Sign in to follow this  
afc1903mad

Viking 0 - 2 Aberdeen

1 minute ago, Millertime said:

it wasn't that though, was it?

It was yet another whine about the Glasgow two having preferential treatment 

It shouldn't bother you,  just makes you look like you have an inferiority complex

I couldn’t give a monkeys what you think though. 

Derek might out think himself here.

Perceived wisdom in football is if you’re up against a 4-3-3 with two wide men, you play a back 4.

We’ve been successful with a 3-4-2-1.

He might, as Supportmeanssupport suggested, play a 4-2-3-1

if so;

Lewis

Logan Hoban McKenna Considine

Ferguson McCrorie

Kennedy Wright Hayes

Watkins

Personally I’d stick with the 3-4-2-1 as it’s not as if Hoban or Considine aren’t used to getting dragged wide into full back positions if absolutely necessary although that should be Kennedy & Hayes first of all. 

Lewis

Hoban McKenna Considine

Kennedy Ferguson McCrorie Hayes

Hedges Wright

Watkins  

43 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

Perceived wisdom in football is if you’re up against a 4-3-3 with two wide men, you play a back 4.

We’ve been successful with a 3-4-2-1.

He might, as Supportmeanssupport suggested, play a 4-2-3-1

if so;

Lewis

Logan Hoban McKenna Considine

Ferguson McCrorie

Kennedy Wright Hayes

Watkins

Personally I’d stick with the 3-4-2-1 as it’s not as if Hoban or Considine aren’t used to getting dragged wide into full back positions if absolutely necessary although that should be Kennedy & Hayes first of all. 

Lewis

Hoban McKenna Considine

Kennedy Ferguson McCrorie Hayes

Hedges Wright

Watkins  

Your first team is just a bit more solid. I think it's more likely to be close to that.

1 hour ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

I couldn’t give a monkeys what you think though. 

You should

I'm pointing out a serious flaw of yours - zero gallusness 

54 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

This should be most peoples concern.

Keep the team as is and try to take the game to them. If we can’t beat a team like Viking playing to our strengths, then we’re dreaming if we think we can make the groups. 

3 minutes ago, Millertime said:

You should

I'm pointing out a serious flaw of yours - zero gallusness 

Why would I care what an anonymous nobody on a forum that I will never meet thinks?  

And gallusness is a ridiculous word. 

2 minutes ago, Andy_123 said:

This should be most peoples concern.

Keep the team as is and try to take the game to them. If we can’t beat a team like Viking playing to our strengths, then we’re dreaming if we think we can make the groups. 

Agree totally. 
It’s the toughest draw we could’ve got but failure here would be another black mark in McInnes European record 

6 minutes ago, pocrawred said:

Every little helps! Need to take the game to them as there back line is where the weakness lies. Playing on the counter wont help us in this case so hopefully Derek puts out an attacking line up.

3 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

Why would I care what an anonymous nobody on a forum that I will never meet thinks?  

And gallusness is a ridiculous word. 

Gallus is a ridiculous concept, a weegieism that grates on the soul.

Pure dead shite byraway hen.

Do they have a plastic pitch? Maybe worth Hoban not being risked on it this early. Other than if its nae broken dinna fix it. Keep the 3-4-3 team.                  

Lewis

Taylor McKenna Considine

Kennedy   Mcrorie  Ferguson     Hayes 

Wright     Hedges

Watkins

4 hours ago, NEM said:

Bad enough when our manager shits his pants and starts "matching up to the opposition" never mind fans joining in.

Let the tinpot Noggie cunts worry about us.  we've been playing well the past few weeks, why change it?

who's joining in?  I just said I thought that was what he would choose to do.

4 hours ago, GDON21 said:

Hoban won't start on the plastic pitch. Can see McCrorie dropping back and McGeouch coming in to the midfield. Wouldn't surprise me to see Logan or Taylor start either though. Viking been on a good run of form recently so will be a tough match. Sporting Lisbon going to be without 7 first team players for the next game and will have only played one competitive game since the end of July.

