January 2021

Campbell obviously would be a great signing but not sure we really need another central midfielder unless it was gonna be an attacking one (eg Burt). Stewart and Brophy would certainly be better and younger optionsthan Main. Findlay and Gallagher would be good enough to go straight into our starting XI (over Taylor).

If Ferguson keeps up his form I’d be surprised if we weren’t trying to fend off interest for him in January. Goals like the other night will only make him stand out even more. Surely north of 5m for him. So frustrating that Aberdeen finally have a few sellable assets but won’t get the good of the money as majority will be used to plug holes from the virus. 

36 minutes ago, slippers said:

If Ferguson keeps up his form I’d be surprised if we weren’t trying to fend off interest for him in January. Goals like the other night will only make him stand out even more. Surely north of 5m for him. So frustrating that Aberdeen finally have a few sellable assets but won’t get the good of the money as majority will be used to plug holes from the virus. 

My jumping to conclusions theory over our tentative enquiry about Allan Campbell in September was that an english club had asked a question about Ferguson and we were prepping incase of a strong offer.

It didn't make much sense otherwise. What did we expect Motherwell to say and how did we plan to respond. Who knows.

2 hours ago, aberdeen1970 said:

I'd prefer Liam Lindsay but not sure when his deal is up with Stoke 

Only been there since summer 2019 but lost his place at the turn of the year when O'Neill brought in his own player. Imagine he's contracted till at least summer 2022 possibly 2023. Either way, given that he cost £2million, you'd have to think that if Stoke are willing to let him leave, they'd want to recoup a fair chunk of what they spent. Probably unrealistic of them to want the full fee back but I'd guess around £750k-£1million. We won't be splashing that on him so Gallagher to replace Devlin and Findlay replacing McKenna would be our realistic targets. If Taylor gets released as well, maybe a youngish prospect for a smallish fee from the Championship/SFL1 would be my bet.

14 hours ago, CalgaryDon said:

For what I've seen this season of Ross Stewart he isn't good enough for us.

Findlay and Gallagher in for Devlin and Taylor.

Allan Campbell for Ojo.

No to the rest.

Get Hoban, Edmundson, Watkins, Woods and Leigh all signed up on longer deals.

Why do you want Greg Leigh signed up on a long term contract? 

He's a back up player for the likes of Aberdeen. Surely we should have ambitions of doing better? 

And that's without mentioning that he's a left back at a club who are now playing 3 at the back. 

I also think you're in a bit of a rush to be signing up Woods and Edmondson on long term deals as well.  There are other players out there. You shouldn't always accept what we've got as we will never improve if we keep extending the fringe players we have. 

3 hours ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

Findlay isn’t even getting a game for Killie. He’s not as good as Considine. 

Gallagher in for Taylor, absolutely 

To be fair that’s just nonsense isn’t it

considine is a cracking player that gives his all but is very limited as opposed to the much much younger Findlay who is a similar player to a young Reynolds 

he has played the first ten games of the season? Only missed 2 due to a strain!

Both in

• Downvote 1
11 hours ago, Simosmashed my knee said:

I  fully agree we should go for Gallacher however I do not believe he will go to England, he is 30 year old and Championship clubs and below are haemorrhaging cash at the moment, we should offer him a two year deal. Findlay and Gallacher  for me.

I like the positivity. We'd be stupid not to make him an offer in January.

I think we might end up keeping one of Devlin/Taylor as sometimes things are better the devil you know. It wouldn't be a very Derek thing to do to twist on both of them.

9 hours ago, Tord31 said:

I like the positivity. We'd be stupid not to make him an offer in January.

I think we might end up keeping one of Devlin/Taylor as sometimes things are better the devil you know. It wouldn't be a very Derek thing to do to twist on both of them.

Tend to agree and think Taylor might get another year.  Devlin has shot his bolt it appears,  both in terms of his form and his attitude towards the manager.

56 minutes ago, sooth_stander said:

Tend to agree and think Taylor might get another year.  Devlin has shot his bolt it appears,  both in terms of his form and his attitude towards the manager.

I'd say Devlin's ability to stay fit for any great length of time will be the over-riding factor in the decision. Bye bye Devlin, thanks for your service.

Taylor I have a nasty suspicion you might be correct about. However, if we can get Hoban tied up long term and get Gallagher signed up on a pre-contract, then it would really leave us needing a left sided central defender, in which case Taylor also gets released.

I wouldn't worry about starting or dropping Considine in 2021/22. We'll need two left sided centre backs. 

Greg Leigh is on trial for that position (or full back or wing back) and he needs to get some games to see how he would work.

Considine is 100% in the squad and there is no need to get excited about whether he is starting or on the bench