Aberdeen 1 - 0 Kilmarnock

Just now, rocket_scientist said:

You found it "a bit boring" and you felt the need to express this.

This reminds me of the culture in Scottish schools and a major contributor why most Scottish people are losers. It's not as big a contributor as having very thick parents of course, or being brought up by a single mother who's stressed and struggling to put food on the table but it's a contributor nevertheless.

Public forum min. If you don't want feedback to your posts, aim them via direct message going forward. 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

3 hours ago, RUL said:

Where do you get information like that?

I've just had a look and can't see anything yet, but there's usually a few twitter accounts that post it. Modern Fitba I think is one.

3 hours ago, rocket_scientist said:

I didn't know that they did this in football but this is where I think it's impure. In some sports, it's black and white. In football, it needs a human judgement. One man's 62.5% is another man's 77.5%. It's more subjective than factual. The quality of the goalkeeper also makes a huge difference.

Scott Wright might have been rated 70% by the analysts for that chance but if it was Schmeichel in goal, it would've been 38%. Against Clangers, the worst one-on-one keeper in football history, it was 99%. If that chance had fallen to Diego Maradona - aye, in his prime, not on Saturday - I would say 99.47% v. all keepers. Joey Harper was the best Don in that situation, 99.51%.

Do the analysts even know to increase the chance conversion percentage the less straight on the chance is? If the ball is received when the player is at an angle - even taking it when directly opposite the line of a goalpost is better than dead straight - the chance is better. I would guess the perfect angle for converting to goal in that exact scenario would be to receive it when 2 or 3 yards outside the keepers right hand post (for Wright) or at an angle outside the left hand post for Messi or Maradona and any left footer.

I totally agree, it doesn't take in to account quality of player/goalkeeper, even the surface, or the conditions, but it works it out based on an average throughout the league (I think - i'd have to look in to it further). 

5 minutes ago, rocket_scientist said:

Who PM's who (not the contents) and who +'s and -'s certain posters (not posts) is very interesting information to review. Revealing too, although not really as it's no secret that the world is full of sad acts and by definition, there's a few on here too. 

One thing we will agree on my friend. 

7 hours ago, rocket_scientist said:

If I had information that you and the poster known as RUL have messaged each other, by PM on this public forum, would I be lying?

Well you wouldn't be lying as that's the information you've been given. But by who and for what purpose? 

For what it's worth last time I messaged or received a message from anyone on here was Graham last year.