Coronavirus (Football Thread)

34 minutes ago, ConsiCanBoogie1903 said:

A nation totally differing in size, type of population, and arguably, mindset. Obviously it's looked at on a per capita basis but that doesn't negate all the differing factors. 

You don't know that the cases would've been less without restrictions, you can't know that, it's hypothetical. 

Im surprised to see you make an argument for failure of policy on the basis of cases, considering you've slammed them for basing policy around case rises and not hospitalisations etc. Hospitalisations etc that we don't have the numbers for yet over this period (I don't think.) 

Again I disagree with the restrictions I just don't think anyone can categorically state the restrictions as a "failure." 

A nation more densely populated ergo should have higher cases?

Yes it's hypothetical but given that's all we've to go on it's reasonable to use as a guide.

I've slammed them for their ridiculous restrictions, restrictions they imposed in a futile attempt to lower case numbers.

34 minutes ago, ConsiCanBoogie1903 said:

Maybe they did? Unless all 6,000,000 odd folk in Scotland got infected, there's no feasible way of knowing that for sure. 

You can only loosely compare to other nations. That won't ever paint a full picture though as there are so many social, economic and cultural factors that tie into everything. 

So how do you suggest measuring the success of the restrictions?

1 hour ago, NEM said:

Lol so you’d be fine for sturgeon to carry on with the bullshit, there’s no way of telling if they work! Wise up min ?

No? I've said I don't agree with the restrictions? Yeah said that twice. 

My only assertion is you can't say it's a definitive failure. 

Read my posts min ?

1 minute ago, ConsiCanBoogie1903 said:

No? I've said I don't agree with the restrictions? Yeah said that twice. 

My only assertion is you can't say it's a definitive failure. 

Read my posts min ?

On what grounds do you disagree with them then if you can’t tell whether they’ve worked or not? ?

2 minutes ago, NEM said:

On what grounds do you disagree with them then if you can’t tell whether they’ve worked or not? ?

On the grounds that plenty are vaccinated and it's a weak variant by all accounts. 

As you rightly say all the time, people will get it regardless. 

8 hours ago, Reed or deed said:

I don’t give a flying fuck.

You absolutely do, you're constantly posting about the subject. You're one of the most vocal , even advocating the non-vaxed get refused hospital treatment. But also bragging about boozing at a packed golf club during lockdown. I'll say it again, you're a dimwit.

• Haha 2
2 minutes ago, maryhilldon said:

You absolutely do, you're constantly posting about the subject. You're one of the most vocal , even advocating the non-vaxed get refused hospital treatment. But also bragging about boozing at a packed golf club during lockdown. I'll say it again, you're a dimwit.

You’re a dickhead but you’re right here

The truly strange thing now is that none of us are fearful of this disease , yet most are still going through the motions with the masks and the tests and all the rest of it, but as far as I can tell very few people are actually in the least bit concerned about Covid itself. Every second conversation you overhear is about some friend or family member who, despite being ‘triple jabbed’ and testing themselves daily and dutifully wearing their mask has managed to catch Covid and is currently stuck at home watching Netflix. But these conversations are all completely matter of fact, even rather jocular; none of the people being talked about seem to have more than a bad head cold. There is a total absence of the fear of the virus that was evident in March and April 2020. The Covid rituals have become entrenched; a self-perpetuating practice, conducted for its own sake, and uprooted from any realistic connection to an actual threat. Stop football, start football, stop it, start it. A complete and utter nonsense.

• Upvote 1
3 hours ago, Bett8 said:

.But these conversations are all completely matter of fact, even rather jocular; none of the people being talked about seem to have more than a bad head cold. There is a total absence of the fear of the virus that was evident in March and April 2020. The Covid rituals have become entrenched; a self-perpetuating practice, conducted for its own sake, and uprooted from any realistic connection to an actual threat. Stop football, start football, stop it, start it. A complete and utter nonsense.

Welcome to the ‘new normal’ ?