Coronavirus (Football Thread)

1 minute ago, ConsiCanBoogie1903 said:

Saying what?

Lack of testing.

Shite communication

Arrogantly telling the Dons with no hint of an apology.

We’ve now lost 3 players for next 3 games through no fault of ours (on top of the 5 injuries).

Basically demanding answers.

A few other things I can’t remember 

Also, Celtic weren’t told early enough & David Turnbull trained with the 1st team... so god knows what consequences that’ll  have for the Tims.

The SFA are a bunch of useless cunts. 

1 minute ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

Lack of testing.

Shite communication

Arrogantly telling the Dons with no hint of an apology.

We’ve now lost 3 players for next 3 games through no fault of ours (on top of the 5 injuries).

Basically demanding answers.

A few other things I can’t remember 

Also, Celtic weren’t told early enough & David Turnbull trained with the 1st team... so god knows what consequences that’ll  have for the Tims.

The SFA are a bunch of useless cunts. 

That's a disgrace. 

22 minutes ago, ConsiCanBoogie1903 said:

Saying what?

One of the most surprising things was after a backroom team member tested positive they didn't bother testing anyone else again, last group testing was on Sunday and it took clubs doing their own tests on the players return to show the positives. We also lose Ferguson and McLennan supposedly due to their proximity to people on the plane who subsequently tested positive, despite being told where they had to sit and since returning back negative tests. 

Heard McInnes on the radio in the car. Not like him to be laying into anyone publicly, so he must have been absolutely raging.

The SFA are fucking hopeless at just about every single thing they ever try to do, so I wouldn’t be at all surprised if protocols haven’t been followed properly.

The players clubs should all join forces and demand an enquiry/investigation, and compensation pending the verdict. This isn’t the first time there’s been a big outbreak with the U21 squad I think? 

• Upvote 1
3 hours ago, alscotoz said:

Any compensation due financially?

Anyone injured on international duty has to have their wages covered by the relevant FA until they are fit to return. I'd imagine catching an infectious disease is also covered by the rules so McCrorie will have his paid. I'm not sure if isolating players come under this scheme though. It would be morally correct of them to stump up but the SFA has been historically corrupt so wouldn't be surprised if they refused

1 hour ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

Just save hassle & ban international football. 

Way to go , cannot see clubs being keen to release players for international duty until this is over. And that is not just in Scotland , other countries/clubs have been affected. Czechs spring to mind and they nearly lost out on promotion in Nations league to an inferior team because of it.

It is just typical of the narratives around Covid just now certain Aberdeen pubs slaughtered for some fans celebrating a famous win yet Scotland players partying and doing the conga is celebrated with a song even making it to the top of the charts out of it. Maybe if the SFA representing players were held to the same standards as our 8 players going for a meal in August we might have had 2 more players available on Sunday.

27 minutes ago, strachanmcgheegoal said:

Getting fucked off with this letting in 4000 fans thing.  Great.  Benefit 5 clubs.  What about maybe focussing on the other 37 virtually risk free clubs on which 200 fans attending could make all the difference first?  

It benefits nobody. At 4000 fans, us, the arse cheeks and the Edinburgh clubs would all be letting in season ticket holders. But at varying percentages, so ours get in every second home game, the cheeks about 1 game in 10 or less. Meanwhile watching games for free in lieu of attendance will probably disappear at that point. So you have disgruntled season book holders.

But worse than this....the clubs will be losing money. We'd have to start using stewards again plus police costs. The small profits made on ancillaries...pies etc....wouldn't cover the overall costs. The only way it works for everyone is when crowds are allowed back in their normal levels

Yes but my point is it doesn’t need to (Ie it can’t) work for everyone.  Think I saw somewhere some finance bod saying the losses could top £100m in Scotland.  Allowing say 200 (no idea what the effective figure would be) only addresses a fraction of that sum.  But I bet it’s a far far  higher proportion of clubs ie it allows back something approaching their normal.

17 hours ago, pocrawred said:

Just heard on the wireless that fans of english clubs in tier 1 and 2 areas will be getting back into stadiums! 4000 of them.its a start I suppose...

Tier 1 : 4,000 / Tier 2 : 2,000 / Tier 3 : Zilch.

In the Premier League it looks like it'll be only Brighton and Southampton in Tier 1.

The 2,000 would probably go to corporate at Tottenham.