Aberdeen 3 - 3 Celtic

I'd be disappointed to not see Hedges and Wright or Watkins start off Edmondson, sounds like the big man will be ok, not the ankle he had an issue with previously. Our shape and formation should work well against a team who are open to being counter attacked on. My serious concern is that defensively we are nowhere near as good as some of our clean sheets look. Taylor last night for the Hamilton goal was shocking, he does well when they play direct and he has to head the ball but apart from that he is terrible.

3 minutes ago, GDON21 said:

I'd be disappointed to not see Hedges and Wright or Watkins start off Edmondson, sounds like the big man will be ok, not the ankle he had an issue with previously. Our shape and formation should work well against a team who are open to being counter attacked on. My serious concern is that defensively we are nowhere near as good as some of our clean sheets look. Taylor last night for the Hamilton goal was shocking, he does well when they play direct and he has to head the ball but apart from that he is terrible.

When the defenders and keeper have their game face on then there shouldn't be three players in the box leaving it to each other.

Edit - just meaning I don't think we'd concede that type of goal on Sunday.

11 hours ago, Edinburgh_dandy said:

Just can’t see us getting anything. Probably a loss by the odd goal.

Who’s the ref? Early yellows for Ferguson and McCrorie will put them off their usual game and wouldn’t be surprised to see a red.

Fucking typically, the Tims are bringing Willie Collum up with them. 
Get money on a red card & penalty in the first half hour from that Tim cunt. 

• Upvote 1
43 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

Fucking typically, the Tims are bringing Willie Collum up with them. 
Get money on a red card & penalty in the first half hour from that Tim cunt. 

Whilst Willie Collum is capable of having a nightmare, I always think that it is better to have him for games against Celtic as he seems to try extra hard to prove he's not biased (which is often thing that fucks him up, ie. infamous ict games when he tried extra hard to show that the early fuck ups hadn't affected him, which just resulted in him making more fuck ups).

The point being that with Collum, its a roll of the dice as to whether he will be shite in your favour or against you. With other refs, you're guaranteed to be fucked. 

McInnes said: “Jonny will get a scan. He’s feeling his groin and he did the right thing in coming off.

Edmondson rolled his ankle and Ash Taylor and Ross McCrorie had  a couple of knocks, but Jonny’s the most at risk.

Cosgrove isn’t quite ready yet. He’s not had competitive football for a long time and the intention is for him to have the practice match then a few days training.

If Cosgrove was not ready why was he even on the bench if he could not take part in the game.

He will be on the bench for the Celtic match I would imagine.

• Downvote 1

Probably as a bit of a last ditch gamble if we found ourselves a goal down with 15 minutes to go. He's obviously not match fit but has recovered enough basic fitness that he could be thrown on in an utter emergency for a short amount of time in an attempt to change the game in our favour. 

If we are in a position where we aren't losing then no need to risk him. Getting him ready for the Cup semi would be our priority I'd imagine

• Upvote 1

Celtic are shite at the moment, especially away, and are coming into this on the back of a tough game against Milan. Add to that we've got the added incentive of going level on points with them if we beat them. Never been a better time to have a right go at them at Pittodrie.

Sadly can see us sitting back and being satisfied with a 0-1 or 0-2 scoreline.

I fear this will go the way of so many games against the Tims at Pittodrie.

We get the big build up. The Tims are “vulnerable” apparently.

We’ll stand off & admire them, letting them set their tempo.

We’ll lose a couple of goals, & then maybe have a bit of a go.

Seen the movie so many times in the last few years. 
If the Tims are “vulnerable” get in their faces & makes them feel under pressure. 
Also, two other things.

When’s the last time Celtic didn’t play well at Pittodrie? They invariably “turn up” when they play at our place. 

And they’re being written off & slagged off. Makes them dangerous 

• Upvote 1
3 hours ago, Lencarl said:

McInnes said: “Jonny will get a scan. He’s feeling his groin and he did the right thing in coming off.

Edmondson rolled his ankle and Ash Taylor and Ross McCrorie had  a couple of knocks, but Jonny’s the most at risk.

Cosgrove isn’t quite ready yet. He’s not had competitive football for a long time and the intention is for him to have the practice match then a few days training.

If Cosgrove was not ready why was he even on the bench if he could not take part in the game.

