Ross County 0 - 3 Aberdeen

5 minutes ago, DelMonte said:

Ross County could be in trouble. 

They are the worst we've played this season by far. 

Bizarrely, if they had beaten us today, they would have been 2 points ahead of us albeit with more games played. 

The league is strange this year, all the crappy clubs are picking up points and creating a logjam behind us and the spoon burners. 

2 hours ago, Durrant Dived said:

Good result and perfomances all round. Get Hoban signed up til the end of the season minimum ASAP.

I suspect we will have to offer him longer than that in order to get himself to committing to moving his young family north from the London area. We know that before lockdown occurred 6 months ago, Leyton Orient and a couple of non-league clubs in the south east were keen on signing him.

I'd hope we offer him a minimum of 2.5 years on the money McKenna was on. That would surely be enough to rule out any non-league clubs down south tempting him.

• Upvote 1
4 hours ago, G31DON said:

Lewis, Hoban, McCrorie, Hedges is a great core.  Will be interesting to see how Cosgrove gets on once he's back. Are we playing well because Watkins is stretching defences or is there more to come with a goal scorer up top? 

It's a good question.

One would hope we continue in the same swashbuckling style if Cosgrove were to directly to replace Watkins, but don't know if Sam will be able to replicate such movement.

So, fuck knows?

12 hours ago, Millertime said:

Scored one and assisted one

assisted one sounds link a link up player or winger.

scored 1 in 8.  Not a great record for a striker.

I like the guy and think he helps the team. Sincerely hope he can go on and become a great goalscorer for us. My original point being after we had missed 6 good opportunities in the first half, was that we needed a recognized striker on the pitch. 

1 hour ago, muttonhumper said:

It's a good question.

One would hope we continue in the same swashbuckling style if Cosgrove were to directly to replace Watkins, but don't know if Sam will be able to replicate such movement.

So, fuck knows?

It reminds me of season where stevie may was playing a lot but not scoring. I'm sure we lost our way when he started being benched.

Was it not Watkins who played in mccrorie for the penalty too? Be a tough decision for Derek.. Plus Kennedy to come back too and Devlin. Exciting times. 

7 hours ago, muttonhumper said:

It's a good question.

So, fuck knows?

Will be interesting to see. I like watching Hedges, Wright and Watkins link up... but ultimately we aren't seeing enough goals out of it. 

• Downvote 2
17 minutes ago, Byrne Baby Byrne said:

Will be interesting to see. I like watching Hedges, Wright and Watkins link up... but ultimately we aren't seeing enough goals out of it. 

Yup.  Two factors for me.  Converting our better possession into goals (the fans will have patience as long as we’re still getting the wins.  The improvement in watching terms is night and day from hoofball).  Secondly how teams will adapt to our altered style and how our 3512 fares against Celtics similar style.  Will the two simply cancel each other out?

5 minutes ago, strachanmcgheegoal said:

Yup.  Two factors for me.  Converting our better possession into goals (the fans will have patience as long as we’re still getting the wins.  The improvement in watching terms is night and day from hoofball).  Secondly how teams will adapt to our altered style and how our 3512 fares against Celtics similar style.  Will the two simply cancel each other out?

Celtic might have something to say if we play 3-5-1-2 ?