Aberdeen 3 - 3 Celtic

That’s the best we’ve played against them for a while, we weren’t overrun in midfield as usual and caused a lot of problems when attacking. Cosgrove made a big impact as well as Wright. Just gutted we couldn’t have won there, I get the feeling we may not get a chance like that again soon.

We have to keep hold of Ferguson, he’s so important for us.

Hard to know what to make of a game like that.

Pleased to get a point from being down, or annoyed at losing two quick goals to go 3-2 down.

Wright made a difference when he came on & I think he’ll play next weekend instead of Edmondson. 
Cosgrove (understandably) looked rusty & as if his legs were on the wrong way.

All 3 penalties were penalties. I actually thought Collum refereed quite well, other than one big important decision... a foul on Cosgrove in the build up to Griffiths goal. 

2 minutes ago, afc1903mad said:

Lots of people slating Taylor but I thought he had a decent enough game.

Hoban gave away the pen, but had it had been Taylor, there would be pages and pages of posts about it.

The first goal came from Watkins leaving McGregor and not passing him on to freely walk into the box

The second, Taylor gave Griffiths too much room

The third was poor by Hoban, Elyanoussi was never getting it, so he made the most to get the pen

Fuck off India. 

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 2
5 minutes ago, Zeus said:

That's the shittest Celtic side I can remember. Maybe the early 90s but I canna fully mind. 

Duffy is a complete cart horse.  He's apparently on 45k a week ffs. ?

I'm annoyed we didn't win though. Such a poor side. 

We have to beat them next week. 

That’s what happens when your club and fans have a bizarre obsession with Ireland. 

• Haha 1
1 minute ago, afc1903mad said:

Lots of people slating Taylor but I thought he had a decent enough game.

Hoban gave away the pen, but had it had been Taylor, there would be pages and pages of posts about it.

The first goal came from Watkins leaving McGregor and not passing him on to freely walk into the box

The second, Taylor gave Griffiths too much room

The third was poor by Hoban, Elyanoussi was never getting it, so he made the most to get the pen

Taylor was fkn shite.

def fault for first & could also be at fault in part for second.

shite balls forward as well.

if that was a ‘decent enough’ game then I think you are just comparing it with his half v Motherwell 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1
8 minutes ago, The Hawk said:

Wasn't impressed with Cosgrove today if I'm honest, our 2nd goal was his miss luckily fell to Hedges, fell over too easy to give them ball back just before they made it 2-2 (Could have been foul but felt he was just looking for one) and at end there to make it 3-3 rattles it off bar, thankfully got pen!  Still maybe lacking match sharpness but on another day those things could cost us.  

Great end to the game and fully deserved point

Taylor should not be near this football team

They are there for taking next week - think this most confident i've ever been going to face Celtic at Hampden! 

Cosgrove hater alert!

Obvious he made a very positive contribution in his brief time on the pitch

8 minutes ago, thurso said:

Played well second half but I wish we pressed more when we were 2-1 up. When we pressed they were nervy and we scored. We shouldn’t be sitting back against them 

That’s Derek for you. But, we can’t go down that route again next week. 

What a chance we have. Concentrate on Duffy and we’re halfway there.

14 minutes ago, The Hawk said:

Wasn't impressed with Cosgrove today if I'm honest, our 2nd goal was his miss luckily fell to Hedges, fell over too easy to give them ball back just before they made it 2-2 (Could have been foul but felt he was just looking for one) and at end there to make it 3-3 rattles it off bar, thankfully got pen!  Still maybe lacking match sharpness but on another day those things could cost us.  

Great end to the game and fully deserved point

Taylor should not be near this football team

They are there for taking next week - think this most confident i've ever been going to face Celtic at Hampden! 

Fuck me min.

It's Cosgrove's first game in how long.

At least give the big cunt a few more games to get up to speed before you write him off.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1
Just now, sooth_stander said:

I’d like to see that “incident” with Brown again, where he got an elbow in the moo, which Sky chose not to focus on.

Fuck aye, I'd forgotten about that. 

I hope Brown starts next week. He's done. Wright skipped by him a few times nae bother 

Wright did well when came on. I thought Watkins had a good game.

Cosgrove certainly made a difference. Edmundson wasn't as effective today.

I agree with Bobby Clark - we stood off far too much and were far too deep.

Hedges was MOTM. Deserved his goal.

A good point but disappointed not to win. One of the stronger sides McInnes has put together. 

Just now, slippers said:

As much as people don’t rate Wright we have to get into contract negotiations pronto and hedges. 

Hedges needs tied down for sure. Wright is just too inconsistent to warrant an extension right now. Started the season on fire, but was anonymous/borderline god awful mid September until last week. Was undeniably excellent when he came on today though. I think I prefer him as an impact sub as opposed to a week in week out starter.

14 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

Hard to know what to make of a game like that.

Pleased to get a point from being down, or annoyed at losing two quick goals to go 3-2 down.

Wright made a difference when he came on & I think he’ll play next weekend instead of Edmondson. 
Cosgrove (understandably) looked rusty & as if his legs were on the wrong way.

All 3 penalties were penalties. I actually thought Collum refereed quite well, other than one big important decision... a foul on Cosgrove in the build up to Griffiths goal. 

Should have sent McGregor off? At least a second booking for the foul on MacLennan

• Site Sponsor
4 minutes ago, Zeus said:

Fuck aye, I'd forgotten about that. 

I hope Brown starts next week. He's done. Wright skipped by him a few times nae bother 

Especially on a big pitch at hampdump.

Broonie will revert to fouling (more than usual). 

Plenty space for Wright and speedy players to run at shite like Duffy