Ross County 0 - 3 Aberdeen

Great game. Really good to see us playing patient, attractive passing football rather than that long ball garbage of last season.Seem to be getting better at it week in week out, but think maybe we just need to take our chances when they come. Still only a single goal from open play. Are we starting to see benefits from the new training facilities?

• Upvote 1
14 minutes ago, perthshirered said:

Imagine if we hadn't had an absolute stinker against Motherwell, it would be looking pretty damn good right now. 

Hopefully that will be seen, in the context of the run we had before the, and the one we are about to embark on, as something of a freak result.

Keep this formation, any injuries, don't fuck it about, slot players into the injured or suspended players position.

• Upvote 1
Just now, muttonhumper said:

Hopefully that will be seen, in the context of the run we had before the, and the one we are about to embark on, as something of a freak result.

Keep this formation, any injuries, don't fuck it about, slot players into the injured or suspended players position.

The most important thing is keeping that central midfield intact and not being tempted to move McCrorie about. 

2 minutes ago, TopDon said:

Also Hernandez looked quite good when he came on, albeit fairly brief. Can't understand why he isn't getting a proper look?

Easy to look good with fresh legs, playing against a team 3-0 and a man down and only for the final 10 minutes

McInnes has his detractors in here, I've been pretty severe on him myself but I'm trusting him on this one. Hernandez is either not performing to the required standard in training to force himself into the starting 11....or possibly he isn't rated at all. 

Anyway good performance, really should have been 3 up by half time but we have closed the points and goal difference gaps with the |Hobos so all is well. Pity about last weeks aberration against 'Well.

4 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

The most important thing is keeping that central midfield intact and not being tempted to move McCrorie about. 

Yeah, meant to add that as a caveat.

Nae shit.

McCrorie was phenomenal today. Again.
If he is moved from the position along side Ferguson on CM, McInnes should be strung up at the Castlegate.

3 minutes ago, Ten Caat said:

Easy to look good with fresh legs, playing against a team 3-0 and a man down and only for the final 10 minutes

McInnes has his detractors in here, I've been pretty severe on him myself but I'm trusting him on this one. Hernandez is either not performing to the required standard in training to force himself into the starting 11....or possibly he isn't rated at all. 

Anyway good performance, really should have been 3 up by half time but we have closed the points and goal difference gaps with the |Hobos so all is well. Pity about last weeks aberration against 'Well.

There could be heaps of reasons he's not playing, we have been going well so no reason to put him back in really. No one really knows the situation. 

Everyone played well. Good team performance. Watkins was impressive - my MOTM. McCrorie and Ferguson bossed the midfield. Hedges and wright both played really well. McGeough deserves a start at some point. Hernandez looked lively when he came on - hope he gets more game time against St Mirren on Friday.

• Upvote 1
Just now, CalgaryDon said:

Everyone played well. Good team performance. Watkins was impressive - my MOTM. McCrorie and Ferguson bossed the midfield. Hedges and wright both played really well. McGeough deserves a start at some point. Hernandez looked lively when he came on - hope he gets more game time against St Mirren on Friday.

Right you

Write out "McGeouch" 500 times til you fucking well learn to spell the poor fucker's name correctly. You do it every time.

Until you can...stick to giving us bullshit signing rumours with the rest of the Canadian crew

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 6
21 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Agreed. I prefer hoban to logan and still think hernandez ought to get an opportunity at lb since he can play there. Keep ross in the midfield. He pairs nicely with lewis. 

3 minutes ago, Ten Caat said:

Right you

Write out "McGeouch" 500 times til you fucking well learn to spell the poor fucker's name correctly. You do it every time.

Until you can...stick to giving us bullshit signing rumours with the rest of the Canadian crew

You'd flip if you heard how badly I butcher pronouncing his name!

34 minutes ago, rocket_scientist said:

Caught the game on the radio as I was coming up the road and Willie Miller was slating both Kettlewell and their defensive shape. He was saying it's a matter of time before Aberdeen score. He was bang on.

Given the size of the football budgets and the size of the clubs, todays result should be more the norm than the exception. 

“3 going on 8” was the post match thoughts from the Messiah.