Aberdeen 1 - 0 Kilmarnock

3 minutes ago, shooftahmooftah said:

Good win, but the lack of goals scored the past 5 games does not bode well when goal difference counts come end of season.    Need to start winning games 3 or 4 nil.     Has Mcinnes any finger nails left, any more squeaky bum games and he will be starting on his toe nails. 

Sort of agree but then end up asking - when has Goal difference mattered at the end of the season?

Good Win and a clean sheet, thought the back 3 were superb  as was Hayes & Kennedy. Looked really slick in the first half but sat a bit deep for a 10 minute spell in the 2nd half.

Not killing off teams has been our Achilles heel for a while now, if we can sort that out it could be a good season. Then again if Wright scores we are in a much easier place

On another day we might have had 3 or 4. Wright's miss, two great saves from Hayes, and a couple of times the ball bobbled in front of their net just waiting for a foot to get on it. The win was more comfortable than the scoreline suggests even if Killie did gain more possession as we stopped pressing.

Killie are organised and well drilled, but while they're not a bad team they're not a great team either. We should be expecting to beat them at home if we're to do anything this season.

This might be the best side we've had in a while. A few cracking youngsters and some solid, experienced players.

This Venezuelan lad, Hernandez(?) is he an Aberdeen player or was he signed to bypass some MLS rule, and he'll be off to Atlanta at the end of the season?

26 minutes ago, shooftahmooftah said:

Good win, but the lack of goals scored the past 5 games does not bode well when goal difference counts come end of season.    Need to start winning games 3 or 4 nil.     Has Mcinnes any finger nails left, any more squeaky bum games and he will be starting on his toe nails. 

Goal difference isn’t going to matter, is it? Besides, I thought people were complaining about the football being crap, now we are playing well people are moaning that we aren’t scoring enough. Impossible to please some people.

• Like 1
  • Downvote 2

He cost us a record fee, around about a million quid, and he's not even being used as a late sub to get him integrated into the match squad.

I'd understand if he were injured, too young, or just plain pish, but I'd like to think the club is more able to scout someone for that kind of money who is none of those things.

For that kind of money he should be a star player for us, not some forgotten reserve team player.

It's surprising that no-one's surprised that we've pissed away that kind of money on someone who doesn't get a game, particularly considering McInnes has paid far less for players and kept playing them even if they're not producing on the field, a'la Stevie May.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

Agree with BHL- Look at the subs and the team we had a sub goalie, 2 defenders 2 midfielders 2 attackers

Now the team we set up with 3 at the back and 2 wing backs

what if it needs changing? you bring on a full back - Andy C can go LB so we need a Right Back

We could use Ash if we wanted height which is possible given the size of the Killie team 

so you can play either logan or hernadez if we are going 4 at the back its defensive so you put your next best defensive right back on the bench - Thats logan

Hernandez is suffering when we play 3 at the back there is no real place for him - If we played 4 at the back he would get much more game time - Hell be on he plane Thursday im sure and will get game time in the celtic double header 

6 minutes ago, Superdon!!!11oneoneuno said:

He cost us a record fee, around about a million quid, and he's not even being used as a late sub to get him integrated into the match squad.

I'd understand if he were injured, too young, or just plain pish, but I'd like to think the club is more able to scout someone for that kind of money who is none of those things.

For that kind of money he should be a star player for us, not some forgotten reserve team player.

It's surprising that no-one's surprised that we've pissed away that kind of money on someone who doesn't get a game, particularly considering McInnes has paid far less for players and kept playing them even if they're not producing on the field, a'la Stevie May.

Forgotten reserve team player ?

What an absolute drama queen you are. We’re only 5 games into the season and you come away with this nonsense. Still, write him off if you want to ??‍♂️

• Downvote 4
8 minutes ago, Superdon!!!11oneoneuno said:

Technically we signed him last season, and there were about a dozen games played before the shutdown.

For a million quid, you'd think we'd be forcing him into the first team right away.

Is there a reasn he's not playing?

Yeah.

hes been fairly ineffectual & bordering on shite.

sympathetic fans will argue Against this but much as I wish it wasn’t the case he’s been meh.

edit...& before the bitching starts in his defence. In all seriousness, who would you drop to shoehorn him in the team? 

