David Winnie

Guest milne_afc

He was totally shite. Mind the ironic Zico chant when he sclaffed a late winner with his face against Dundee in a rearranged NY game. 

Think he went to Scandinavia and won POTY trinkets. 

He was with St Mirren as a youngster and I seem to recall him being tipped as a future star at the age of about 17 when he became a regular in their side (Captain at a young age too?). Played age group internationally in what was a decent Scotland side and progressed to the U21 side but just never seemed to kick on and realise his potential. And as others have said...was signed for us as a central defender and proceeded to be played mainly as a left back. 

Signed around the same time Robertson fucked off to der Hun so inevitably was compared unfavourably. Also, didn't really hide his strong allegiance to Celtic throughout his career.

Along with Ian Cameron he was one of Smiths Scottish Cup winners at St mirren. 

Both Winnie and Cameron failed to  do much at Aberdeen, a pity with Cameron as I recall him being a really good player at St Mirren and I thought he would be an outstanding player for us £300,000  though the semi final goal against Celtic in the double winning season was a cracker. 

1 hour ago, ericblack4boss said:

Along with Ian Cameron he was one of Smiths Scottish Cup winners at St mirren. 

Both Winnie and Cameron failed to  do much at Aberdeen, a pity with Cameron as I recall him being a really good player at St Mirren and I thought he would be an outstanding player for us £300,000  though the semi final goal against Celtic in the double winning season was a cracker. 

Then they got their own back with Ricky Gillies.