5 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

As V says its good to have options. 

I'm just not keen to go back to the lump it up to big Cosgrove stuff again as the primary tactic. 

That’s implying that all his goals have been simple knock ins as result of our shit lump it up previous style but true as that was indeed our style, that wasn’t how he scored ALL his goals. He had a pretty decent mix to his goals.

arguably he could be even better in this side

• Upvote 1
Just now, fine-n-dandy said:

That’s implying that all his goals have been simple knock ins as result of our shit lump it up previous style but true as that was indeed our style, that wasn’t how he scored ALL his goals. He had a pretty decent mix to his goals.

arguably he could be even better in this side

OK min.  

I won't be complaining if it turns out that way, that's for sure. 

1 minute ago, Redmist1903 said:

So good to see Hayes back in red, never gives anything less than 110% and his attitude rubs off on the rest of his team mates. Solid solid signing. 

I never felt he looked confident in a Celtic shirt, always seemed to be on the edge of things. He'll be central to things here and he'll get better the more games he gets under his belt. 

1 minute ago, aberdeen1970 said:

I never felt he looked confident in a Celtic shirt, always seemed to be on the edge of things. He'll be central to things here and he'll get better the more games he gets under his belt. 

He was always coming on, off the bench. Lot of pressure, and a lot of critics before he’s even touched the ball. A lot of expectation. I thought he did well considering. 

Im sure his agent couldve got him a decent paid gig down south so kudos to him for choosing to come back.  

• Upvote 1
1 minute ago, Simply Red said:

He was always coming on, off the bench. Lot of pressure, and a lot of critics before he’s even touched the ball. A lot of expectation. I thought he did well considering. 

Im sure his agent couldve got him a decent paid gig down south so kudos to him for choosing to come back.  

Totally agree. He did ok there considering but he played his best football here and I think we'll get a good couple of years from him again.  A class act. 

• Upvote 1
55 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

I know it feels like a lifetime ago but Cosgrove was benched the last few games before the season was cut short. 

Watkins is getting a hard time for not scoring but his work up front is making space for Hedges and Wright to play which also allows the wing backs to get forward to join in. 

I don’t think he’s getting a hard time.

The consensus seems to be he’s playing well but we’d like to see his hard work “rewarded” with a goal & he possibly needs one to boost his confidence.

He’s done better than I thought he would when he signed, I didn't think his hold up play was as good as it is. 

• Upvote 1
17 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

Aye, totally agree.

I despise Premier Sports.

Rank rotten TV station & predictably apparently their coverage of the huns tonight was shambolic. 
Would rather give the Dons £9.99 than those clowns 

I'd give Aberdeen whatever they wanted for sporting away. 

43 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

I don’t think he’s getting a hard time.

The consensus seems to be he’s playing well but we’d like to see his hard work “rewarded” with a goal & he possibly needs one to boost his confidence.

He’s done better than I thought he would when he signed, I didn't think his hold up play was as good as it is. 

Has similarities to project Cosgrove in 2018, where he was being praised for his work rate despite not scoring.  Maybe he just needs one goal to kick start a scoring run.

However, unless Watkins does start scoring, then I would pick a fit again Cosgrove ahead of him. 

I don’t think we played “hoof ball” because Cosgrove was in the team, we played “hoof ball” because nothing else was working for us (for whatever reason).  And if nothing is working, if a team is running out of ideas, then that team will start punting the ball up the park.  We were simply lucky enough that Cosgrove was still able to score goals during that turgid period.

cosgrove would thrive in the team at the moment - he is good with his feet, his goal against Hearts early last season is a good example.