Gordon Bennett

1 minute ago, rocket_scientist said:

Not necessarily. Some trips, it would be unfathomably hilarious. Others, it might be the most frightening of experiences. It depends more on the mood of the imbiber than the LSD make up of the product imbibed... in my experience. 

I'd say more to do with quality of the product but a bad trip could be exacerbated by said experience right enough. 

5 hours ago, rocket_scientist said:

I never had a certificate of quality/scientific integrity of any dots or tabs that I took. I'm not sure how you can say you could differentiate? No worries. Any cunt who has the balls to try it and who experienced the benefits of doing so is a good cunt in my book ??

On my first ever acid trip my hair went on fire, and given the size of my huge white guy afro at the time it was quite the inferno. While this had all the hallmarks of a bad trip, I soon managed to rationalise that I was unlucky to lounge out next to a candle, rather than spontaneously transform into the anti christ. An outcome made all the easier due to the quality of the cunts I was tripping with. And that I would wager is the important determinant - the environment in which you find yourself. Our experiments at festivals and public swimming pools didn’t go so well.

everything you say about mushrooms is, in my experience, quite true; the big problem being quantities/concentration. If someone gave you a cup of shroom tea you really had no idea just what was about to happen. All part of the thrill.

always remember Bennett being a sort of good but useless kind of a cunt. He stood behind us once at Ibrox and was In Stitches at the banter. Found it amusing that we didn’t sit down. Other than hooring can’t remember him doing much else.

5 hours ago, Sydney_Red said:

everything you say about mushrooms is, in my experience, quite true; the big problem being quantities/concentration. If someone gave you a cup of shroom tea you really had no idea just what was about to happen. All part of the thrill.

Tell me aboot it. A pal, who I also worked with at the time, went doon the fieldy and picked shitloads of them.

I arrived at his hoose as he was biling them up.

Enquired as to fit happens, being a mushroom virgin.

"Och, ye just feel like yer walking funny, maybe see some lights in the sky a bit".

Ok, so hoovered the lot.

Firstly things started making wooshing noises, then we walked along St Fitticks Road, looked onto the 18th green at Nigg Bay.

FFS, the whole golf course was throbbing and pulsing like a monumental plate o jelly.

Walked doo towards Bon Accord Ale.

Fucking boats lifted out of the harbour, turned into spaceships, then started shooting fuck off lasers.

My mates face turned yellow, then hexagon grid with letters inside was on his face, blockbuster grid.

Folks coming towards us, their faces merged together, then this wall beside the 19th Hole had faces coming oot o it and they started spikking to us.

Next cars started growling and faces appeared on them as well. The big tanks behind the Torry Bar started whistling and popping their lids.

Then it started getting bad and we lost each other, folk were scary as fuck, piling out of church beside Walker Road, though a' cunt was after mi.

Saw mi mate Breezy Rodtot, even though I knew he was in Australia.

Had to find somewie to lie doon, did so under stairs o a tenement in Grampian Road.

Unfortunately some fucker came through the back wi his bike, that was brutal.

Went to next tenement, fought off a barrage o skeletons attacking me, until it had worn aff.

Went hame for a shite, the trip had gone, but as I was shiteing, looked at the facecloth over the bath, and could see all the bristles and fibres on it in minute detail, as they pulsed and throbbed away.

Got flashbacks for months after that.

Recall it was Dundee* away the next day, pints in Station Bar were a real soothing experience.

Edit:

My mate, sadly passed now, was chased home across the Tullos field by a heap of angry trees.

So maybe mine was nae so bad.

Acid, never had a bad trip at all. Always hilarious. Nae that I did it that much

Apologies for the long waffle.

Looks like I have too much time on my hands today.

*Looked it up.

2-1, Dodds and Wright. Nae the bonniest strikeforce.

1987-12-05-Dundee-v-Aberdeen.jpg