Aberdeen 1 - 0 Kilmarnock

1 minute ago, Don Shula said:

Completely agree but that's not what I said. The whole point of doing test events is to "prove" we can handle bigger numbers (Cormack has spoken about crowds of 7,500). All a test event will "prove" is how it does or doesn't work inside the stadium. It will do fuck all to "prove" my point on buses, trains and pubs. She won't let non essential offices back to work because of extra people on public transport so I won't hold my breath that she will allow 7,500 fans to Pittodrie, a fair proportion of which travel by public transport or indeed say 20,000 travelling to watch celtic/sevco

Fair enough, I agree. 

I thought we were discussing whether the pilot would go ahead rather than the broader piece. My mistake. 

7 minutes ago, Don Shula said:

Completely agree but that's not what I said. The whole point of doing test events is to "prove" we can handle bigger numbers (Cormack has spoken about crowds of 7,500). All a test event will "prove" is how it does or doesn't work inside the stadium. It will do fuck all to "prove" my point on buses, trains and pubs. She won't let non essential offices back to work because of extra people on public transport so I won't hold my breath that she will allow 7,500 fans to Pittodrie, a fair proportion of which travel by public transport or indeed say 20,000 travelling to watch celtic/sevco

What choice does she have? She can't keep football locked down forever.

3 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Fair enough, I agree. 

I thought we were discussing whether the pilot would go ahead rather than the broader piece. My mistake. 

Apologies, I didn't read the earlier posts so I may have dragged the conversation down a rabbit hole.

Given I imagine she will want to slow down the timing of when bigger crowds get back, I wouldn't be surprised if she delays test events so as to not raise expectations. Given celtic and sevco are banned from test events for at least a coupe of weeks anyway I can't imagine anyone from the sfa fighting our corner (as well as Ross County) too hard

10 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

I hardly think 300 people arriving at the stadium from completely different directions, many of which will be by car due to the parking available with smaller crowds, will put much pressure on any single bus journey , let alone the bus service as a whole. 

Gotta watch for the total fuck up the council made of the Esplanade.

Love how they just put the dual cycle lanes round the burger van

PJ-PG-040920-02-008_36240578-848x564.jpg 

• Downvote 1
2 minutes ago, afc1903mad said:

ACC making a cunt of something?

in other news, water is wet.

On the subject of fans going back, I understand the caution, but 300 is a ridiculously low number. 
That said, here’s hoping it goes with no hitches on Saturday. 
Been a long time coming with this international shite getting in the way. 

3 minutes ago, afc1903mad said:

Can someone please confirm this ridiculous idea is temporary?

Cyclists on the pavement has been one of my major pet hates of Covid-19.

I've not been on a bike for years and years but if I decided to I would go either off road or on the road. It would not cross my mind to cycle on the pavement. 

Folk should be shot.

• Like 1
Just now, Tord31 said:

Can someone please confirm this ridiculous idea is temporary?

Cyclists on the pavement has been one of my major pet hates of Covid-19.

I've not been on a bike for years and years but if I decided to I would go either off road or on the road. It would not cross my mind to cycle on the pavement. 

Folk should be shot.

£2M for a temporary measure, get real, this will become adopted.

The esplanade already has a significantly wide path, plus there is the lower tier option as well. They could have created a cycle lane on the top tier and still had a space for walking on the two tiers. If they were so desperate for cycle lanes along the length

I agree, cycling elsewhere should be on the roads if in town

31 minutes ago, afc1903mad said:

£2M for a temporary measure, get real, this will become adopted.

The esplanade already has a significantly wide path, plus there is the lower tier option as well. They could have created a cycle lane on the top tier and still had a space for walking on the two tiers. If they were so desperate for cycle lanes along the length

I agree, cycling elsewhere should be on the roads if in town

In Denmark a lot of the pavements have a line down the middle, one side for cyclists, the other pedestrian. Pretty simple idea that would have been prefect for the beach. Now with little parking they've discouraged people from going down there for exercise and to spend money, lunacy.

• Downvote 1

what its done is turn the 4 lane supposedly 20mph esplanade where most people travel at 50mph into a 2 lane road that will probably be closer to 30mph. That is the main aim

The cyclist is the excuse 

I live in the area and enjoy cycling along the lower tier which is admittedly quite busy recently - Why the lower tier? it tends to be a sun trap and is quite war any breeze from offshore is diverted over the berm and from on shore doesnt come down quick enough so the lower tier is a bit of a sun trap. every one will still walk/cycle along the bottom tier for that reason

all its done is removed one lane of parking on the golf course side

1 hour ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

ACC making a cunt of something?

in other news, water is wet.

On the subject of fans going back, I understand the caution, but 300 is a ridiculously low number. 
That said, here’s hoping it goes with no hitches on Saturday. 
Been a long time coming with this international shite getting in the way. 

?

Lazy bastards could have asked for the burger van to be moved to the pavement surely? 

16 hours ago, aberdeen1970 said:

The ball just gets wiped before it goes back on the field of play by someone wearing gloves.  Simple. 

Squirt some hand sanitizer on it before a free kick from a dangerous position.

Get that ba' nice and slippery.

15 hours ago, RUL said:

What choice does she have? She can't keep football locked down forever.

She can't?

Will we ever have full stadia again?

Will these circumstances ever change?

Seriously be fucked if I know.

15 hours ago, afc1903mad said:

Mental.

Absolute fuckwits.

14 hours ago, Sheepo said:

Was down the beach Yesterday and saw no bikes using bike lanes but plenty bikes on the pavement as usual

If this is the case, one would be 100% justified to boot the retarded fucks from the pavement into the cycle lane.

Fucking mutants.