Coronavirus (Football Thread)

3 hours ago, ericblack4boss said:

I'm sure Aberdeen were actually one of the clubs that was covered by its policy, 

It was the renewal in April or May would be the issue of not being covered 

If AFC has the correct cover in place then it is effective from date Covid started affecting the club for a specific period of time ie 6 months, 12 months or 18 months.

The fact the cover ceased on renewal date is irrelevant as claim was for a specified period.

Hopefully they had it for at least a year.

26 minutes ago, ConsiCanBoogie1903 said:

Quite a few huns in the replies absolutely flapping. Magic.

Last year I thought hearts should be relegated and was glad they were. 

But would be harsh to prevent them from going up this year.   

What amazes me is that after last years shambles, they didn't get procedures and protocols for suspension of the league agreed ahead of time (i.e. Is it voided or do they call the league based on current standings) 

The fact that they are writing to clubs mid season asking them what they want to do is a fucking joke.  

For example if stopping the league means it is voided, you could imagine the likes of Arbroath and Alloa who are 9th and 10th going "hmm yeah, think we should knock it on the head"

Likewise if it was to be called based on standings then Hearts might decide its a good idea. 

Shambles. They had an excuse last season, no excuse this time. 

8 minutes ago, Ernie McCracken said:

Last year I thought hearts should be relegated and was glad they were. 

But would be harsh to prevent them from going up this year.   

What amazes me is that after last years shambles, they didn't get procedures and protocols for suspension of the league agreed ahead of time (i.e. Is it voided or do they call the league based on current standings) 

The fact that they are writing to clubs mid season asking them what they want to do is a fucking joke.  

For example if stopping the league means it is voided, you could imagine the likes of Arbroath and Alloa who are 9th and 10th going "hmm yeah, think we should knock it on the head"

Likewise if it was to be called based on standings then Hearts might decide its a good idea. 

Shambles. They had an excuse last season, no excuse this time. 

^That would require a semblance of competence. I'm surprised there's no guidelines on calling any fitba competition short at UEFA or FIFA level. Well, maybe nae surprised 

Can they not just agree to suspend it for a couple of months, and finish it in the spring? Scottish cup gets canned, and play 2 games a week when things restart. It's not like any championship players will be going to the euros.

Suspect we might end up with something like that in the premier as well.

This is fucking disgusting.

Celtic call the league to stop early, with positions valid last season, they win the league. 

Celtic say not to stop the Scottish Cup though, which they're still in, and they go on and win it. 

Celtic have a worse record with Covid this season than any other club. Pushing to end the season but this time NOT to honour positions as we haven't reached a 75 per cent point that they've just made up with Doncaster. Dubai is almost working for them now as sturgeon sabre rattles to shut even the SPFL. 

And now Doncaster writing to clubs cos Inverness suggest yeah let's just stop the championship now. Whilst they've no chance of promotion in 7th. But if called now, aren't in a relegation spot. 

Hearts will ensure we're top now and stay there until the end of this league knowing any slip to second will coincide with calling the league. 

Scottish football proved itself shambolic last time with votes. We should have had agreements in place for this season. I can see us being demoted for being last in a part complete season, then not promoted for being first in a part complete season. 

1 hour ago, Wester Hailes Skins said:

Just seen they've only given til Monday for Championship clubs to say what they want to do. Hardly enough time for Dundee to contact Celtic to find out how to answer. 

But will it be enough time for your lot to contact your big team? 

There is absolutely no danger our league will stop. 

As has been said the huns would explode causing political chaos. It would also risk Scotland euro 2020 participation which would cause further political chaos. 

Im not sure what to make of sfa message, I think it's basically trying to put pressure on clubs to stop moaning about playing. John Robertson was very outspoken earlier in week. Be interesting to see what Inverness reply. 

9 hours ago, Tommy said:

If AFC has the correct cover in place then it is effective from date Covid started affecting the club for a specific period of time ie 6 months, 12 months or 18 months.

The fact the cover ceased on renewal date is irrelevant as claim was for a specified period.

Hopefully they had it for at least a year.

Doncasters bitch said that afc had cover for a pandemic in the policy they had in place when leagues were suspended in March, 

However that policy was up at end of season, and they thought that the new policy for this season would likely not have a pandemic protection 

• Dildo 1
3 hours ago, ericblack4boss said:

Doncasters bitch said that afc had cover for a pandemic in the policy they had in place when leagues were suspended in March, 

However that policy was up at end of season, and they thought that the new policy for this season would likely not have a pandemic protection 

That’s what I said. Irrespective of cover not included from renewal of policy, the pandemic issue was covered until indemnity period ended and not when policy fell due for renewal.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
5 minutes ago, Yorston Vasey said:

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/scottish-football-chiefs-called-government-23631572.amp?__twitter_impression=true

Hun cunts' behaviour at the weekend will go and get football stopped, and we've just binned our manager for no reason. Sheerin could have one hell of a lengthy unbeaten spell in charge if they end it before next weekend.

Just binned our manager for no reason?

• 3 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, Tord31 said:

Leitch saying football next season won't look like we want it to look.

Sick. but i'm not surprised. I posted enough negativity on this thread. 

If the rest of europe doesnt sort itself out or we dont close our borders we have no chance

Why does Leitch get a platform every weekend to talk about football? 

1 hour ago, Tord31 said:

Leitch saying football next season won't look like we want it to look.

Sick. but i'm not surprised. I posted enough negativity on this thread. 

If the rest of europe doesnt sort itself out or we dont close our borders we have no chance

They’ll keep kicking the can down the road - no intention of lifting restrictions 

Leitch is an utter fucking dick.

We're a bawhair away from having pretty much the entire vulnerable group of individuals vaccinated and not far off all the 50+ across the country also. When the at risk groups are vaccinated there's no fucking way that we should not be able to go and watch the football again, keeping restrictions in place is thoroughly unjustifiable.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1
Just now, Yorston Vasey said:

Leitch is an utter fucking dick.

We're a bawhair away from having pretty much the entire vulnerable group of individuals vaccinated and not far off all the 50+ across the country also. When the at risk groups are vaccinated there's no fucking way that we should not be able to go and watch the football again, keeping restrictions in place is thoroughly unjustifiable.

“New variants”

”third waves”

• Downvote 1
3 minutes ago, Sheepo said:

It will be interesting to see if they continue with the Euro. games at Hampden in June, if they let crowds into it which they will have to if they want them. Surely they cannot keep fans out of our games in August

No new variants that we should be concerned about planned for June. 

One expected early August 

• Upvote 2