Ross County 0 - 3 Aberdeen

Just now, WesthillWanderersFC said:

I thought with no crowds at games we’d see less “nonsense” from the refs without the pressure of the fans on their back.

Bobby Madhun dispelled that theory at Fir Park yesterday.  

Bobby Madden was a disgrace yesterday.  Sometime I think no fans present makes it even easier for them to make their honest mistakes. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Bobby Madden was a disgrace yesterday.  Sometime I think no fans present makes it even easier for them to make their honest mistakes. 

As I’ve said earlier, why is a known former member of the East Kilbride SEVCO Supporters Club allowed to ref their games? 
It puts him under immediate suspicion & scrutiny, regardless of how he’s performing. 
There were three main decisions, ALL went against Motherwell.

Two were ridiculous, one was debatable, but probably wrong too (the first penalty). 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1
14 minutes ago, afc1903mad said:

Is there any teams in Portugal that Sporting find similarly easy?

The Ross County manager essentially said it was their worst performance this season

Yes and no.
In Portugal, due to the budget differences between the big 3 and the rest, it means that a team to be champion cannot lose many points (last year was an exception).
At this moment in addition to the big 3 (and here it is important to mention that Sporting is going through one of the worst moments in its history) you have Braga, Guimarães, Rio Ave, Boavista and Familicão which have very interesting teams. But normally the first 3 places are reserved for the big 3. 
In recent years Braga has been the team that has come closest to these three. In the 80s and 90s Boavista was the closest club to the big ones and before Pinto da Costa was director of Porto (1976) Belenenses discussed with Porto the 3rd place in Portugal. All others are much weaker. However, football in Portugal is totally different from yours. In Portugal a small team does not try to win the game ... it defends with the 11 players in the defensive midfield and its only mission is to try to score on the counterattack and lose as much time as possible (simulates injuries, loses time in goal kicks, etc.) and play in the expectation of 0-0. If you can’t score a goal in the first half you’ll have a hard time winning the game.

Sporting has not been champion for many years because of that ... it cannot have the same consistency as Porto and Benfica losing many points with draws.

• Like 1
15 minutes ago, redstrummer said:

you watched the game live ? paid for the ppv ?

We have two channels in Portugal that practically give the games of all the European leagues. Sporttv and eleven sports. Your game didn't go live but I saw it later.

Normally live, they always play Rangers and Celtic. When they can give another one  they usually choose yours but when Hearts was in the Premier League  it was usually the 3rd option. Because they already had a Portuguese coach and players.

1 hour ago, Reed or deed said:

Wrong again. ?

We actually need someone to replace @Dad to give us weekly tips on who to put a line on. 

Someone who we can take note of their predictions and be confident that each and every one will be completely wrong, and so we bet on their opponents

Step forward Millermong. You are about to become useful for once

32 minutes ago, rocket_scientist said:

I've not read most of this thread but has there been questions asked of their keeper at the 1st?

Never got the best camera angle but it looked like slow anticipation and slow feet to me. The mechanics and the mind were malfunctioning, or would've been if he was a competent keeper, which he didn't do a good impression of there. 

Michael Stewart said on Sportscene that their keeper could and should have done better.

1 hour ago, rocket_scientist said:

Can you remember if it was discussed on here? Michael Stewart a good commentator when he agrees with me. My opinion of people depends only on whether they agree with me. Ego is more important than truth. Tremendous example of that coming up now. Go Donald. This should be car crash. 

Your right it was, an absolute abomination of a debate, personal slates on family members, plain lies, talking over each other, hardly any actual decent policies, it still amazes me how trump got voted in the first time

2 hours ago, rocket_scientist said:

I literally haven't seen any analysis of it. I gave up just after 3.30. It was coming to the end but I just couldn't stick with it and not because I was falling asleep. Abomination is right but it was probably predictable in hindsight. I'm amazed they couldn't find a better candidate than Biden. He's such a drip. The way he was counselled to say "here's the deal" became excruciating after the third or fourth time and his appeals to the people by having been told to look directly to the camera were weak. Trump was just Trump, an absolute pig of a person. Nobody won. America lost by having two such bad options. 

America will always lose with the current "democratic" system they operate. Two choices: 

1.) Christian fundamentalist capitalists who will always put profit over the good of the country

or 2.) Neoliberal capitalists who push left on some social issues but largely have the same outlook as option 1 on the way things should be. 

A revolution required for sure 

3 hours ago, red kelly said:

orange man bad had dopey joe on the ropes, if it wasn't for the moderator holding back trump it would have been all over in the first debate. 
will joe turn up for a second beating?
people like omar and cortez will be severely pissed at this performance, which is nice.

Trump is brilliant if you're stupid. Says absolutely nothing of substance and manages to make himself a victim most the time. They should be there to debate policy but all Trump was intent on doing was pursuing the conspiracy that postal votes are corrupt (with no evidence.) 

10 hours ago, ConsiCanBoogie1903 said:

Trump is brilliant if you're stupid. Says absolutely nothing of substance and manages to make himself a victim most the time. They should be there to debate policy but all Trump was intent on doing was pursuing the conspiracy that postal votes are corrupt (with no evidence.) 

Trump's an absolute waste of space.

That some people see him as some sort of revolutionary is good fun to watch though.

41 minutes ago, Millertime said:

Record lows of unemployment for black, Asian and females before the virus hit 

Economy booming 

But waste of space yeah?

Record high levels of domestic terrorism with relation to far right white supremacist groups. He's looking to repeal the Affordable Care Act as well, during a time of financial crisis amid the pandemic. Oh, and he probably raped heaps of teenagers on Epstein's island. He literally got impeached as well. 

I know you're trolling, but someone on here would probably read what you just said and think "mmm yes good point." 

6 hours ago, V for Vendetta said:

Trump's an absolute waste of space.

That some people see him as some sort of revolutionary is good fun to watch though.

The idea that a revolutionary is some millionaire aristocrat in a suit is funny to think about, but unfortunately it's what won him an election. 

Its the same as Boris, it's a cult of personality thing, people generally aren't arsed enough to delve into specific policies that might hurt them, as long as someone's keeping the immigrants out. 

16 hours ago, Millertime said:

He IS a victim 

He is bullied beyond belief , no matter what you think of him

Haha. "Bullied." You can't do/say all the shit he's said, and hold the highest position of power in the western world, and then cry "bullying" when the press scrutinise you. He's the most controversial president in history. Absolutely no two ways about that. 

I'm of the opinion he's unintelligent, but has managed to bluster his way through life with all the money of a New York rich kid and a misplaced confidence. The man can barely read a teleprompter. 

Btw the unemployment figures continued on the same trajectory they were under Obama - steadily improving.

Trump had little or no impact in these figures other than proclaiming himself a hero and talking a load of shite as usual.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/chuckjones/2020/07/04/trumps-unemployment-rates-are-still-worse-than-obamas-highest-numbers/

You've got to be at it here, surely you aren't daft enough to actually believe Trump is competent.