The quotes from the manager seemed to suggest that Hoban would play on Thursday night but that he will be rested in the Motherwell match. Maybe he was just trying to bluff them as to who would play i guess.

4 hours ago, StandFree1982 said:

I can't see us playing with 12 men and using Wright in two positions. 

3 hours ago, Ten Caat said:

Or 12 men...

Haha! oops! thought i had deleted his name off once but obviously not.

Although he was good going forward and also coming back out of nowhere to defend the back post on Saturday so i almost thought there was 2 Scott's on the park on Saturday ;-) Hopefully it's the scott that took the chance against Livi rather than the one that missed against Killie that plays the game in Stavanger :)

1 hour ago, rocket_scientist said:

Gallus is a ridiculous concept, a weegieism that grates on the soul.

Pure dead shite byraway hen.

You dont "get" gallus, if you're not gallus and if you're not gallus, you're a phallus

Edited by Millertime

52 minutes ago, Millertime said:

You dont "get" gallus, if you're not gallus and if you're not gallus, you're a phallus

The weegies I know tell me that gallus is not as popular as it once was. It would be good if that horrible concept would die. You can help the cause too MT by not holding on to this archaic piece of nonsense.

2 hours ago, Tyzo_1903 said:

Do they have a plastic pitch? Maybe worth Hoban not being risked on it this early. Other than if its nae broken dinna fix it. Keep the 3-4-3 team.                  

Lewis

Taylor McKenna Considine

Wright     Hedges

Watkins

Think that’s more likely to be the line up against Motherwell on Sunday 

It's getting more predictable to pick our starting 11 which is no bad thing . A wee tweak here or there depending on pitches etc and a very good bench to call upon .Things are looking good

54 minutes ago, Ernie McCracken said:

So where are people getting all these PPV prices? Other than the tweet yesterday,  I can see fuck all information on this.

Club will send emails to ST holders and DNA folk tomorrow with code to apply at discounted price.

43 minutes ago, starryfish said:

Prices out as reported, are they missing a trick not offering loyalty points?

4 loyalty points would be a good idea

10 minutes ago, Millertime said:

Not 3, or 5?

They've never done 3 or 5 before bigboy.

Always seems to be 2 or 4

7 hours ago, Tyzo_1903 said:

Lewis

Taylor McKenna Considine

Wright     Hedges

Watkins

Genuine comment/observation - There have been a few posts mentioning Hoban not playing on the Astro surface. I know the intensity of a match is much higher than training, but surely Hoban must train on the Astro surface regularly, especially so when we move into the winter months.

I  totally appreciate the need to protect his knees (I've done my ACL twice) but I reckon they need to think about putting the best team on the park. That includes Hoban. 

I'd much rather he was played in a game like this and managed appropriately between now and Sunday to allow for any niggles. 

13 hours ago, NEM said:

Bad enough when our manager shits his pants and starts "matching up to the opposition" never mind fans joining in.

Let the tinpot Noggie cunts worry about us.  we've been playing well the past few weeks, why change it?

To be fair, the guy is just saying he thinks that's how McInnes will line-up.

I can't disagree either.  Does anyone in their right mind think McInnes will do anything other than go ultra-defensive here?   We'll be looking to pinch something on the break.

Not the way I believe a progressive football club should be approaching a tie like this... but it's certainly how McInnes will approach it!  I actually think we might win this, 0-1.

Hoban can't apparently play two games in a week, so it's either tomorrow or Sunday for him.

I would suggest tomorrow.

5 minutes ago, CityCentre said:

Hoban can't apparently play two games in a week, so it's either tomorrow or Sunday for him.

I would suggest tomorrow.

I'd normally prefer he plays tomorrow but hearing Viking play on a plastic pitch, Sunday might be better.