Aberdeen 3 - 3 Celtic

16 minutes ago, pocrawred said:

Knowing McInnes, he will make celtic look good on Sunday.

He'd better not. 

A repeat of the game at home last season when we sat back and chucked in early goals regardless is completely unacceptable. 

We've gathered a decent points return so far and there's a huge gap between the top 4 and the rest. There are no excuses for not giving this a good go. 

3 minutes ago, Tord31 said:

Another reason to attack is there is nothing in this celtic team to suggest they'll score 3 goals in either of our matches so we know scoring 1 or 2 gives us a hell of a chance of a win/draw.

The converse opinion to that is that recent to medium term history tells us there's nothing to suggest that our defence can stop Celtic from scoring. If the bottom of the league team can put 2 past us (and it really should have been 3)  then  Celtic certainly can too. Their defence however is the weakest it has been in years. I don't think they can stop us from scoring either so long as we have a go at them. Will McInnes have the balls to do it though?

12 minutes ago, Ten Caat said:

The converse opinion to that is that recent to medium term history tells us there's nothing to suggest that our defence can stop Celtic from scoring. If the bottom of the league team can put 2 past us (and it really should have been 3)  then  Celtic certainly can too. Their defence however is the weakest it has been in years. I don't think they can stop us from scoring either so long as we have a go at them. Will McInnes have the balls to do it though?

We are better placed with the form that Ferguson is in and having McCrorie to play a high intensity game than we could have mustered versus the huns in the first game. I think going for that, rather than sitting in, is more important than whether Logan appears instead of McLennan at right wing back or whether we drop one of wright, hedges, watkins or edmondson. The message should hopefully be only let them have the ball in the first 20 yards and then get after them. If the message is let them have it in the first 50 yards then that would be really disappointing that he's went for that.

I wonder with Celtic's change to 4231 for the second half last night if we might go for something like this.

Lewis

Hoban Taylor Consi

Logan Ferguson McGeouch McCrorie McLennan

Hedges Watkins

McInnes loves to over think things and this team allows him to quickly rearrange to 4231 if they are causing us problems with their change of shape.

Lewis

Logan Hoban Taylor Consi

McGeouch McCrorie

Hedges Ferguson McLennan

Watkins

If  he starts with Wright instead of Logan (Hedges as left wing back) then it would involve putting McCrorie to right back if we have to rearrange.

I'd still prefer to give Leigh the nod for the first half.

Thousands of Dons fans scream at this post - we must play our own game. Ha.

14 minutes ago, Tord31 said:

I wonder with Celtic's change to 4231 for the second half last night if we might go for something like this.

Lewis

Hoban Taylor Consi

Hedges Watkins

McInnes loves to over think things and this team allows him to quickly rearrange to 4231 if they are causing us problems with their change of shape.

Lewis

Logan Hoban Taylor Consi

McGeouch McCrorie

Hedges Ferguson McLennan

Watkins

If  he starts with Wright instead of Logan (Hedges as left wing back) then it would involve putting McCrorie to right back if we have to rearrange.

? likewise tordy...

3 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

I think we will go 352 as well. 

Wright will be dropped for McGeouch. 

I also think he'll spring a surprise and one or two who he says won't be fit to start will make it. 

Cosgrove and Watkins news at 10.45 would make me moist.

I've zero confidence in us getting a result against Celtic. Even if they've got a side depleted and haven't won in 6 months, we'll still find a way to make it difficult for ourselves and handle them with care. 

I'd love it if we went into the game in the same fashion we did vs Hamilton, albeit a better second half!  But we'll do our usual and change what is a winning formula to counter Celtics losing formula. 

2 hours ago, Tord31 said:

Lewis

Hoban Taylor Consi

Hedges Watkins

Lewis

Logan Hoban Taylor Consi

McGeouch McCrorie

Hedges Ferguson McLennan

Watkins

2 hours ago, DD1903 said:

? likewise tordy...

Beat me to it.

• Haha 1
2 hours ago, Tord31 said:

Lewis

Hoban Taylor Consi

Hedges Watkins

Lewis

Logan Hoban Taylor Consi

McGeouch McCrorie

Hedges Ferguson McLennan

Watkins

Celtic defensively don’t like physicality, we saw that back in February when Curtis Main had quite possibly his best match for us. Hopefully Edmondson is fit in order to get some strength up against them in the final third.

1 hour ago, starryfish said:

Celtic defensively don’t like physicality, we saw that back in February when Curtis Main had quite possibly his best match for us. Hopefully Edmondson is fit in order to get some strength up against them in the final third.

I’d think the very thing Duffy wants is physicality as that’ll be right up his street.

What he doesn’t want us pace & being turned. 

I’d have agreed with your comment if it was Julien & Ajer. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Heard a Celtic player on the radio saying we may have lost two games in a row but we are not as bad as some folk think.

We played well in the games we lost and are up for the upcoming games.

Every player should be up for the next game.

It all depends on how much you want the win.

• Downvote 1
On 10/22/2020 at 7:48 PM, Fridge said:

If you’re wanting a pint to watch the game I’d advise booking a table somewhere now as pretty much everywhere is booked out.

I live down south but might be back up in Aberdeen for the Semi final, abit confused with all the rules at the minute, can you drink alcohol inside pubs? Thought it was just beer gardens