Aberdeen 1 - 0 Kilmarnock

Another 3 points, played some great one touch football and at a great pace, something we've all been banging on about for years.

I suppose a lot better teams than us are holding on at the end of games sometimes, so I shouldn't be too hard on the team today but I just feel we invite trouble by retreating further and further back, and becoming a counter attacking team. One of these days, we'll get done with a late equaliser.

Hedges - great player, just needs to know when to release it quicker. Couple of time today in the 2nd half, could have laid the ball off, and its 2-0 and game over.

But, a LOT to like about us right now.

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, afc1903mad said:

Come on, play the game.

in a scenario where we were to protect Hoban on Thursday, who would you play?

I’m with pocraw on this one. I’d play Hoban regardless; we are so much better with him in the team. But if he absolutely can’t play I would avoid Taylor - we are so much shitter with him in the side. I’d sooner have Shay or Ronald thank you very much.

• Downvote 2
1 hour ago, sooth_stander said:

Hedges - great player, just needs to know when to release it quicker. Couple of time today in the 2nd half, could have laid the ball off, and its 2-0 and game over.

But, a LOT to like about us right now.

Yeah, wasted a few in the 1st half too.

Definitely needs to get his head up quicker rather than rushing into the wrong pass when pressured.

As for the "lot to like about us" phrase, I must say I fucking hate it.

Even though I also used it in my own post match comments. ?

8 hours ago, pocrawred said:

^^ Not for me, he was the reason for our loss to the hun fuckpigs. He is the player who prefers to hoof the ball out instead of taking the time to see a pass to a red. He came on today and is exactly what happened soon after.

You seem to have something personal against Taylor and you are talking bollocks.

Clearly one of these supporters who remembers his errors first time round and refuse to change opinion. He has been more than decent since coming back.

• Upvote 4
5 hours ago, Sydney_Red said:

I’m with pocraw on this one. I’d play Hoban regardless; we are so much better with him in the team. But if he absolutely can’t play I would avoid Taylor - we are so much shitter with him in the side. I’d sooner have Shay or Ronald thank you very much.

So Logan or Hernandez in the back 3, or would you change formation?

I've got no problems with swapping out Hoban for Taylor in Stavanger. As others have said...it's just to early on in his rehabilitation to risk him on shitty plastic pitches. As it's an away tie, I think we will be slightly more cautious and go 4-5-1 so that brings Logan back into the equation for a starting spot. I thought Hernandez' absence must surely be down to an injury that we are keeping quiet, but he was pictured in training in midweek and didn't look like he was being restricted. But as each week goes by he seems to be further and further out of the picture.

• Upvote 1
11 minutes ago, sheepcrooky said:

The problem with Ash is not his defending, he is fairly decent at that. His distribution however is terrible. He constantly hoofs the ball up the park or out of play. 

With the current wing back set-up and slower build up, it doesn’t suit him. 

IMO, if Ash plays from the start, we would revert to a 4-4-2/4-5-1 formation. 

Good post.

• Upvote 1
13 minutes ago, Ten Caat said:

I've got no problems with swapping out Hoban for Taylor in Stavanger. As others have said...it's just to early on in his rehabilitation to risk him on shitty plastic pitches. As it's an away tie, I think we will be slightly more cautious and go 4-5-1 so that brings Logan back into the equation for a starting spot. I thought Hernandez' absence must surely be down to an injury that we are keeping quiet, but he was pictured in training in midweek and didn't look like he was being restricted. But as each week goes by he seems to be further and further out of the picture.

He was sitting in the main stand with the subs in full kit. Suggest he was the unlucky spare man. The injured players sit nearer the tunnel than the dug out.

Edit. It's going to be very interesting when we see the accounts at the start of December and get an idea of the Hernandez deal. I still can't fathom that we have paid £800k and are leaving him out. I'm expecting there to be a twist to the story.

22 minutes ago, Tord31 said:

He was sitting in the main stand with the subs in full kit. Suggest he was the unlucky spare man. The injured players sit nearer the tunnel than the dug out.

Edit. It's going to be very interesting when we see the accounts at the start of December and get an idea of the Hernandez deal. I still can't fathom that we have paid £800k and are leaving him out. I'm expecting there to be a twist to the story.

Cormack said in 1 of his zoom videos that he cost 800k. 

Watching how we’ve performed in the Euro 6-0 game, plus the recent Hibs and Killie games, remind me a lot of the 5-0 Euro win last season (Chikenda was it?) in terms of the one touch passing, movement etc and all done at a high tempo, with Hedges right at the heart of it all. Why that never happened again subsequently last season is something only our manager knows.

I agree with WW in terms of Hedges previously looking like a 5 a side player at Strikers, or Goals. All flicks and stepovers with no end result, but not now. Wasn’t it Mainstandmoan on Mad who said the lad was on his way out? DM has clearly had a word, and what a transformation, integral to how he play.

As I said earlier, there is still a load of improvement in this side, Hedges included, once we hit our straps, this could be a good season 

4 minutes ago, sooth_stander said:

Watching how we’ve performed in the Euro 6-0 game, plus the recent Hibs and Killie games, remind me a lot of the 5-0 Euro win last season (Chikenda was it?) in terms of the one touch passing, movement etc and all done at a high tempo, with Hedges right at the heart of it all. Why that never happened again subsequently last season is something only our manager knows.

I agree with WW in terms of Hedges previously looking like a 5 a side player at Strikers, or Goals. All flicks and stepovers with no end result, but not now. Wasn’t it Mainstandmoan on Mad who said the lad was on his way out? DM has clearly had a word, and what a transformation, integral to how he play.

As I said earlier, there is still a load of improvement in this side, Hedges included, once we hit our straps, this could be a good season 

We're starting to look like a proper football team in spells and can only get better if he sticks with the formation, personnel and approach.

13 minutes ago, sooth_stander said:

One thing I noticed yesterday was even Wright & Hedges have bought into working for the team.

Wright had a goal saving back post defensive header & Hedges did some good defensive work too.

Hopefully they can keep it going. 

17 hours ago, Big Hat Logan said:

Goal difference isn’t going to matter, is it? Besides, I thought people were complaining about the football being crap, now we are playing well people are moaning that we aren’t scoring enough. Impossible to please some people.

Well the fact is and was the same last season there wasn’t enough goals scored,  it was too near the bone a lot of games last season and looking the same this one.   

29 minutes ago, shooftahmooftah said:

Well the fact is and was the same last season there wasn’t enough goals scored,  it was too near the bone a lot of games last season and looking the same this one.   

Were playing well and the goals will come

Wright should have hit the target at the very least. He could have easily rounded Rodgers as well with his pace and how far out the keeper had come.

Hayes shot that Rodgers tipped over the bar would have been in, had it been 5 yards either side.

To give Rodgers his due, he played pretty well in yesterday’s game apart from a couple of flaps, including the fantastic save from Hayes he tipped round the post.

Bobby Madden was his usual self,. Had an Aberdeen player put in the same challenge as Clubfoot did on McCrorie and they’d have been off. There was a number of other blatant fouls (Tshibola springs to mind) that got away with persistent fouling.
Hoban was manhandled I the opposition box as well to deny an easy chance which was right in front of his eyes