Aberdeen 4 - 2 Hamilton

28 minutes ago, starryfish said:

Funny how people see things differently, I thought we gained more control of the match after Ojo came on last night. I’m generally very unimpressed with him though.

We definitely did and I don't think he did enough wrong to be criticised on this performance. Rangers and St J. were really bad from him. I think he'll have his uses to the team, long season ahead. Need confidence. 

27 minutes ago, ConsiCanBoogie1903 said:

We definitely did and I don't think he did enough wrong to be criticised on this performance. Rangers and St J. were really bad from him. I think he'll have his uses to the team, long season ahead. Need confidence. 

Apart from give the ball away constantly?  He's fucking shite

1 hour ago, NEM said:

Apart from give the ball away constantly?  He's fucking shite

I can only recall one point where he was pressed high and lost it. We definitely got more of a foothold again when he came on.  I don't think he's been up to much but it's hard to judge him on a performance in a second half where the team were struggling generally. 

1 hour ago, the_shrimp said:

I'm never confident going into a game against Celtic lately - we seem to shit ourselves at the idea of playing them. 

I think since I've been 10, so 15 years, we can't have beaten Celtic more than 10 times. 

Don't fancy us. 

1 minute ago, Poodler said:

Taylor's defending for their first, far was he going? 

a complete abomination of a man who should have his contract cancelled if this club want to progress 

I think Joe was at least 40% culpable too. For such a big guy he's pretty shite at dominating his area when crosses come in. Not long after he came to take a cross and dropped it straight down, thankfully we scrambled it away.

But I agree...Taylor was utterly rank last night. I was kind of ambivalent to him getting a new contract as a squad player going forward. Past few weeks I've come to the view that next summer it's "thanks for your service. Au revoir"

5 hours ago, starryfish said:

Funny how people see things differently, I thought we gained more control of the match after Ojo came on last night. I’m generally very unimpressed with him though.

Really? We scored 4 goals in the first half without Ojo on the field. Can’t get anymore in control than that. I thought we lost control when we brought on a defensive midfielder for a striker and decided to sit back and invite Hamilton onto us. You’d never hear commentators mention Celtic and Sevco bringing on an extra midfielder to shore things up and manage out the game when 4-1 up. We need to start having the same mindset, it nearly cost us against Livingston earlier in the season and it took the shine off a good first half performance. As someone said earlier, it would be great to go into the Celtic games in the same frame of mind as the first half but it’s more than likely we’ll set up similar to what we were in the second half last night.

12 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

I think we lost momentum when Hayes got injured. 

So much of our play goes down the left hand side and involves Jonny.  He's crucial to that team in an attacking sense as his work up and down the wing gives us an extra man on the left time after time.  

It may be a blessing in disguise if Hayes is not playing on Sunday.

Apart from the fact he was playing for them until recently they know all his moves.

• Downvote 1
13 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

I think we lost momentum when Hayes got injured. 

So much of our play goes down the left hand side and involves Jonny.  He's crucial to that team in an attacking sense as his work up and down the wing gives us an extra man on the left time after time.  

I agree totally. What I found strange was that McLennan replaced him and actually had a decent game doing essentially the same role. Why the rest of the team suddenly started playing shite for well over half an hour was baffling. 

1 minute ago, Ten Caat said:

I agree totally. What I found strange was that McLennan replaced him and actually had a decent game doing essentially the same role. Why the rest of the team suddenly started playing shite for well over half an hour was baffling. 

McLennan is showing signs of wanting to take his chances lately. 

I hope he signs a new contract as I just get the feeling he's one that would come back and bite us on the bum once he gets a bit older. 

8 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

McLennan is showing signs of wanting to take his chances lately. 

I hope he signs a new contract as I just get the feeling he's one that would come back and bite us on the bum once he gets a bit older. 

I think we will release far more of those going out of contract next summer than we keep. McLennan is still raw but he's lightning quick. Definitely worth at least another 2 years.

1 hour ago, Quagmire said:

Really? We scored 4 goals in the first half without Ojo on the field. Can’t get anymore in control than that. I thought we lost control when we brought on a defensive midfielder for a striker and decided to sit back and invite Hamilton onto us. You’d never hear commentators mention Celtic and Sevco bringing on an extra midfielder to shore things up and manage out the game when 4-1 up. We need to start having the same mindset, it nearly cost us against Livingston earlier in the season and it took the shine off a good first half performance. As someone said earlier, it would be great to go into the Celtic games in the same frame of mind as the first half but it’s more than likely we’ll set up similar to what we were in the second half last night.

I thought from the time that Hayes went off until about ten mins after Ojo came on we struggled.

• Upvote 2