap, which I don't think always makes them good wing backs tbh

last time we used Robertson as a wing back he was pretty crap

They both spend so much time forward, I'd play them both on the left. One left back, one left midfield, but tell them they have the freedom to swap / exchange with each other

20 minutes ago, afc1903mad said:

They both spend so much time forward, I'd play them both on the left. One left back, one left midfield, but tell them they have the freedom to swap / exchange with each other

The difference between playing left midfield & left back is big.

Totally different game when your back is to the play a lot of the time as opposed to coming on to & facing the play 

2 hours ago, Zander1903 said:

Andersons 2nd spell, Diamond was never good

pretty sure it was Anderson & Reynolds with the later being dropped gave McKenna his chance

Anderson retired in the summer prior to the season McKenna made his debut with us (in which he only played 2 or 3 matches IIRC)

53 minutes ago, afc1903mad said:

That was also tried by McLeish and failed badly I think.

being an attacking full back is different to being an attacking mid/winger.

Robertson is better with an inverted winger/attacking mid in front of him, take that away and being an overlapping full back doesn't really work too well.

pick on at left full back and the other right full back / or CB.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

The difference between playing left midfield & left back is big.

Totally different game when your back is to the play a lot of the time as opposed to coming on to & facing the play 

46 minutes ago, V for Vendetta said:

That was also tried by McLeish and failed badly I think.

being an attacking full back is different to being an attacking mid/winger.

Robertson is better with an inverted winger/attacking mid in front of him, take that away and being an overlapping full back doesn't really work too well.

pick on at left full back and the other right full back / or CB.

Trying in one game doesn't mean its necessarily a flawed plan.

I think both could easily adapt to taking it in turns to overlap and confusing the opposition

Guest the shepherd
19 hours ago, Zander1903 said:

Andersons 2nd spell, Diamond was never good

pretty sure it was Anderson & Reynolds with the later being dropped gave McKenna his chance

I think it was Kari Arnason that was dropped after that debacle of a team performance at Fir Park to make way for Scott McKenna. I may be wrong though.