Aberdeen 1 - 0 Kilmarnock

17 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

300 is ridiculously low.

1.5% or something? 

It’s a start I suppose but seems far too low

I think the 300 for Saturday is a pleasant surprise as it was a stick on to be another closed doors game.

It's the following game I'm disappointed in.  I really hoped we'd get something two, three, four times more than that

A step in the right direction but 300 hardly seems like it'll be an effective test. Probably more folk in Asda at Garthdee at 3 o'clock on a Saturday ffs.

Would have thought around 2-3k would have been a more reasonable number for a test event. Going from 300-750 also makes no sense. Far too low. 

54 minutes ago, Dynamo said:

A step in the right direction but 300 hardly seems like it'll be an effective test. Probably more folk in Asda at Garthdee at 3 o'clock on a Saturday ffs.

Would have thought around 2-3k would have been a more reasonable number for a test event. Going from 300-750 also makes no sense. Far too low. 

Suspect it's more about testing systems in place at times when it will prove difficult to ensure social distancing....entry to the stadium pre- match and especially egress post-match. Also queuing for toilets especially at HT. Even with 3000, it would be difficult to test/prove that the systems work hence the very slow build up in numbers. Presuming there wont be any food and drink outlets open for the foreseeable future.

28 minutes ago, Ten Caat said:

Suspect it's more about testing systems in place at times when it will prove difficult to ensure social distancing....entry to the stadium pre- match and especially egress post-match. Also queuing for toilets especially at HT. Even with 3000, it would be difficult to test/prove that the systems work hence the very slow build up in numbers. Presuming there wont be any food and drink outlets open for the foreseeable future.

The Brighton v Chelsea game last week had 2500 fans and they were allowed food and drink as usual. They need to test everything that would normally be part of things so to get it right. I would imagine the low numbers is to test everything including food kiosks with low risk and raising these numbers slowly to make sure everything works. I actually think toilets and exiting the ground will be the main issues.

1 hour ago, Ten Caat said:

I take your point but still think 300 is particularly low, in a 20,000 seater stadium.

10 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

The rds lower would handle 300 queuing for food and drink at half time no problem.  Stickers on the floor, easy to implement. 

The main is tighter for space. 

That's the point I was trying to make regarding the slow build up of numbers. They need to know at what levels the systems actually start to fail. I'm sure with 300 in the RDS lower they will work. At 750...yeah probably will still hold up fine. But 1500 or higher? I'm not so sure, pre-match beers will be bursting to be relieved and (assuming we are winning) everyone will want to escape the ground at full time in a hurry (not so much a problem if we are 2-0 down in 70 minutes)

And of course, the other areas of the ground are a lot older than the RDS and not designed to the same standards ( if you could call the RDS "modern" now) so are likely to be more difficult to gauge

8 minutes ago, Ten Caat said:

That's the point I was trying to make regarding the slow build up of numbers. They need to know at what levels the systems actually start to fail. I'm sure with 300 in the RDS lower they will work. At 750...yeah probably will still hold up fine. But 1500 or higher? I'm not so sure, pre-match beers will be bursting to be relieved and (assuming we are winning) everyone will want to escape the ground at full time in a hurry (not so much a problem if we are 2-0 down in 70 minutes)

And of course, the other areas of the ground are a lot older than the RDS and not designed to the same standards ( if you could call the RDS "modern" now) so are likely to be more difficult to gauge

Aye its a fair point. 

Hopefully whatever they are being asked to deliver in these trials can then be scaled up pretty quickly thereafter.