Aberdeen 3 - 3 Celtic

Injured: Cerny and Campbell

Doubtful: Hayes, Edmondson, Taylor, McCrorie and Main

I'd vote for playing Hedges at wing back again but I don't think McInnes will trust him in this one.

I think it's a racing certainty he will match up to Celtic's 3-5-2 and have mcgeouch in with fergie and mccrorie.

Not sure who will be the wing backs and not sure who will be 'up front' with Watkins.

I think Hayes will either be out for the next three games or not risked for this one. Either way we'll be planning without him. 

Lewis

Hoban Taylor Considine

McGeouch

McLennan Ferguson McCrorie Leigh

Watkins Hedges

subs:

Woods, Logan, Ojo, McGinn, Edmondson, Kennedy, Wright, Cosgrove, Devlin

others: Hernandez 

injured: Cerny, Campbell, Main and Hayes

Assuming Hayes & Edmondson are injured. 

Lewis

Hoban Taylor Considine

McLennan Ferguson McCrorie Leigh

Hedges Wright 

Watkins

subs: Woods, Logan, Hernandez, Devlin, Ojo, McGeouch, Cosgrove, McGinn, & Kennedy

I can’t see him playing two winger/attack minded players at wing back & he’ll maybe play Leigh at LWB, as Frimpong creates a lot for Celtic down the right. 

24 minutes ago, rocket_scientist said:

This is THE best chance to beat them.

But only possible if McInnes wants to.

Success comes by desire, not by accident.

Have a go for once in your fucking life.

Play safe and it will inevitably be same old.

He can only play safe.

0-3

gonna be real painful this one. 

taylor to be the weak link 

14 minutes ago, fine-n-dandy said:

For such a decent squad we’re pretty screwed without both Hayes & Kennedy for wide roles.

Maybe be a McGinn/McLennan combo for those positions or Leigh?

Hope he doesn’t shite it again & throw McCrorie in the defence 

There is no reason to disrupt the defence. He'll go with that three again.

It'll be interesting to see who celtic pick and how they get on against Milan. I'm not convinced the coviders will be back

2 minutes ago, Tord31 said:

There is no reason to disrupt the defence. He'll go with that three again.

It'll be interesting to see who celtic pick and how they get on against Milan. I'm not convinced the coviders will be back

Taylor has a knock so not guaranteed.

Devlin going to play bounce match this week along with Kennedy & Cosgrove & few others, Leigh also.

Could be some changes, some of which forced

Celtic have struggled in every away league game this season (with the exception of thumping a shite Ross County). They do like playing against us though and will be right up for it after losing to the huns so we will need to be right at it.

When Celtic need a result they normally get it especially against AFC. I think it'll be  1-0 or 2-0 to the tims.

But the game that truly matters for us is the following week. If we win next week we won't go on to win the league. But if we win the following week we are 90 minutes away winning the Scottish Cup.

If Aberdeen had played in the second half against Hamilton as they did in the first and scored another few goals I might have predicted an Aberdeen win on Sunday.

But they reverted back to type again.

This is worrying for the Celtic match.

Why can't Aberdeen play at their best for 75 minutes in a football match ?.

Celtic and now The Rangers win most of their games because they can last the pace.

Every time they play Celtic I think this is the day when they can win and then boom they don't.

Aberdeen 1 Celtic 3

:sheepdance:

58 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Games against Huns, Milan and Lille in the same period we play them twice.  Really need to be taking advantage of that and getting a win in at least one of these games. 

Two defeats under those circumstances will hurt. 

I think also importantly I can't see how they could afford to rotate the team right now.

Other than bringing Edouard back against either us or Lille. Apparently he is sitting out one more match.

Hopefully they pick up a couple of injuries on thursday night 

4 minutes ago, Tord31 said:

I think also importantly I can't see how they could afford to rotate the team right now.

Other than bringing Edouard back against either us or Lille. Apparently he is sitting out one more match.

Hopefully they pick up a couple of injuries on thursday night 

They might rest a few for the league game but no way they'll risk it for the Cup game.  They've got their fucking beloved quadruple treble or whatever to think about. 

I hope we show up with a bit of fight and win one or both of these games but we've seen this movie before..... 

24 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

They might rest a few for the league game but no way they'll risk it for the Cup game.  They've got their fucking beloved quadruple treble or whatever to think about. 

I hope we show up with a bit of fight and win one or both of these games but we've seen this movie before..... 

I can't see any rotation from them at all other than when injured/ill players are ready. Possibly Edouard skips tonight, bench on Sunday and starts Lille. Bitton claims he's got long covid so he'll maybe be a sub for the next few weeks.

It will be a similar team in Lille as it will be at Hampden.