6 minutes ago, pocrawred said:

Every little helps! Need to take the game to them as there back line is where the weakness lies. Playing on the counter wont help us in this case so hopefully Derek puts out an attacking line up.

• Upvote 1

Do they have a plastic pitch? Maybe worth Hoban not being risked on it this early. Other than if its nae broken dinna fix it. Keep the 3-4-3 team.                  

Lewis

Taylor McKenna Considine

Kennedy   Mcrorie  Ferguson     Hayes 

Wright     Hedges

Watkins

4 hours ago, GDON21 said:

Hoban won't start on the plastic pitch. Can see McCrorie dropping back and McGeouch coming in to the midfield. Wouldn't surprise me to see Logan or Taylor start either though. Viking been on a good run of form recently so will be a tough match. Sporting Lisbon going to be without 7 first team players for the next game and will have only played one competitive game since the end of July.

The quotes from the manager seemed to suggest that Hoban would play on Thursday night but that he will be rested in the Motherwell match. Maybe he was just trying to bluff them as to who would play i guess.

4 hours ago, StandFree1982 said:

I can't see us playing with 12 men and using Wright in two positions. 

3 hours ago, Ten Caat said:

Or 12 men...

Haha! oops! thought i had deleted his name off once but obviously not.

Although he was good going forward and also coming back out of nowhere to defend the back post on Saturday so i almost thought there was 2 Scott's on the park on Saturday ;-) Hopefully it's the scott that took the chance against Livi rather than the one that missed against Killie that plays the game in Stavanger :)

2 hours ago, Tyzo_1903 said:

Do they have a plastic pitch? Maybe worth Hoban not being risked on it this early. Other than if its nae broken dinna fix it. Keep the 3-4-3 team.                  

Lewis

Taylor McKenna Considine

Wright     Hedges

Watkins

Think that’s more likely to be the line up against Motherwell on Sunday 

7 hours ago, Tyzo_1903 said:

Lewis

Taylor McKenna Considine

Wright     Hedges

Watkins

Genuine comment/observation - There have been a few posts mentioning Hoban not playing on the Astro surface. I know the intensity of a match is much higher than training, but surely Hoban must train on the Astro surface regularly, especially so when we move into the winter months.

I  totally appreciate the need to protect his knees (I've done my ACL twice) but I reckon they need to think about putting the best team on the park. That includes Hoban. 

I'd much rather he was played in a game like this and managed appropriately between now and Sunday to allow for any niggles. 

13 hours ago, NEM said:

Bad enough when our manager shits his pants and starts "matching up to the opposition" never mind fans joining in.

Let the tinpot Noggie cunts worry about us.  we've been playing well the past few weeks, why change it?

To be fair, the guy is just saying he thinks that's how McInnes will line-up.

I can't disagree either.  Does anyone in their right mind think McInnes will do anything other than go ultra-defensive here?   We'll be looking to pinch something on the break.

Not the way I believe a progressive football club should be approaching a tie like this... but it's certainly how McInnes will approach it!  I actually think we might win this, 0-1.

• Upvote 1

Those odds are probably realistic. Viking are the home side and are no mugs so should be favourites. Had the game been at Pittodrie, I don't think we would have been 11/8, but somewhere around evens or 5/6.  Not seen what's quoted for the draw but suspect it'll be pretty low and that is the result the bookies are expecting in 90 minutes. 

I'm hanging off just now but might have a look tomorrow afternoon at the other ties being played and if we are still somewhere around 2/1 then I'll probably go for it as part of a 4 or 5 team roll up

52 minutes ago, muttonhumper said:

Bet Victor have Dons 2/1. Viking 11/8.

?

Honestly what i saw of them they are below our standard right now .  The defence was crazy bad.  They score goals ..but the lose at the same rate.  I wouldn't sit back if i was McInnes..there attack looks quite fast. But over all if we take it to them their light weight defence will crack.  But maye the game i saw was unsuasal, but they Guy with the blog also says the defence is the weak point.