Aberdeen 0 - 3 Motherwell

That was worse than the opening game against The Rangers.

The players who were brought in for today really disrupted the team. McGinn, Taylor, Ferguson and Ojo were particularly poor. 

Kennedy is badly missed. We've had several players play that right wing back position and apart fro Kennedy all have struggled. 

McKenna sorely missed. Hoban did well when he came on.

McCrorie is brilliant in midfield not so brilliant in defence. He made a difference in the second half.

Edmundson looks a promising player. Watkins wasn't as effective today.

Lewis' kicking has been poor in recent times. That hash of a kick has been coming for a while.

Ojo has had plenty of chances to prove himself. He has no pace, is far too slow to make the pass and is too lightweight. He's not good enough for Aberdeen nor the SPL. McGeough should have started ahead of him.

The opening 20 mins were just madness. The confidence within the squad will be depleted after that.

That aside Motherwell played very well and we didn't deserve anything from the match. Campbell is a terrific player. He's streets ahead of Ferguson. Can see Celtic going for him to replace Scott Brown.

Todays result is a complete write off. Big improvement needed for next weekend.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1
4 minutes ago, CalgaryDon said:

That was worse than the opening game against The Rangers.

The players who were brought in for today really disrupted the team. McGinn, Taylor, Ferguson and Ojo were particularly poor. 

Kennedy is badly missed. We've had several players play that right wing back position and apart fro Kennedy all have struggled. 

McKenna sorely missed. Hoban did well when he came on.

McCrorie is brilliant in midfield not so brilliant in defence. He made a difference in the second half.

Edmundson looks a promising player. Watkins wasn't as effective today.

Lewis' kicking has been poor in recent times. That hash of a kick has been coming for a while.

Ojo has had plenty of chances to prove himself. He has no pace, is far too slow to make the pass and is too lightweight. He's not good enough for Aberdeen nor the SPL. McGeough should have started ahead of him.

The opening 20 mins were just madness. The confidence within the squad will be depleted after that.

That aside Motherwell played very well and we didn't deserve anything from the match. Campbell is a terrific player. He's streets ahead of Ferguson. Can see Celtic going for him to replace Scott Brown.

Todays result is a complete write off. Big improvement needed for next weekend.

Well summed up. 

In hindsight he would have went with a back 4 and kept McCrorie in midfield who had a poor first half in defence. 

McGinn doesn't have the legs to play wing back so that side was exposed. 

And plenty has been said about Taylor's performance. 

Ojo also has had enough chances now. 

1 minute ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Well summed up. 

In hindsight he would have went with a back 4 and kept McCrorie in midfield who had a poor first half in defence. 

McGinn doesn't have the legs to play wing back so that side was exposed. 

And plenty has been said about Taylor's performance. 

Ojo also has had enough chances now. 

Agree fully this was worse than the opening game, Ojo, Taylor and McGinn should never wear the shirt again.

Sign Leigh and Kerr with the McKenna money

30 minutes ago, rocket_scientist said:

Irrespective of his posting history, the only thing that matters is was he right?

So many of you wanking yourselves off thinking AFC were going to be top of the league by winning their games in hand, AFC were going to win the Europa Cup, AFC were going to do this or that and wanking yourselves off that they beat a bunch of part timers and got lucky that Viking strikers had an off day. Did you not see the first two games of the season? It was only one month ago.

There has been no material change to justify your wanking. The boy isn't wanking himself that things are bad. He's talking truth. There hasn't been a change of manager, the current manager hasn't suddenly changed after coming up for a decade of utter incompetence.

Here's proof of the absolute idiocy of Aberdeen fans: -

No right-minded person who understands fitba thought the squad was strong enough to win anything, even in a very shite league such as the SPFL and yet he assumes the royal "we", like he was not the only one possessed by unrealistic optimism.

Grown men caring too much about fitba to fight each other over is tragic enough. Grown men who's lives are so shit they live through the prospect of having a vicarious thrill over the bearded hun charlatan midget McInnes winning anything and kid themselves on that he might are a special kind of spesh. The bubble was always going to burst. It's not like they beat anyone good over the last month nor did anything of good quality. Aberdeen FC are shit, as they have been for a very very long time.

Grown men that can’t live without an Internet football forum 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1
5 minutes ago, Simosmashed my knee said:

Agree fully this was worse than the opening game, Ojo, Taylor and McGinn should never wear the shirt again.

Sign Leigh and Kerr with the McKenna money

My son is a big old St J fanatic. Says Kerr has been horseshit for over a season now. 

If we go for a direct replacement then it'll be Findlay. But I've said elsewhere I suspect we will hang off on it and get him on a pre-contract in January. Bringing in  Greg Leigh now is what I expect. Wouldn't cost much of a transfer fee (I'd guess £75k or so) and actually in the current environment, Breda might even let him go for free just to get him off their books.

7 minutes ago, Ten Caat said:

My son is a big old St J fanatic. Says Kerr has been horseshit for over a season now. 

If we go for a direct replacement then it'll be Findlay. But I've said elsewhere I suspect we will hang off on it and get him on a pre-contract in January. Bringing in  Greg Leigh now is what I expect. Wouldn't cost much of a transfer fee (I'd guess £75k or so) and actually in the current environment, Breda might even let him go for free just to get him off their books.

I agree.

Kerr isn’t the answer.

Findlay I’d say is better & he’s left sided. 
We do need a replacement & quickly as I shudder to think what’ll happen if Taylor is in a back 3 on Thursday.

We might go with  McCrorie, Hoban, Considine in midweek

38 minutes ago, rocket_scientist said:

Irrespective of his posting history, the only thing that matters is was he right?

So many of you wanking yourselves off thinking AFC were going to be top of the league by winning their games in hand, AFC were going to win the Europa Cup, AFC were going to do this or that and wanking yourselves off that they beat a bunch of part timers and got lucky that Viking strikers had an off day. Did you not see the first two games of the season? It was only one month ago.

There has been no material change to justify your wanking. The boy isn't wanking himself that things are bad. He's talking truth. There hasn't been a change of manager, the current manager hasn't suddenly changed after coming up for a decade of utter incompetence.

Here's proof of the absolute idiocy of Aberdeen fans: -

No right-minded person who understands fitba thought the squad was strong enough to win anything, even in a very shite league such as the SPFL and yet he assumes the royal "we", like he was not the only one possessed by unrealistic optimism.

Grown men caring too much about fitba to fight each other over is tragic enough. Grown men who's lives are so shit they live through the prospect of having a vicarious thrill over the bearded hun charlatan midget McInnes winning anything and kid themselves on that he might are a special kind of spesh. The bubble was always going to burst. It's not like they beat anyone good over the last month nor did anything of good quality. Aberdeen FC are shit, as they have been for a very very long time.

Ive never indicated that i think Aberdeen were guaranteed or even highly likely to win trophies this season, nor do i only post after defeats (Stoneybloke).

Regardless of the content of his post what i have said is relevant.

To me only posting after defeats is fucking weird. The only times certain posters appear is after a defeat . Following a 6 game winning run in which we have had some good performances that sort of poster always comes across as an odd miserable bastard to me.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1
Just now, rocket_scientist said:

Yes you're right. I remember him now. It is utterly bizarre that he appears only during bad times.

It was more directed at the equally bizarre happy clappers who think that under McInnes there is any prospect of respectability this season let alone success.

Yeah. The extreme opinions at either end are ridiculous to me as well.