Coronavirus (Football Thread)

Think we lost the original thread.

“The Highland League has decided to pause the start of the 2020-2021 season in view of the current public health circumstances.

The season will not start before Saturday 28th November and confirmation of that or an extension of the pause will be considered at a meeting during the week beginning Monday 9th November.

The League Management Committee undertook a careful and detailed consideration of the current situation and felt that, all things considered, a pause was the most appropriate course of action.”

5 minutes ago, Byrne Baby Byrne said:

Find it bizarre the lower leagues arent allowed fans in. If you go to a lower league game theres usually a few hundred fans all in the same area... theres more than enough space for everyone.

Then the likes of Dunfermline & Falkirk with bigger grounds could spread out a decent amount of fans.

Is it not better to give folk something outdoors to do in the winter months?

Sturgeon doesn't care much for fun stuff.  Go to work, go home. 

• Upvote 1

I always thought it was a stick on the crowds would be allowed around about this time to allow the lower leagues to start.

Whether that number was 300, 500 or 1000 it's clearly much more safe than a supermarket on a Saturday. 

I think it's now political to not allow football crowds back at those numbers as everyone knows it is safe. 

I can't see how any league below the top flight, and even the top flight, can be viable without fans.

I can see League 1 and League 2 changing to playing each other twice instead of three times.

It's going to be interesting to see what happens in the Championship - what a sore one for Hearts.

20 minutes ago, Tord31 said:

I always thought it was a stick on the crowds would be allowed around about this time to allow the lower leagues to start.

Whether that number was 300, 500 or 1000 it's clearly much more safe than a supermarket on a Saturday. 

I think it's now political to not allow football crowds back at those numbers as everyone knows it is safe. 

I can't see how any league below the top flight, and even the top flight, can be viable without fans.

I can see League 1 and League 2 changing to playing each other twice instead of three times.

It's going to be interesting to see what happens in the Championship - what a sore one for Hearts.

Their response to the comparison with the supermarket will be that the supermarket is essential.

I agree though, it’s time they released the brakes a bit for football.

I get the banning of “house gatherings etc”, but having a limited number in a football ground outdoors is fine, surely to fuck?

Just now, WesthillWanderersFC said:

Their response to the comparison with the supermarket will be that the supermarket is essential.

I agree though, it’s time they released the brakes a bit for football.

I get the banning of “house gatherings etc”, but having a limited number in a football ground outdoors is fine, surely to fuck?

I guess that's part of the problem though.

The more their are people caught having house parties and whatnot the more focus there is in everything.

I blame the media to an extent, the tabloids are desperate to catch rule breaking youngsters and socializers etc and at the same time moaning about everything Boris or Nicola do.

It there was less media focus on party goers etc the governments wouldn't have so many knee jerk reactions imom

1 hour ago, Tord31 said:

Fuck Hearts.

• Upvote 1
4 hours ago, Tord31 said:

Scotland gets a higher percentage of its revenue from gate receipts than any other top league in Europe. We're more dependent on ticket sales than any other country.

Would be nice if someone has negotiated a decent TV deal and a nice league sponsorship...

18 minutes ago, Fridge said:

The whole bar thing is a joke. 10pm what is the point. When you are in a bar at least you have to wear a mask and distance. 

Does anyone really believe that young folk are nae going to go back to somebody’s house at 10.01

Do you have to wear a mask in a bar?

I thought it was only when coming in & leaving, or going to the toilet?

Table service & no mask needed I thought? 

It’s not just about the football game though is it?, it’s about congregating hundreds perhaps thousands turning up to go watch a game of football!, is every fan of a club in the geographical area the club is? How did they get to the game, walk,train, car? So your not allowed to give anybody lifts to work, so am sure that would happen every cunt taking there own car, some areas are worse affected than others like Ayrshire for example.so if I was to come up iam possibly bringing up the virus in an area that hasn’t a lot to infect some of yous for 90 minutes to then fuck off back home, is it worth it if you are the government?, not really!,so 6 in a bubble and when the game finishes every cunt walks out en masse to look for the pub, are there still going to be 6 in the bubble for that?,fucking no chance! A love my fitba as much as the next man but no chance a government going to let that and the possibility of it spreading further killing old Agnes cause av got a hardon for a fitba game,let’s be reasonable 

• Downvote 1

And the class argument cannot be used against the working classes otherwise the theatres would be open for the tofs. Only problem I had was the fact that the rugby had more fans in as if they are a better and more respectful class of fan,it’s moot as the question always boils down to how did they all get there?.socially distanced telekinesis.

24 minutes ago, Dons79 said:

It’s not just about the football game though is it?, it’s about congregating hundreds perhaps thousands turning up to go watch a game of football!, is every fan of a club in the geographical area the club is? How did they get to the game, walk,train, car? So your not allowed to give anybody lifts to work, so am sure that would happen every cunt taking there own car, some areas are worse affected than others like Ayrshire for example.so if I was to come up iam possibly bringing up the virus in an area that hasn’t a lot to infect some of yous for 90 minutes to then fuck off back home, is it worth it if you are the government?, not really!,so 6 in a bubble and when the game finishes every cunt walks out en masse to look for the pub, are there still going to be 6 in the bubble for that?,fucking no chance! A love my fitba as much as the next man but no chance a government going to let that and the possibility of it spreading further killing old Agnes cause av got a hardon for a fitba game,let’s be reasonable 

Jesus what a load of shite. Negative cunts like you are why it’ll take forever to get back to normality. The trials worked perfectly. Managing  and controlling 20-30% of a grounds capacity would not be difficult, neither would it be hard to provide hand sanitizing points, insist on masks, social distancing seating or standing and enforcing that when leaving the ground also. Let’s face it no ones walking out a 70% empty stadium en masse. It sounds shite to me even putting all that in place but at least it would put money in the pockets of the lower league teams and give Agnes the lifelong Arbroath fan something to look forward to at weekends instead of slowly withering away at home. That will kill her before catching a virus in an outside environment where all the prevention measures have been put in place. 

• Upvote 1
37 minutes ago, Zeus said:

Was there a lot of folk caught it after the hibs game in March? 

I know of no one and it was apparently rife then. Let us back in ffs

Our players even caught the virus,are they out partying every night?, and yes am sure everybody that went to the Hibs game at least one caught it and if not at the game then defo travelling to it?,ps do you know a lot of Hibs fans?ones that went to that game specifically? Cause it’s shite like that Statement that will fuck cunts up.i know of no one and it was rife then?so you didn’t know of anyone from Edinburgh getting it while you bide in Aberdeen?good one

• Downvote 1
54 minutes ago, Dons79 said:

Take somewhere like Blair Drummond, you could have over a thousand folk traveling there from all over the country, all parking in the same small car park, all having picnics in the same small picnic area. Yes the actual park is situated across a much much wider zone than a football stadium, but it just seems daft that you can go there for a day out in large numbers yet Albion Rovers, Brechin City or Fort William can't have much smaller numbers standing around their football field (with masks if necessary) for 90 minutes.