2 minutes ago, fine-n-dandy said:

Yeah.

hes been fairly ineffectual & bordering on shite.

sympathetic fans will argue Against this but much as I wish it wasn’t the case he’s been meh.

This.

He clearly still needs to establish himself in training and then games.

Dunno what the panic is. If he’s decent he’ll get his chance. Its a long season. 

• Upvote 1

Hayes was fairly ineffectual and bordering on shite in his first few games first time around. I remember the criticism he got.  But a decent run in the side and he became arguably our most important player. Now I'm not saying Hernandez isn't shite, but two things would strike me about that. First, he's not getting any first team game time that might improve him, and at 22 he's more than old enough to be a first team regular. Second, how weird is it that we've signed someone that bad for a record fee?

You would think a club like Aberdeen, who spent so long borderline insolvent, would be way more careful than that with their money.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1
1 hour ago, Sheepo said:

Good Win and a clean sheet, thought the back 3 were superb  as was Hayes & Kennedy. Looked really slick in the first half but sat a bit deep for a 10 minute spell in the 2nd half.

Not killing off teams has been our Achilles heel for a while now, if we can sort that out it could be a good season. Then again if Wright scores we are in a much easier place

The back 3 seems to be working better than it has in the past.

Not sure Hoban will play two games in a week and on an artificial pitch in Norway. 
We could see McCrorie go back to the right of the back 3 & Ojo or McGeouch in to midfield on Thursday. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 3

Yes, a good win against a solid if unglamourous Killie side.

We have put together a decent wee run now.  Not to be negative, but we need to start taking 2 or 3 off teams to wrap games up - but I think that will come, we had a few chances for more today.  As long as we keep making changes, we will get there.

McCrorie is great - is there any mechanism for the huns to renege on the loan-then-purchase arrangement?  Either by curtailing his loan, or by refusing to sell him?  If he continues to impress, they might questions the wisdom of offloading him, not least given they picked up a few injuries today.

9 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

Not sure Hoban will play two games in a week and on an artificial pitch in Norway. 
We could see McCrorie go back to the right of the back 3 & Ojo or McGeouch in to midfield on Thursday. 

Taylor came on as a sub.

Potentially could see him slot back in for Hoban.

McCrorie has been very good, but with the couple of knocks to his leg and him icing it at the end, I’d be tempted to play McGeouch in there and keep McCrorie for next Sunday against Motherwell

• Upvote 1
51 minutes ago, Superdon!!!11oneoneuno said:

Hayes was fairly ineffectual and bordering on shite in his first few games first time around. I remember the criticism he got.  But a decent run in the side and he became arguably our most important player. Now I'm not saying Hernandez isn't shite, but two things would strike me about that. First, he's not getting any first team game time that might improve him, and at 22 he's more than old enough to be a first team regular. Second, how weird is it that we've signed someone that bad for a record fee?

You would think a club like Aberdeen, who spent so long borderline insolvent, would be way more careful than that with their money.

Could he have picked up a knock?

I think the formation doesn’t help him either as we’re needing wingbacks that’s can push on in the 3-4-2-1 formation

12 minutes ago, afc1903mad said:

Taylor came on as a sub.

Potentially could see him slot back in for Hoban.

McCrorie has been very good, but with the couple of knocks to his leg and him icing it at the end, I’d be tempted to play McGeouch in there and keep McCrorie for next Sunday against Motherwell

Not for me. Keep Taylor out if the team as much as possible. Terrible defender. Get Hoban signed up for longer...

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 2
42 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

To use Facebook wanky text talk, LOL... to the two sad cunts who take time to -1 that post ?

• Downvote 6
40 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

I'd keep McCrorie and Ferguson to get a run of games in there.  The more those two play together the better they're going to get.  We've got a real partnership in the making. 

If Hoban isn't fit to play twice a week I'd bring in Taylor and keep the midfield intact. 

2 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

I'd keep McCrorie and Ferguson to get a run of games in there.  The more those two play together the better they're going to get.  We've got a real partnership in the making. 

If Hoban isn't fit to play twice a week I'd bring in Taylor and keep the midfield intact. 

I agree, but I’m not sure DM will do that.

And he’s been quoted as saying that Hoban isn’t in a position to play three games in 7/8 days which is a pity as he has a good influence on McKenna I think.