He will be on the bench for the Celtic match I would imagine.

We're a better team without Cosgrove, end of the day he's no Joe Harper, don't rate him at all. Good at penalties.

3 minutes ago, daytripping said:

We're a better team without Cosgrove, end of the day he's no Joe Harper, don't rate him at all. Good at penalties.

This is going to be the acid test for this team. 

There are some who think that Cosgrove will thrive in this team. Others who think we're better because he isn't in the team. 

Personally I think we were planning on life after Cosgrove until he got injured. Jury is out on whether Cosgrove returning will be a step forward or a step backwards. We're going to find out in the next couple of months. 

Then we'll flog him in January in any case. 

14 minutes ago, daytripping said:

I rate Cosgrove but we play brutal football when he's in the side.  If his return means we revert to hoofball I'd rather he stayed injured tbh

20 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

This is going to be the acid test for this team. 

There are some who think that Cosgrove will thrive in this team. Others who think we're better because he isn't in the team. 

Personally I think we were planning on life after Cosgrove until he got injured. Jury is out on whether Cosgrove returning will be a step forward or a step backwards. We're going to find out in the next couple of months. 

Then we'll flog him in January in any case. 

Line up and set up in the first 30 minutes yesterday was perfect, Edmundson is a little slow but he's a player, if we go back to 1 up front it won't work, need Hayes especially, different team when he went off.

Just now, daytripping said:

Line up and set up in the first 30 minutes yesterday was perfect, Edmundson is a little slow but he's a player, if we go back to 1 up front it won't work, need Hayes especially, different team when he went off.

I guess the question is can Cosgrove do the same job or will we need to change our style of play to accommodate him. 

The best thing about the Watkins signing is that it has shown us a new direction with three mobile players up front with some pace, which, with or without Watkins, is hopefully the future. 

1 minute ago, aberdeen1970 said:

I guess the question is can Cosgrove do the same job or will we need to change our style of play to accommodate him. 

The best thing about the Watkins signing is that it has shown us a new direction with three mobile players up front with some pace, which, with or without Watkins, is hopefully the future. 

Way prettier on the eye for sure, football that gets the crowds back. Second half aside, that was brutal but down to Deek.

15 minutes ago, daytripping said:

Hedges and Wright must be worth a good few quid, the former especially is unreal on form, what a player.

Wright is too slight of physique and too inconsistent to be a cash signing target for anyone. On his day he is as skilful as anyone in the SPL but on a bad day he's like playing with a man down. The sides lower down in the league would view him as not contributing enough to their all round game. He'd be fine in the arse cheeks sides but they won't be interested. I don't think he will be a first pick for us much longer either and right now I don't see him contributing enough week in week out to warrant a new contract. Where he might just find a new home is Hibs. His playing style seems well suited to their philosophy.

Hedges on the other hand will certainly be of interest to clubs down south in January if he sustains his form.  looks a different player totally to the one who struggled to get a game last season.

6 minutes ago, Ten Caat said:

Wright is too slight of physique and too inconsistent to be a cash signing target for anyone. On his day he is as skilful as anyone in the SPL but on a bad day he's like playing with a man down. The sides lower down in the league would view him as not contributing enough to their all round game. He'd be fine in the arse cheeks sides but they won't be interested. I don't think he will be a first pick for us much longer either and right now I don't see him contributing enough week in week out to warrant a new contract. Where he might just find a new home is Hibs. His playing style seems well suited to their philosophy.

Hedges on the other hand will certainly be of interest to clubs down south in January if he sustains his form.  looks a different player totally to the one who struggled to get a game last season.

Respectfully disagree on Wright, he's a 5 million player in today's market.

11 minutes ago, Ten Caat said:

We need to be attempting to get him signed long term asap.  Had visions of him being punted during the close season but he's been a revelation since we came back

3 minutes ago, pocrawred said:

Betting on tims v Milan. Milan -2 = 13/2 

Stealing candy fae a baby.

hun bastards are 23/20. They cunts are lucky in europe and hate to say it I think the cunts will beat Standard Liege!!

Can’t see Milan winning by 3.

Its not the great Milan sides of old.

SEVCO are lucky though. Again their opponent is affected by COVID.

Hopefully the cunts get riddled with it.  

• Upvote 1