Coronavirus (Football Thread)

5 hours ago, sheepcrooky said:

To be fair, that was never going to happen unless you are in tier 1. We just avoided tier 3. 

Aye but look at England. 

London in Tier 2 but Arsenal had 2000 in tonight.  All spaced out with their face coverings on. Easy peasy.  Probably safer there than if they'd gone out for a pint, a meal or down the shops. 

No reason whatsoever that Level 2 here couldn't have 1000 like Cormack was requesting.  It's only stubbornness on the government's part here that's preventing it. 

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Aye but look at England. 

London in Tier 2 but Arsenal had 2000 in tonight.  All spaced out with their face coverings on. Easy peasy.  Probably safer there than if they'd gone out for a pint, a meal or down the shops. 

No reason whatsoever that Level 2 here couldn't have 1000 like Cormack was requesting.  It's only stubbornness on the government's part here that's preventing it. 

Said it at the start of this covid pish,  we'll probably be the last country to come out of these restrictions thanks to uber cautious nanny Nicola.  

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 3
7 hours ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Aye but look at England. 

Fully agree. Unfortunately our great leader and the dentist don’t. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Sevco will benefit from this next week. FFS 9 players out should mean the affected club is allowed a postponement. We hear about "sporting integrity" but how can there be any when a squad is decimated to such an extent.? If there has been any breach of protocols then after an investigation the points could be awarded to the affected opponents but in the interim United should be treated as innocent (see later) . Livi are highly likely to be involved in a relegation dogfight this season. It's unfair to the other candidates for Livi to face such a decimated team.

I'm really not in favour of awarding points to teams on the because another team has broken protocols, as happened earlier this week. It's happened now though, so a precedent has been set. I'd far rather the teams who broke protocols were docked 3 points for each postponement but the games were played at some point eventually during the season.

Just now, Ten Caat said:

Sevco will benefit from this next week. FFS 9 players out should mean the affected club is allowed a postponement. We hear about "sporting integrity" but how can there be any when a squad is decimated to such an extent.? If there has been any breach of protocols then after an investigation the points could be awarded to the affected opponents but in the interim United should be treated as innocent (see later) . Livi are highly likely to be involved in a relegation dogfight this season. It's unfair to the other candidates for Livi to face such a decimated team.

I'm really not in favour of awarding points to teams on the because another team has broken protocols, as happened earlier this week. It's happened now though, so a precedent has been set. I'd far rather the teams who broke protocols were docked 3 points for each postponement but the games were played at some point eventually during the season.

Huns minus 5 be printing money 

4 hours ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

It’s now a rule that the huns have to play injury & COVID ravaged teams every week apparently. 

I'm pretty sure they are planting asymptomatic hun supporters in the vicinity of opposition teams relatives. Deluded maybe but they have been known to cheat before.

I went and watched an amateur game in the shire on Saturday , nobody took the knee ? Does anyone know how far down the football pyramid in UK is this shite not a requirement ? Have they to do it in the highland league ? Must be a nightmare going into work and having to kneel once or twice a week to something you don't believe in to keep your job.

10 minutes ago, BitWait said:

I went and watched an amateur game in the shire on Saturday , nobody took the knee ? Does anyone know how far down the football pyramid in UK is this shite not a requirement ? Have they to do it in the highland league ? Must be a nightmare going into work and having to kneel once or twice a week to something you don't believe in to keep your job.

It’ll be ok for carpet fitters

1 hour ago, muttonhumper said:

It's not a requirement.

At all.

In the televised games that they do take the knee , if one player just stood picking at his shorts , the media backlash would be so great that that player would never play football in UK again. He would be deemed a racist and not worthy of a shirt.

So , not a requirement but expected if you wish to continue playing football for your club.

1 hour ago, BitWait said:

In the televised games that they do take the knee , if one player just stood picking at his shorts , the media backlash would be so great that that player would never play football in UK again. He would be deemed a racist and not worthy of a shirt.

So , not a requirement but expected if you wish to continue playing football for your club.

Hmmm maybe if you are Joe Bloggs playing for Petercaster City in the arse end of the EFL with a right -on chairman

I suspect not ( and the knock on effect by further superstars following suit would bring it to an end completely within 2 or 3 weeks) if a Harry Kane or suchlike chose to stop doing it and publicly stated why in the post-match interviews

• Upvote 1

The knee is a PR gesture, it allows clubs to appear to be doing something whilst probably not doing a whole lot behind the scenes to combat racism. I know Les Ferdinand at QPR stopped them from doing the knee because he felt it wasn't required with all the work they do in West London helping black communities, as well as educating locals on being anti racist. 

However, to boo what is a simple gesture of anti racism, is absolutely deplorable. The Millwall fans claiming it's because BLM is a Marxist movement and some of the protests turned into riots, are talking shite. I doubt any of them know a thing about Marxist theory or the things they claim they are booing. They are the same types who say "keep politics out of football" but bring Union Jacks to games and demand every player wears a fucking poppy.  

Milwall, a historically scummy, racist and fascist set of fans, suddenly being offended by a bit of rioting? Do me a favour. 

28 minutes ago, ConsiCanBoogie1903 said:

The knee is a PR gesture, it allows clubs to appear to be doing something whilst probably not doing a whole lot behind the scenes to combat racism. I know Les Ferdinand at QPR stopped them from doing the knee because he felt it wasn't required with all the work they do in West London helping black communities, as well as educating locals on being anti racist. 

However, to boo what is a simple gesture of anti racism, is absolutely deplorable. The Millwall fans claiming it's because BLM is a Marxist movement and some of the protests turned into riots, are talking shite. I doubt any of them know a thing about Marxist theory or the things they claim they are booing. They are the same types who say "keep politics out of football" but bring Union Jacks to games and demand every player wears a fucking poppy.  

I think that mostly sums up my views on it all too.