Aberdeen 1 - 0 Kilmarnock

59 minutes ago, afc1903mad said:

Decent point.

The situation was that it wasn’t a sitter though. The loon still had some work to do and chose the wrong option then was inaccurate in his shot as in he didn’t curl it enough.

Decent game though, let’s not lambast his for missing it and hope he gets another opportunity in the coming games to score and put it behind him.

Don’t think it’s fair to say he chose the wrong option , as the one he took should still have resulted in him scoring , and minimised the risk of the chance being lost by , for instance , a heavy second touch or one of the defenders getting back to impede him.

3 hours ago, redone said:

Don’t think it’s fair to say he chose the wrong option , as the one he took should still have resulted in him scoring , and minimised the risk of the chance being lost by , for instance , a heavy second touch or one of the defenders getting back to impede him.

Never min.

with his pace and the space behind him from an advancing keeper he should have rounded Rodgers.

The defenders were never getting back to impede Wright.

You say he might have had a heavy touch, well his shot was heavy, resulting in the miss

Rogers coming out narrowed the angle, he did well in that respect (Rogers), meaning he was increasingly blocking the goal. Wright could have increased his chances by opening up the goal again by going down the side of Rodgers

3 hours ago, redone said:

He took the right option, just didn't quite execute. Very similar to the goal he scored against Livi, no one was complaining about the wrong option then. He shoulda scored but hey ho it never cost us this time and it's pleasing to see an attacking midfielder actually get into a position like that and threaten which wouldn't have happened last season.

47 minutes ago, Redmist1903 said:

He took the right option, just didn't quite execute. Very similar to the goal he scored against Livi, no one was complaining about the wrong option then. He shoulda scored but hey ho it never cost us this time and it's pleasing to see an attacking midfielder actually get into a position like that and threaten which wouldn't have happened last season.

Quite similar but with distinct differences.

The Livingston’s keeper McRorie had not advanced as far and as quickly off his line like Rogers had.

The livi goal was more central and was being closed down closer by the defenders.

It would not have been the correct decision in the Livi game to try and go round the keeper

Hoping the above is genuine, and on that basis...

"^^^ this" was to indicate that I agreed with the poster above's view (cant even remember who it was if that helps your suspicion re protecting someone).  He wrote (having checked back) that Wright should have scored, he didnt, we shouldnt lose sleep over it and we should move on, all of which I whole heartedly agreed with, hence "^^^this"

And to clarify re "he should have scored" my interpretation is that I would like to think that given the opportunity a number of times, that he would score in the majority of those times.  I don't expect him to score every time else he wouldn't be with us.  I dont expect him to not score the majority of the chances presented either in so far as if that was the case over an extended period that I do feel we could do better.

Hope that helps.

Oh, and yes "^^^this" is dangerous given posting times and rate, but I keep making a cunt of the quote function and for the life of me I still cant do multi quotes. 

34 minutes ago, rocket_scientist said:

You will forgive us for thinking that you were supporting his view in his first two lines also, particularly when nobody on the whole thread (other than RUL, stude having backed down/removed himself from the equation) was stupid enough to argue with the obvious, his third line. His was an attempt to shut down debate and you also completely missed his "you cunts ever kicked a ball?", which you might have seen as inflammatory, as well as a disgusting self-aggrandisement.

You "checked back" and you "can't even remember who"? You also parroted his "move on". No worries. Thanks for clarifying. 

So the first line identifies that he is referring to the lengthy "should Wright have scored the sitter" debate.  Nothing more, certainly no view to support there. 

His second line simply identifies that he is writing it from the perspective of someone who feels he knows football.  Given that some (dont care who) proclaim that Wright should have scored, period, and seem to think that if/when he didn't he should be taken round the back and shot allows me to identify with being closer to the original writer's view.  And can I just clarify here that I am someone who was monumentally shite at football and who would have then and now given an arm to be "a cunt who's kicked a ba."  But 40 years at Pittodrie tells me that if Wright netted every time in that position then Wright wouldn't be at Pittodrie.  Period.  Thats the perspective I took it from.

And I stand by, and in particular agree with his last line.  Apologies if I should have made that clearer to improve your understanding.  He should have scored (important game settler, one of very few chances to do so off a fantastic through ball) but he didn't, we move on.

I checked back what the writer said to be as informed as possible in my response to you.  I apologise for not confirming that in particular it was the third element that I agreed with.  I couldn't give a monkeys arse who wrote it other than a cursory check that it was not someone who I thought was deliberately steering, splitting, diverting or extending a pointless debate.  Something that regrettably is all too common on this forum at the moment.

1 hour ago, rocket_scientist said:

Good point... but hud on: -

Have you changed your tune?

Totally no problem if you have but when you were so quick to jump in, it wasn't a question of whether or not it was even a sitter for you, it was a "total" sitter.

What made you change your mind?

Did you get banned from here or did you flounce off in a hissy fit? I’m thinking the latter, given your “performance” over the last few pages.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1
10 hours ago, rocket_scientist said:

Good point... but hud on: -

Have you changed your tune?

Totally no problem if you have but when you were so quick to jump in, it wasn't a question of whether or not it was even a sitter for you, it was a "total" sitter.

What made you change your mind?

I haven't. 

6 hours ago, rocket_scientist said:

Since I asked you the question, I've watched that incident more than a dozen times. It's actually a worse miss than I originally thought although I wouldn't call it a sitter, whatever definition we agree to put on what a sitter is 

I was thinking it was a 55% or 60% chance of scoring but on further review, it should be a minimum 62.5% - 5 out of 8 - and I would say it should've been as much as a 75% chance of scoring for a good Aberdeen footballer.

Look up the xG and you'll find out what the Data Analysts put for the chances of converting the goal. 

Just now, rocket_scientist said:

Did it occur to you that it might not be boring to the many who were commenting?

Or do you object to posting that YOU find boring, posts that nobody has forced you to read?

Doesnt bother me one way or another - just answering why WW may be querying why its still under discussion. Post ahead - and dont be getting upset at posts that nobody has forced you to read ?

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1