Ross County 0 - 3 Aberdeen

I don’t understand people wanting to revert to 4 at the back when we’ve been playing our best football for years with the formation we’re playing. Not sure if McGinn will give us the same work rate or effort but I’d rather see him there than McCrorie. Also Watkins has probably earned the right to keep his place, seems to bring out the best in Hedges and Wright . 

2-1 Dandies 

53 minutes ago, DelMonte said:

Centre midfield. I'm guessing you mean who would I drop for him? Taylor probably. We don't need 3/5 at the back against Ross County surely? 

Considine cannot play both centre back and left back though. Dropping Taylor would mean a flat back 4. Hayes could slot in a left back but you have brought in McGeouch for him. Who are you dropping for Hernadez,  or Logan to play right back??

2 minutes ago, Quagmire said:

I don’t understand people wanting to revert to 4 at the back when we’ve been playing our best football for years with the formation we’re playing. Not sure if McGinn will give us the same work rate or effort but I’d rather see him there than McCrorie. Also Watkins has probably earned the right to keep his place, seems to bring out the best in Hedges and Wright . 

2-1 Dandies 

Cant speak for others but I’m quite happy with the back 5 at least until other sides adapt to deal with it.  What I don’t want is a back 5 with McRorie in it (so he’s not in midfield) or one with Niall McGinn pretending to be a wing back, particularly when we have 1, arguably 2 sitting on the pissing bench.

1 minute ago, Ten Caat said:

Considine cannot play both centre back and left back though. Dropping Taylor would mean a flat back 4. Hayes could slot in a left back but you have brought in McGeouch for him. Who are you dropping to play right back??

Exactly. 

Playing McGeouch means changing to a flat back four or 352.  

352 means we probably lose an attacking player like we did on Thursday. 

433 and dropping Taylor means Hayes drops back to left back. Also probably means dropping McGinn for Hoban/Hernandez. 

Either way it means more defensive players on the team.  

My only worry is McGinn's legs being able to play wing back in this line up. 

6 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Exactly. 

Playing McGeouch means changing to a flat back four or 352.  

352 means we probably lose an attacking player like we did on Thursday. 

433 and dropping Taylor means Hayes drops back to left back. Also probably means dropping McGinn for Hoban/Hernandez. 

Either way it means more defensive players on the team.  

My only worry is McGinn's legs being able to play wing back in this line up. 

Aye, I’d think the only place for McGinn now is one of the “2” if we play the 3-4-2-1, but Wright & Hedges deservedly have those positions just now.