Sign in to follow this  
davieb

Stephen Kingsley

Heard that McInnes is interested in him initially on a short-term deal.

Decent left back though. 

I notice that they've released Jackson Irvine too.  I liked the look of him when he was at Ross County.  Can he play centre back? 

A left back the can play centre half . Would rather get in a proper left footed centre half and Greg Leigh if we can stretch that far 

I can't see Leigh coming back.  We've brought in 6 or 7 players.  If we'd really wanted Leigh I think he would have been back by now. 

4 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

I can't see Leigh coming back.  We've brought in 6 or 7 players.  If we'd really wanted Leigh I think he would have been back by now. 

I guess , even more so if we are looking at this guy . Still i liked him as a player that could cover LB and LCH in a back three . Only having Hayes as a LB worries me . Perhaps Kingsley could do the job as well 

It's not exactly replacing McKenna like for like as he played in the centre of the 3 . Perhaps Considine goes centre fuck knows . I want a proper CH in not a LB 

I'd take him, if only to give McInnes more reason to leave McCrorie in midfield

5 hours ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Decent left back though. 

I notice that they've released Jackson Irvine too.  I liked the look of him when he was at Ross County.  Can he play centre back? 

McInnes has tried for him previously... if we weren't so stacked in midfield, he's definitely be a possibility.

I wouldn't have realised Kingsley is still so young. He's been around for years.

I see Kingsley has been training and playing preseason games with Falkirk. Lee miller saying he hopes they can pull on his heartstrings and get him to return to them.

Quality player when fit but another who is injury prone in recent seasons. Possibly would be worth a low basic wage but extra bonuses paid depending on games played similar to Hoban. Has played quite a few games as a left centre back for Falkirk and Swansea in the past so could giver cover where Considine has been playing on the left of the 3, can also play as an orthodox left back if we change to a back 4 some games and would also be very capable of covering Hayes as left wing back too.  

Aye, I play fives with his Dad, he was originally going to joins Hearts, but there was money issues then McInnes contacted him, guess it was dependent on whether they got Leigh or not.

On 10/6/2020 at 5:41 PM, davieb said:

Aye, I play fives with his Dad, he was originally going to joins Hearts, but there was money issues then McInnes contacted him, guess it was dependent on whether they got Leigh or not.

Could it be a reason why Leigh is only on a short term deal and Kingsley apparently only signed a 1 year deal with the diets?

Options next year.

17 minutes ago, afc1903mad said:

Could it be a reason why Leigh is only on a short term deal and Kingsley apparently only signed a 1 year deal with the diets?

Options next year.

Well Hearts didn't have the budget originally for a deal, but AFC were only talking short term as well. I guess he went to Hearts for less money, but guarantees him game time and a wage until the summer. He's also from Falkirk, so it's an easier setup than a short-term move to Aberdeen with a young family.

9 minutes ago, davieb said:

Well Hearts didn't have the budget originally for a deal, but AFC were only talking short term as well. I guess he went to Hearts for less money, but guarantees him game time and a wage until the summer. He's also from Falkirk, so it's an easier setup than a short-term move to Aberdeen with a young family.

Fair enough. Makes you wonder what Aberdeen are planning for next summer then.

Promote youth or is someone else going to become available?

18 hours ago, davieb said:

Or maybe he fancied more time/weekends off as there will be so many COVID call off's in lower leagues.

Hearts could end up with a record number of 3-0 'wins' down there 

19 hours ago, afc1903mad said:

Fair enough. Makes you wonder what Aberdeen are planning for next summer then.

Promote youth or is someone else going to become available?

Hopefully, as with Hoban, Greg Leigh proves his fitness then signs a long term deal

Only Hearts... only Dundee... only the championship

BUT he looks a lot better than Greg Leigh. Oh well.

Tord - it's only dundee for fuck sake

A wee kick about means fuck all

Dundee were woeful. Scored 2 cracking goals but my gut instinct is if Hull thought he wasn't good enough for them, then he won't be good enough for us.